Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 25 Feb 15:00

CoF

Massive game, hopefully we can get a decent support out to get right behind the team. The players and manager really need to pull out a performance here. The consequences of losing could be massive with games against Aberdeen, St Johnstone & Rangers coming up. Our form just now is absolutely minging. There can be no excuses. I've heard various arguments recently regarding how well we have done against the teams around us etc but I think at this stage we need to accept the fact our results recently haven't been good enough. We also have the worst goal difference in the league. Dundee looked very up for it yesterday and fair play to them. If we showed the same attitude, commitment and postive tactics we might still be in the cup.

On our day I think we still have greater quality than Dundee and a lot of the teams around us. The main thing is we need to ensure we work harder than we have recently and play to our strengths, namely our forward line. Jury is still very much out on Jules, seems to be quite good on the ball but quite clumsy defensively. In saying that I'd much rather play a 3 with him rather than a 4 with Hammell/McMillian who IMO have been rotten for some time now. Been relatively impressed by Bowman recently when he has featured, he gives us hard work and a physical presence so I would include him at the weekend. Lasley similar to Hammell seems to be really struggling, that goal at Aberdeen for example was awful.

My team would be....

Samson

Heneghan - McManus - Jules

Cadden - Pearson - McHugh - Clay - Bowman

McDonald - Moult

1-0 to the 'well (pleaseeeeee)

Hartley said the Rangers game was one of the few times Dundee went 442 this season. Would expect both teams to go 442 this weekend. With Clay exceeding expectations at Parkhead, I'd be inclined to play McHugh at the back if Hammell and/or McManus are struggling.

Given McHugh has looked our best midfielder this season, I'd keep him where he is.

For me

Samson

McMillan Heneghan Jules Chalmers

Cadden McHugh Pearson Frear

McDonald Moult

Could also play that as a 433 with Frear up top. A slightly more cautious approach could bring Clay or Lucas in for Frear and put Pearson out wide. But I'd be keen to be positive early and try and win the game rather than not lose it. I'll not be surprised if McGhee chooses a more conservative approach though. He seems obsessed recently with setting up mainly to combat the opposition rather than imposing our own game...

Was Tait's suspension 1 game or is he injured?

Agree it'll be 442. I'd have thought Tait will be in if available the rest depends on McManus & Hammell injuries.

Samson

Tait Heneghan Jules McMillan

Cadden Clay McHugh Pearson

McDonald Moult

Subs; Bowman, Griffiths, Campbell, Lasley, Ainsworth, Chalmers, Frear

Focused on our our team rather than the opposition.

---------Samson--------

---Heneghan---McManus---Jules---

Cadden--Lucas--McHugh--Pearson

-------McDonald ------

-----Moult---Bowman-----

Ainsworth and Frear available to come on if chasing goals, or if leading can always withdraw a striker for Mcmillan or (sighs Clay or Lasley) to tighten up either defence or midfield.

A must win!!

We have not lost a game at Fir Park on a Saturday with a 3 o'clock kick off since 13th August although not played that many lol and that's only 1 we've lost all season .Clutching at straws I know but look for any positives I can find .

Only lost twice against teams outside the top 4 in all domestic games this season is another

Move mcmillan to left back, tait in at right back, mchugh and clay in the middle, jules in for mcmanus, I thought clay was excellent last week...very composed on the ball, deserves to keep his place, jules and heneghan both defended very well, positionally spot on, even more so considering it was a thrown together back 4.

• Like 1