Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock V Motherwell Sat 4 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Always look forward to Killie Away as got a good few Kilmarnock supporting mates so it's always a good day. Already let them know in advance that they're on to three points on Saturday.

McHugh has to play in the back four for me. I think it was clear that, without McManus, we had nobody at the back communicating and organising. Even after conceding goals, not one defender looked interested or confident enough to have a go at a team mate or show some sort of emotion that we had lost another shite goal, it was a reluctant acceptance that we were on to an absolute doing, and that's not good enough.

As for the rest of the team, I'm really not sure. Pearson didn't look interested, Cadden looks like he could maybe do with a rest and isn't providing the spark he can as a result, and the central midfield options are as much of a muchness. I'd be inclined to agree that maybe Saturday could be a game to throw Campbell in there - I don't know what the lad's mentality is like, and you have to be cautious in these situations that you don't ruin a young guy's mind set by throwing him into a team that's got the potential to lose 6 or 7 nothing, but if he's got his head screwed on, then maybe a bit of youthful enthusiasm might actually be what we need.

But aye, looking forward to the day, the 90 minutes not so much. 3-1 Killie.

Samson

Tait (if fit) Heneghan McHugh McMillan

Cadden Lasley Pearo Frear

Moult Skippy

Not Ideal as I don't believe Cadden is a right midfielder, think we have to throw frear into the mix, move Pearo inside and who he plays with is a toss up to be honest.

The front two pick themselves. If Tait isn't fit I'd just throw in another youngster. either that or Jules at LB, but he appears to be jobbies

• Like 1

No Ainsworth in the 20s tonight. Made made wonder if he'll even make the bench on Saturday

Injured? Or simply out the picture all together?

Already out of Mcghee's plans, then add to it the previous spat with Robinson (Morton game)...Ainsworth is gone!

Very very sad to say, as I am a big Ainsworth fan.

Already out of Mcghee's plans, then add to it the previous spat with Robinson (Morton game)...Ainsworth is gone!

Very very sad to say, as I am a big Ainsworth fan.

I had never made that connection. Robinson was still on the scene for long enough after McGhee's arrival (when Ainsworth was still getting plenty of game time) so I'm not sure that's not a factor.

If he's frozen out completely on Saturday then that's nothing short of an absolute waste of talent. His ability isn't in doubt so it can only mean one of three things:

McGhee has failed to manage one of our best assets and get the best out of him

He simply doesn't fit into McGhee's plans (that's fitba folks)

Ainsworth's head has gone (or went a long time ago)

Wasn't at the game yesterday - was at Murryfield - but I'm assuming that Pearson was left midfield and if so should have been helping protect the left back, which in turn would mean that he was partly responsible for leaving Chalmers (yes a poor player) exposed. This is not something I'd be expecting of a senior player.

So in short why play someone at LB who can't be arsed helping to cover LB?

If he wasn't left midfield then that's different - not a lot though.

He was playing left mid for most of the game (until McHugh moved into the back 4 and Frear came on) and I agree, he should have been providing more cover for Chalmers, however as I said before the options we have are SO poor that Pearson (if Hammell is out) represents the best of them in my opinion.

I had never made that connection. Robinson was still on the scene for long enough after McGhee's arrival (when Ainsworth was still getting plenty of game time) so I'm not sure that's not a factor.

If he's frozen out completely on Saturday then that's nothing short of an absolute waste of talent. His ability isn't in doubt so it can only mean one of three things:

McGhee has failed to manage one of our best assets and get the best out of him

He simply doesn't fit into McGhee's plans (that's fitba folks)

Ainsworth's head has gone (or went a long time ago)

Regarding Ainsworth i think its a much simpler explanation, he's been found out to be disinterested and lazy and has contributed nothing to the team all season so far, that's why he is not getting a game, playing someone to give you 5 mins of great play followed by 85 mins of the invisible man impressions are a luxury we cant afford.

Back 4 ought to have mainly U20 boys in it. Only boys in the club that seem capable of holding a clean sheet.

Granted tonight was a good clean sheet against a good Celtic team but our under 20's don't have the greatest defensive record either...48 goals conceded in 24 games, the 4th highest goals conceded in the 17 team Development league.

Granted tonight was a good clean sheet against a good Celtic team but our under 20's don't have the greatest defensive record either...48 goals conceded in 24 games, the 4th highest goals conceded in the 17 team Development league.

Points/goals/results are not a great indication of quality or lack of it in the Development League, as some teams regularly play the maximum number of overage players, some hardly ever do, and some change week in, week out. Then there are different attitudes among the overage players - some give everything, others coast through the game as if they don't want to be there. Then, with the players of the right age to play, some teams have mostly boys in their final year of the age group, others play a lot of first years or even a few u16s or u17s for experience.

The best reflection the way things are set up at the moment is the Youth Cup, where no overage players are allowed.

If Hamilton beat Aberdeen tonight we could be second bottom before we even kick a ball on Saturday. Depressing stuff. I personally cant see us taking anything from Saturdays game and I fully expect Killie to heap more pressure on us. 3-1 Killie.

Ray of sunshine ain't you :lol:

Other side of the coin is you'd hope / expect accies and Caley to lose this midweek which would make Saturday a huge opportunity. Add in a hearts win against county and its ideal.

Anyway that's far too many stars lining up for us. 1-1 with Moult scoring a penalty.

We need to stop the rot at Killie. Simple as.

We then need to keep the score down at Aberdeen and then beat St Johnstone. We need wins and fast. I know it's stating the obvious but if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and Accies, County and ict pick up anything at all we leave ourselves with a mountain to climb as we will almost certainly be bottom by that stage.

Our next 4 games are Killie (A), Aberdeen (A), St Johnstone (H) and Rangers (A)!!!! Jesus Christ!!

We need to stop the rot at Killie. Simple as.

We then need to keep the score down at Aberdeen and then beat St Johnstone. We need wins and fast. I know it's stating the obvious but if we lose the next 3 or 4 games and Accies, County and ict pick up anything at all we leave ourselves with a mountain to climb as we will almost certainly be bottom by that stage.

Our next 4 games are Killie (A), Aberdeen (A), St Johnstone (H) and Rangers (A)!!!! Jesus Christ!!

We shouldn't fear any of those 4 at all. Too many folk on here are willing to write off games against the top 4, which is insane in my opinion, as every other team in the league seems capable of making a fist at getting results against Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen.

• Like 1

We shouldn't fear any of those 4 at all. Too many folk on here are willing to write off games against the top 4, which is insane in my opinion, as every other team in the league seems capable of making a fist at getting results against Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen.

This is true and this kind of mentality is one thing from fans but too often recently it has become what we have heard from the manager..

I'd like to think we'd do a Leicester now and turn in a performance. From memory, however, our record with interim managers seems to be a string of defeats - although I'd be delighted if my memory is failing on that one.

Maybe a boring 1 - 1 to settle the nerves.

I'd like to think we'd do a Leicester now and turn in a performance. From memory, however, our record with interim managers seems to be a string of defeats - although I'd be delighted if my memory is failing on that one.

Maybe a boring 1 - 1 to settle the nerves.

Remember getting off to a win when Kenny Black took the reigns. Evening game against Dundee United. 1-0. Pretty sure we rode our luck that night but I'll always remember it for one of the rare occasions where the support roared and willed the team on instead of moaning from the off :lol:

Remember getting off to a win when Kenny Black took the reigns. Evening game against Dundee United. 1-0. Pretty sure we rode our luck that night but I'll always remember it for one of the rare occasions where the support roared and willed the team on instead of moaning from the off :lol:

You're right - I remember that one now. Seriously jammy.