Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Dundee Sat 25 Feb 15:00

CoF

Milo, I remember your posts on here 2 years ago during the run in were equally pessimistic and we got into a debate, that's why it sticks in the mind. It was every game we were going to get cuffed. All it says to me is we lose you get to spout the "I told you so" and if we win its "I'm glad to have been proved wrong, but we were lucky". Seems you are covered either way.

Gaz makes a valid point he finds echoed with me, if following Motherwell only increases your doom, gloom and blood pressure, why bother? You rarely have anything good to say and while this team is far from 2013 or 2007 its not leading many others to reach for their Wilkinson Swords to do damage to their wrists.

I've shared my apathy with the game in Scotland and were we go from here to the extent its affecting my attendance at FP, however I do find your posts bloody irritating.

Supporting Motherwell can be down to a multitude of reasons, from having a visit at your school from Terry Butcher or Faddy as a child, proximity to Fir Park, liking the colours, fancying a player (Las), your favourite uncle being a die hard, to definitely not wanting to have anything to do with those religious focused bile merchants from town. So what's yours? It almost reminds me of the albino monk from the Da Vinci code whipping himself and wrapping his leg in barbed wire.

We can all be critical of this and that. However, after reading these boards for some time now, the only thing we all agree on is 3 points on a Saturday. The merits of who we recruit or release, how the manager sets us up tactically, how the funds are raised off the pitch and how the club is governed will result in a unique response from every one of us.

I thought Leeann left Motherwell in a better place she found it, I felt the league messed up our fixtures through incompetence, I support summer football, I appreciate TV makes up the lions share of our finances so unfortunately as paymaster they get to call the tune, I don't see how McManus ever got a Scotland cap, I would prefer it if the SFA followed the example of Iceland than this super academy pish, I'm glad Robinson is back, Instant replays on the sidelines for major decisions, I wish we move to a new stadium at Ravenscraig and don't support a 16 team top league as yet. You find me one other Motherwell fan that agrees with all of that in addition to 3 points on a Saturday and I'll doff my cap.

I agree with it all .... except the 3 points on Saturday :crazy: we are truly dire and I expect the same p1sh Ive watched all season. If we take our Claret and Amber specs off 3 wins since September out of 21 games tells it all.

I agree with it all .... except the 3 points on Saturday :crazy: we are truly dire and I expect the same p1sh Ive watched all season. If we take our Claret and Amber specs off 3 wins since September out of 21 games tells it all.

We've won 5, drawn 5 and lost 11 of our last 21 league games. Dundee have won once more and drawn one less, which would suggest they are just as dire as us.

We've won 5, drawn 5 and lost 11 of our last 21 league games. Dundee have won once more and drawn one less, which would suggest they are just as dire as us.

I never suggested Dundee were good , I'm just confident in our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. We rarely rise to any occasion and please don't anyone start by citing the play offs, for every case where we rose to the challenge I could give you 5 we fuck up.

I never suggested Dundee were good , I'm just confident in our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot. We rarely rise to any occasion and please don't anyone start by citing the play offs, for every case where we rose to the challenge I could give you 5 we fuck up.

Inverness Ross county and Hamilton all in the last 8 weeks

We slipped to 11th last season then won 7 out of 9, including wins against 2nd and 3rd placed Aberdeen and Hearts and eventually finished 5th. I'd call that rising to the occasion.

• Like 1

We slipped to 11th last season then won 7 out of 9, including wins against 2nd and 3rd placed Aberdeen and Hearts and eventually finished 5th. I'd call that rising to the occasion.

We could go on forever claiming and counter claiming Im still pretty confident we fuck up more often in big games than we win out. You know how good this season is when all we celebrate is the state of the pitch.

In the subject of Ainsworth, it's been made pretty clear by McGhee that Ainsworth isn't going to feature in his plans. To the extent that he wasn't among the subs last Saturday either until Hammell got injured. Given his assists and goals return, this probably sticks in his throat. He probably can't wait for the season to end so he can get away. So a lacklustre showing in the U20s isn't surprising. Motivation and confidence at an all time low and he knows that no matter how well he does for the U20s that he has no future at Fir Park.

Does it excuse a poor U20s performance? No but it explains it..

• Like 2

We could go on forever claiming and counter claiming Im still pretty confident we fuck up more often in big games than we win out. You know how good this season is when all we celebrate is the state of the pitch.

We punch above our weight, but, never rise to the occasion. Ex players always score against us. We never do well against a team with a new manager. Any team on a losing streak always breaks it against us.

It's amazing we still exist as a club, never mind get any points.

As for our recent 2nd and 3rd league finishes, they were reported by the BBC and obviously fake news.

• Like 2

In the subject of Ainsworth, it's been made pretty clear by McGhee that Ainsworth isn't going to feature in his plans. To the extent that he wasn't among the subs last Saturday either until Hammell got injured. Given his assists and goals return, this probably sticks in his throat. He probably can't wait for the season to end so he can get away. So a lacklustre showing in the U20s isn't surprising. Motivation and confidence at an all time low and he knows that no matter how well he does for the U20s that he has no future at Fir Park.

This. ^^ On his game, Ainsworth is one of our biggest dangers. Off his game he's no worse than any other off form player.

Lets be honest, do you think there is even a remote possibility that Frear will be half the player Ainsworth is (and can be) ?

I'm sure I heared (maybe on the mfc podcast?) that he was desperate to stay. That was a few months ago though.

Unlike the fans, Mcghee hasnt had the benefit of seeing him perform week in week out so I dare say to Mcghee it might feel like Ainsworth's abilities are something of an ancient myth.

That said, Mcghee has said often enough that he performs well in training. The issue appears to be translating training ground form onto he pitch.