Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock V Motherwell Sat 4 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

In his post match interview on the BBC he said that the team he put out today was all he had available due to injuries etc and that they would probably start next week as well, so unless he comes up with a better organised defence/midfield than the ones we saw this afternoon then i fear the worst. Dropping Chalmers and putting McHugh in as centre half would be a start, and as much as it pains me to say this drop Clay bring back Lasley in to midfield beside Pearson.

In his post match interview on the BBC he said that the team he put out today was all he had available due to injuries etc and that they would probably start next week as well, so unless he comes up with a better organised defence/midfield than the ones we saw this afternoon then i fear the worst. Dropping Chalmers and putting McHugh in as centre half would be a start, and as much as it pains me to say this drop Clay bring back Lasley in to midfield beside Pearson.

No options? Lucas, Ferguson, Frear, Griffiths, Hastie? I don't know about Lasley though Allan. At 37 he's way past it, and although he may have brought some enthusiasm to the proceedings the game would have passed him by.

No options? Lucas, Ferguson, Frear, Griffiths, Hastie? I don't know about Lasley though Allan. At 37 he's way past it, and although he may have brought some enthusiasm to the proceedings the game would have passed him by.

I know he is past it Dave but the midfield was a joke yesterday, Pearson is wasted out wide, and Clay was hopeless. So i would put Lasley in with Pearson and lucas to give the midfield a bit of bite, Lasley has no pace but have him in a holding role and let the others do the running. Frear might be a good shout he showed a willingness to get forward with a bit of pace when he came on, The main problems are the full backs, McMillan looked ok at right back but the left side is more of an issue, as chalmers should not be let anywhere near the team.

Lasley in the holding role? Belter. He's not got the discipline for something he should've been doing 3 or 4 seasons ago!

I know that's the case but given the choice between him and Clay i would put him back in there, from now on in its about results. We all know he is done but as it stands he is the only option McGhee has, but that said you are probably right he will continue to go chasing up the park and be 2nd to every ball and end up diving in to tackles and chasing the game like he normally does.

He was all over the place in that interview. He said in the same breath about the defence "So, at least two of them will have to play"

I think we'll see the defence that ended the game start it unless Tait is fit

We have a number of central midfielders but its very much a case of quantity rather than quality. We can't expect young Campbell to carry the others but there's no harm in giving him some game time even as a sub. He proved he can compete when he played in Hamilton. Going over the goals we conceded yesterday yesterday the midfield came out of it very badly.

I'd like to see Bowman given some time. I wasn't too hopeful after his early season performances however he made a huge difference at Parkhead and from reports at Pittodrie had an impact too. Looks sharp in his passing, has been winning plenty in the air, has a good turn of pace for a big guy, good awareness of where his team-mates are. All attributes that will probably see him sit on the bench for another 90 minutes.

All of Samson, Chalmers and Jules should be out on their ears and never seen again in a Motherwell shirt, shocking performances from all 3. Next game we should start with Griffiths, Tait, Hammell (Pearson at LB if Hammell not fit) Henghan and McHugh at the back, Cadden, Lasley, Lucas, Frear in midfield and Moult, McDonald up top. If McGhee sends out the same back four next week (as he suggested he might) then I believe is actively trying to get himself sacked. How a 'manager' could sit back and watch that for an hour yesterday and not attempt to make any personnel or tactical changes beggars belief. He's got to go and now, before it's too late.

• Like 2

"Pearson at LB if Hammell not fit"

The same guy who according to some did feck all yesterday and didn't look interested?

Yip that's him and I agree that he looked disinterested, however given the other options are not options in my opinion i.e Chalmers, Jules, Mcmillian. Best option from a very limited choice!

Yip that's him and I agree that he looked disinterested, however given the other options are not options in my opinion i.e Chalmers, Jules, Mcmillian. Best option from a very limited choice!

Wasn't at the game yesterday - was at Murryfield - but I'm assuming that Pearson was left midfield and if so should have been helping protect the left back, which in turn would mean that he was partly responsible for leaving Chalmers (yes a poor player) exposed. This is not something I'd be expecting of a senior player.

So in short why play someone at LB who can't be arsed helping to cover LB?

If he wasn't left midfield then that's different - not a lot though.

Wasn't at the game yesterday - was at Murryfield - but I'm assuming that Pearson was left midfield and if so should have been helping protect the left back, which in turn would mean that he was partly responsible for leaving Chalmers (yes a poor player) exposed. This is not something I'd be expecting of a senior player.....If he wasn't left midfield then that's different - not a lot though.

Agree with most of that. However Pearson wasn't really playing wide left at all. As I suspected beforehand we played narrowly with Pearson sitting in left of centre rather than wide left. In short, poor as Chalmers was, he had no-one in front of him. At times he had 2 opponents bearing down on him.

Poor as our defence was yesterday our midfield has to shoulder a good part of the responsibility for losing the goals we did.