Red Card Statement

Kmcalpin

On the Griffiths /Hill penalty claim, former ref Charlie Richmond said Madden got the penalty call right as Hill did get a touch on the ball. Also an excerpt from the Scotsman "If he doesn't know for certain what came first, man or ball, he shouldn't give the penalty."

So the issue of excessive force doesn't seem to come into it, its more what came first man or ball. Not what we were led to understand.

Miller never even got ball was straight into player and not even a booking .Also all neutrals saying Madden correct not to give pen as injury time so had to be 100% certain it was definite pen. Quite ironic he never used that philosophy last week although penalty against us last minute a lot easier to give than penalty against Rangers last minute but it shouldn't be .

It was a penalty all day long. And for the scissor tackle by Holt on Roberts not to even be a foul beggars belief. Seems to be that they change their tune as to whether or not getting a touch on the ball matters to suit Rangers.

The inference a few weeks ago seemed to be that our club's interpretation of what constituted a red card was outdated and out of line with everyone else but from incidents since and comments it appears that it is the SFA who have either not made interpretations clear and/or are nor ensuring their employees, the referees, are implementing their updated guidance.

It was a penalty all day long. And for the scissor tackle by Holt on Roberts not to even be a foul beggars belief. Seems to be that they change their tune as to whether or not getting a touch on the ball matters to suit Rangers.

Pretty much. If we're looking at 'excessive force' as well, Miller going into that tackle like he was jumping down a flume surely was worth another look from the referee.

The Holt on Roberts one was absolutely wild, I thought.

• 1 month later...

Without doubt the biggest joke ever, I just cannot believe how that could be down graded to a yellow, so Mr McGhee maybe was correct in his assessment of our so called red cards!!

Rodgers also had a cheek in saying that Bowman's yellow card in the game against Celtic should have been a red, we will never ever win any situation as long as the so called football authorities are so biased towards the old firm.

"A Disciplinary Tribunal convened today to consider the following claim of wrongful dismissal:

Player: Scott Brown (Celtic FC)

Match: Ross County v Celtic - Sunday, 16 April 2017 (Scottish Premiership)

Case: Claim of wrongful dismissal for serious foul play

Outcome: Claim upheld; sending-off reduced to caution for recklessly dangerous play. Fee returned. "

If you watched the game or seen the highlights Brown was in a rage at Boyce and it was premeditated that he was going to do him!

The bias...sorry ruling today, just condones that thug to play the way he does. Total disgrace from the SFA.

Celtic supporter at my work couldn't believe they won that appeal. I've seen challenges like that receive a yellow or a red card but I didn't think they had a chance with the appeal as there were reasons to justify it as a red, particularly after the explanation following McDonalds's appeal.

Brown has 16 ( yep, SIXTEENEN, 11 league) yellow cards this season and just the one red (sorry. Now 0 red cards). And to my knowledge no domestic suspension. How that can be well.....