Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 25 Feb 15:00

CoF

Haven't seen the press conference but the loss of McManus is bad news. While he might not meet the expectations his cv would suggest, he has been pretty solid over the last 2 years and a positive influence on Heneghan.

It might not happen on Saturday but given McHugh has played most of his career at centre half I think he'll be drafted in. Heneghan doesn't have the necessary experience to lead the backline while Jules looks very raw.

"Jay likes this", he's now a signed up member .... WS blazer getting altered at the tailors mate? Make sure its got big pockets so you can swipe a few and feed your mates in the electric after the game ;)

My MFC Podcast blazer & tie means I don't need to bother with the WS one mate... ;)

• Like 2

A must to get a positive result, preferably a win. Team selection will be affected by McManus injury and I would think McHugh moves into central defence. Let's hope return of Pearson can add something more positive to midfield. Agree that Clay played well, last week. Definitely need Moult and McDonald up front to start game. Would be good for team confidence if we can score first and early in first half but I still don't feel good about this. Let's hope Robinson's return has boosted players and reduced McGhee's recent irrationality.

we need to start picking up points and quick starting with this game,we cant keep expecting and hoping the 2 teams below us to keep messing up as tonights result showed that cant be the case.i really worry about us defensively but hopefully having moult and skippy back together can inspire us to a much needed 3 points.

3 points could be huge tomorrow. You'd be expecting Accies and Ross County to lose.

Win and we could be 6 clear of bottom, 5 clear of 2nd bottom and a whisker off 6th.

I'd expect Accies to be cut adrift over the next few weeks with their run of games and Ross County will struggle over the next two too.

Could finally be the part of the season gaps start to form. We just need to be in the right bit!

Milo, I remember your posts on here 2 years ago during the run in were equally pessimistic and we got into a debate, that's why it sticks in the mind. It was every game we were going to get cuffed. All it says to me is we lose you get to spout the "I told you so" and if we win its "I'm glad to have been proved wrong, but we were lucky". Seems you are covered either way.

Gaz makes a valid point he finds echoed with me, if following Motherwell only increases your doom, gloom and blood pressure, why bother? You rarely have anything good to say and while this team is far from 2013 or 2007 its not leading many others to reach for their Wilkinson Swords to do damage to their wrists.

I've shared my apathy with the game in Scotland and were we go from here to the extent its affecting my attendance at FP, however I do find your posts bloody irritating.

Supporting Motherwell can be down to a multitude of reasons, from having a visit at your school from Terry Butcher or Faddy as a child, proximity to Fir Park, liking the colours, fancying a player (Las), your favourite uncle being a die hard, to definitely not wanting to have anything to do with those religious focused bile merchants from town. So what's yours? It almost reminds me of the albino monk from the Da Vinci code whipping himself and wrapping his leg in barbed wire.

We can all be critical of this and that. However, after reading these boards for some time now, the only thing we all agree on is 3 points on a Saturday. The merits of who we recruit or release, how the manager sets us up tactically, how the funds are raised off the pitch and how the club is governed will result in a unique response from every one of us.

I thought Leeann left Motherwell in a better place she found it, I felt the league messed up our fixtures through incompetence, I support summer football, I appreciate TV makes up the lions share of our finances so unfortunately as paymaster they get to call the tune, I don't see how McManus ever got a Scotland cap, I would prefer it if the SFA followed the example of Iceland than this super academy pish, I'm glad Robinson is back, Instant replays on the sidelines for major decisions, I wish we move to a new stadium at Ravenscraig and don't support a 16 team top league as yet. You find me one other Motherwell fan that agrees with all of that in addition to 3 points on a Saturday and I'll doff my cap.

• Like 4

As long as we try to score and if we do ,kick on and try for another. Im a bit sick of the lets no loose this attitude .The defence is shakey at best ,we have one of the best strikers in the leauge in Moult yet the service he gets is crap.McGhee needs to be positive that we can beat the other team for wee change .

• Like 1