Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 25 Feb 15:00

CoF

Our rivals (ICT, Dundee, Killie) have a few games to play before Saturday which could add a bit more pressure to this game, however regardless of what happens I think this is a must win if we still have top 6 aspirations (I'm always one to look up, not down).

Thoughts on the line-up?

Don't think we'll see any big surprises here however I thought Bowman added a lot yesterday so may feature more. He looked sharp, moved the ball well and seemed tuned in to the movement of his team-mates. I now have far more confidence that he is a viable option either to start or come on and turn the game however how he fits in with Moult and McDonald is something I haven't fully worked out yet.

Back 4 will be hard to predict until we know how Hammell and McManus are doing. I like the look of Jules going forward so would like to see him start at left back. He does look raw and his inexperience means he will be prone to mistakes - as we have seen so far vs Hearts and Celtic.

Midfield - McHugh should start however I'm not sure any combination of Lucas, Clay, McHugh and Lasley has been a complete success nor a complete failure so I don't have any significant preference there. Clay is great at calmly getting the ball out of tight spaces in the middle and played very well in that role yesterday, however has his limitations in that he doesn't excel defensively or going forward. Las still seems to be McGhee's preference so I think we'll see him start with McHugh.

Pearo and Cadd's out wide. Simple.

I'd start Las and get 50 or 60 minutes out him and then bring on either Clay or Lucas depending on how the game's going.

McDonald and Moult have to start together up front.

The 1st few words of that post sum up one of the major problems with our midfield...i.e. Lasley is done and does well if he can last for an hour in a game.

This is a must win game so we need a midfield that will compete for 90 mins and more so i would not be starting him. Skippy and Moult up front though is a must its our most effective goal threat.

• Like 1

If Lasley plays like he did yesterday then he can still go 90 mins no bother.

I'm not his biggest fan but utilise him like he was yesterday and he's still a benefit. Let the others do the running and don't ask him to do it.

Personally it's McHugh or Lasley for me in these upcoming games.wouldnt play them together.

There's no point in us even turning up next week. With Dundee currently beating Rangers, logic dictates that we are going to lose, no matter what.

Ojamaa set up the first goal as well, so why didn't we sign him? That assist would have been ours.

Because, ye know that's just how it is.

Logic, it's a bitch.

• Like 3

We've only won 3 at home all season - Scoring 10 and conceding 3. For home defeats we scored 6 and conceded 20! -9 GD at home is terrifying.

Still think Dundee are beatable, so long as McGhee doesn't try to play god!

If you look at Dundee's home and away record you can see they are obviously much better on their own patch.

We've only lost once to a bottom 6 team at home and that was a while back.

Should be looking to pick up at least 3 points here, 1 at a minimum.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, Ojamaa to score, and probably play very well.

Would you rather have him playing up top than Moult?

Don't you just hate when opposing teams put out 11 players and then they go and start playing? It's like they want to win and make us lose. If only we had some kind of strategy we could adopt with our players and do the same.

It's a head scratcher.

• Like 2

Would you rather have him playing up top than Moult?

Don't you just hate when opposing teams put out 11 players and then they go and start playing? It's like they want to win and make us lose. If only we had some kind of strategy we could adopt with our players and do the same.

It's a head scratcher.

Would it be too much to ask to have both?