Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 25 Feb 15:00

CoF

My point was regarding the specific, basic mistakes made today. Simple marking at set pieces, communication, and not getting (repeatedly) turned by your man. I was merely suggesting that I wouldn't have expected the more experienced trio to make these same mistakes. Their mistakes versus Aberdeen were more unfortunate and due to other reasons than basic marking 101.

Anyway, so your point is that we're totally doomed, everyone's shite, and we shouldn't bother turning up any more?

I didn't make any the points in your last paragraph.

The worst 20 minutes of football I have ever watched, take nothing away from Dundee, but I am sure Albion Rovers could have scored a few against us.

The other problem now is even we drop a few of the defensive players i.e. Samson and Jules, who have we got to replace them with, as I go to the under 20's games and there is nobody ready for first team football. I saw Griffiths play and was not impressed!

Also, harsh to blame Samson for any of today. He's done fuck all wrong (except maybe could have shouted for the OG).

Looked like the 4th went right through him.

I'm usually ever the optimist but that was grim viewing, it will be a hard scrap ahead if we continue to gift goals like that. 17 goals conceded in 4 games.

After about 10 minutes today it was obvious that the young defence wasn't working and that the change was McHugh to centre half with either Jules or Chalmers getting hooked, with a midfielder coming on. It took shovel face 60 minutes to make that change. A blind man could see if. Simply not good enough. McGhee continuously picks the wrong team/formation and has to go. He's not good enough!

• Like 2

How did Joe Chalmers ever become a professional football player.?

Absolutely shocking. His inability to do anything with his right foot other than stand on it, and running style that makes him appear handicapped should surely have set alarm bells ringing before any c*nt ever offered him a contract.

And Zak Jules...?? Fuck me.

The thing is, we literally have no one else defensively , and as it stands McGhees' ineptitude and these imposters are taking us down.

McHugh had to start at the back today, using his experience and reading of the game to manage the back 4. Chalmers clearly doesn't have a football brain and Jules isn't any better, playing them next to eachother was absolute car crash material. Extremely poor management from McGhee. Feel sorry for Hemeghan, he tried to offer some leadership but he was surrounded by absolute dross.

Why we didn't change things and bring Lasley on at 2-1 or 3-1 to try and prevent an embarrassment is beyond me.

On a positive note! I think McHugh slotted into centre back position with ease and with Clay playing decently in midfield, a pairing of Heneghan&Mchugh may be worth pursuing ?

Yes, that's a positive however why didn't McGhee pick that up on the training pitch instead of opting chuck a 20 year old with zero first team experience in at the deep end?