Scottish Premiership Kilmarnock V Motherwell Sat 4 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

So how exactly were we set up in the second half? You say two holding? I thought we had gone three at the back in the second half?

We has three centre halves, two holding midfielders, Tait and Frear pushed up the park as wing backs, McDonald in centre mid and Bowman and Moult up top.

First half was like a 5-1-2-2.

Would those at the game say that Robinson made a difference? By all accounts we were lucky to get to half time 1 down, and then there was the last minute penalty miss. I don't want to take he shine off what was a great win, but I'm skeptical as to whether this could be considered a "new manager bounce" and curious if anyone saw a different approach.

Pleased to hear Bowman was decent.

We're in a scrap and he's some size of a boy so could be an asset.

Seems like he's doing a job now he has some game time under his belt. McGhee always wanted a big striker as an option so it might be just what we need in the coming games.

It's not going to be pretty.

Would those at the game say that Robinson made a difference? By all accounts we were lucky to get to half time 1 down, and then there was the last minute penalty miss. I don't want to take he shine off what was a great win, but I'm skeptical as to whether this could be considered a "new manager bounce" and curious if anyone saw a different approach.

Honestly, maybe a little. We certainy showed more fight and for the first 20 mins easily the better team. Killie came on to a game after that.

2nd half we were a bit more threatening with the changes but we were not humping them. We scratched and scraped our two goals and rode our luck (3 off the woodwork). The worst bit was once we went ahead we retreated to tried and tested/failed tactics of everyone sitting too deep. Invited all the pressure onto us and lucky to escape.

The win gives us some breathing space and stops the rot. I am a little worried it papers over cracks. Still, a wins a win. Mon the 'well!!

The worst bit was once we went ahead we retreated to tried and tested/failed tactics of everyone sitting too deep.

Five minutes to go we have a corner, we've scored from two set pieces, their keeper has the sun in his eyes.

Obviously we keep it in the corner.

Big difference today was we had a manager who was prepared to make chances diabolical 1st half but changes it and changes paid off and we win very refreshing hope it continues

Exactly the most noticeable difference ..I've watched turgid game plans under McGhee and if it wasn't working he just kept doing the same thing. We were poor fist half but second half was a breath of fresh air. Still have that worrying habit of sitting too deep in last 10 minutes. Still huge huge result.

Just saw the penalty incident, Jules clearly and fairly wins the ball, refs in Scotland really are pathetic.

Nevertheless a great three points, hopefully we can push on a bit now.

That's shocking if so to award such a contentious potentially costly award in the 90th minute!

I know it didn't count in the end but refs clearly aren't feart about getting it wrong with us are they?

We didn't play well today for long spells especially in the first half. Connor Sammon completely destroyed Richard Tait in the first half. No idea who was meant to be marking Boyd at set plays because the stewards were closer than any of our defenders at times. We didn't look comfortable at all and Jules looked like a lost boy. Also why does he keep trying Hollywood cross field passes? He has done nothing to suggest he is good enough at this level.

But we changed it and Bowman and Frear showed why we'd dug them out and brought them up here. Between them they turned round where the game was being played. Also, we barely ever score from set plays and our centre halfs barely ever score so to get a couple like that today is encouraging, the ball Frear put in for a couple of corners in the second half were deadly. He did a bit last week when he came on and a bit more today to suggest he could be a player for us, would just like to see him a bit more involved in the game.

We stood off too much at 2-1 and invited on the problems we had The lack of an outball meant we were defending all the time and the build up of pressure is what led to the penalty (rightly or wrongly given, not seen it back to see) but we got away with it.

By the way - Carl McHugh was absolutely outstanding.

That was fucking excellent. I've never seen a whole team so pleased for a team-mate than when Jules scored. A few stand-outs -

McHugh was brilliant.

Bowman again made a difference up top. Looks strong, fast and a surprisingly sharp passer of the ball. Given a bit more time on the pitch he'll be a real contributor.

Frear didn't see much of the ball, yet he was instrumental in both goals. Another player I think will grow into a game.

Samson - solid game with some excellent saves, but an extra special menshy for his antics before the penalty. Great stuff.

Also fair play to Boyd, I did chuckle at his celebration. Chuckled even more at the end mind you.

• Like 2

I believe that Kris Boyd riled some of our fans when he scored Killie's only goal by gesturing at them. Did anyone witness what he did?

He who laughs last laughs last laughs longest eh?

Just stared with a big daft grin then made a fatty gesture. It was a good laugh.

My take on the game.

We appeared to line up 352 in the first half with Jules and Hammell switching roles.

Lasley except for the booking was mostly missing, Pearson too.

Tait had a tough time but he had no cover in front, Killie were hard working and busy all over the pitch.

Yes they chances but few were on target and Boyd is still a fat moaning git.

Their goal was a scrappy one, our defense once again at fault. wish we had a keeper that controlled his box and commanded the men in front of him. He did have a couple of grat saves 2nd half.

Was nice to see our new management team change things at HT.

we started positively as if we were the team in front. Pearson and Cadden improved greatly in centre mid, Mcdonald had a few misplaced passes but worked his socks off in attempts to create chances. Frear wasn't in the game a lot but he has a pretty good left foot. The free kick for Jules goal was a peach. We then contrived to back in to our shell as we normally do when in front late on making for a nervous 15 minutes or so for players and fans alike. Delighted with the three points.

It was a special moment for him, scoring his 200th league goal. One you would have thought he would have wanted to celebrate with his own fans rather than trying to get a rise out of the visiting support.

The penalty could have been his 100th league goal for Kilmarnock - shame!