Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 25 Feb 15:00

CoF

Huge fan of Cadden but he hasn't looked right since picking up an injury against Celtic after a storming 1st half. Despite the assist, his performance at Ibrox was hard to watch.

Added to this, he is expected to be the sole attacking outlet from midfield which is an unfair pressure on him. For all his assets he doesn't have the guile to open up organised defences. His game is all about carrying the ball and breaking into space but such space isn't going to appear when you don't have a Marvin occupying multiple defenders.

Pretty much agree with that Lobey. All too often he's been our sole outball and opponents can close him down easily. In game after game we've seen 2/3 defenders close him down and Saturday was no exception. Some thought that Pearson would play wide left at the weekend and that was my hope. However somewhat predictably he played deeper and in central midfield - that said he didn't look fit/interested. When Cadden did break he often had to do so without any support. Yes, he may also be carrying an injury.

That was the last straw for me. Mcghee has to go. I doubt he will but I would like him to.

I'd also like the club to be sounding out Simo Valakari right now.

Cadden isn't a right winger in my opinion. He was great in that awkard right hand side of a three in midfield that we seemed to play when we had Johnson as a left winger.

The midfield is a joke in general. I think that's been or problem in offence and defence.

A few weeks ago i still thought McGhee would be the man to keep us up and maybe even repeat last season and get us a top 6 finish again but it has become increasingly obvious that he has lost it, even accepting that his choices were limited on Saturday due to injuries and suspensions his constant inability to see a problem and make changes during the game are costing us big time. We still have time to go on a decent run and haul ourselves back to safety but i am not sure if McGhee is the man to do it.

There are dangers in bringing in another manager at this time of the season straight into a relegation battle but i think that's a risk we need to take because doing nothing is not an option.

PS i am not getting all of this Simo Valakari for manager chat, if he had not played for us 20 odd years ago would anybody be calling for him to get the job i think not, and as for his record 1 success with an obscure Finnish team is hardly a glowing recommendation.

• Like 1

I have no idea what that means. He's been playing better than he actually play?

It happens all the time, players come in for a short period and look great, then fall back the way.

I'm not sure why, it might be adrenaline pushing them on, their attitude to something new, their opposition not taking them as seriously as they should...the best example for me is Kevin McBride, who had an absolutely great spell when he was on loan to us, fast forward a few months and into a permanent contract and he was fucking bowfing...fast forward a few years later and he was plying his trade in the lower leagues.

...or as I said, he might be carrying a knock, but as Big Wispy Flossy said, he is a bit of a one-trick pony, and his opponents might now understand what it takes to nullify him. Who knows, but he's certainly not playing as well as he was.