S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Can't believe anyone actually suggested McLeish. Jesus, have people forgotten what an abjectly shite manager he was for us ?????

Turn a top three team into relegation fodder while spending more than any other Motherwell manager before him.

• Like 2

Can't believe anyone actually suggested McLeish. Jesus, have people forgotten what an abjectly shite manager he was for us ?????

Turn a top three team into relegation fodder while spending more than any other Motherwell manager before him.

Over 2 million quid, what we could do with that now. Also swapping Stevie Kirk, Dolan and McGrillen.

The guys are already at the club. Craigen,Lasley,mcfadden,hammel. Men with the club in there heart and the passion to keep us up. They collectively know each players ability and strengths therefore hopefully a system good enough to help us survive. Not saying this could be a long-term answer but i dont think bringing in a stranger to the club would help right now. Just get rid of that clown mcghee. He is so delusional he's probably waiting on a call from Leicester city to save them anyway.

• Like 1

The guys are already at the club. Craigen,Lasley,mcfadden,hammel. Men with the club in there heart and the passion to keep us up. They collectively know each players ability and strengths therefore hopefully a system good enough to help us survive. Not saying this could be a long-term answer but i dont think bringing in a stranger to the club would help right now. Just get rid of that clown mcghee. He is so delusional he's probably waiting on a call from Leicester city to save them anyway.

I think a wee forum holiday to Rangers Media to plant the rumour of McGhee going to them might be in order......

• Like 1

Fans are just as bad at assessing managerial talent as they are playing talent. If it ever does come to picking a new gaffer I'd prefer someone based on skills and track record over "I liked him as a player".

Some short memories in here regarding the quality of performances under Butcher - not to mention the lies about his departure.

• Like 2

Fans are just as bad at assessing managerial talent as they are playing talent. If it ever does come to picking a new gaffer I'd prefer someone based on skills and track record over "I liked him as a player".

Some short memories in here regarding the quality of performances under Butcher - not to mention the lies about his departure.

Some short memories regarding the quality of performances under Billy Davies as well. He can fuck right off.

• Like 1

I literally jumped for joy when he left for Hibs but it was his first job and he's clearly done a good job else where since then.

The incredulity of suggesting McLeish should be that he wouldn't touch the job with a barge pole.

There won't be any great upswing in form whatever happens because unless we have a first XI out, which we've hardly been able to do this season, we just aren't good enough, we are a bottom 4 side. And that's that. So I'm sorry but I'm afraid a team with Clay, Chalmers, McMillan, Jules, Lucas etc are going to do any better than that.

Basically our fate will depend on getting injured and suspended players back and hoping second string players can find some balls when the pressure is on.

Robinson won't turn anything around, the only real question is 'Has McGhee completely lost the players?'. We'll find out next week. If we don't get a result it will surely be the end for him. If we can, I'd stick with him barring any more disasters of the scale of Saturday over Robinson being in charge.

Until then I'd hope we can support at least the team and refrain from dimwit activism that causes more problems than it solves. We aren't lost yet, we aren't even in a relegation position at the moment and we could still achieve a reasonable league position come May. A win at Rugby Park puts us right back where, if you are being realistic, is about where we should be.

Of course if we were to lose that is a different matter.

• Like 1

Aye expecting him to be in charge on Saturday.

A stop the rot draw at Rugby Park, a narrow defeat at Aberdeen which will somehow be viewed as progress and then we'll get pumped off St Johnstone and then he'll finally be on his way and we'll have the international break to try and sort this mess out.

• Like 1

I love rumours, better than this new fangled fake news.

I'm guessing that if we sack him, the replacement until the end of season will be announced at the same time. He will then keep us up, get an ainsworth and Laing style thank you contract, then we'll sack him next march.

• Like 1

Wasnt a huge fan of McGhee coming back but was willing to give him a chance and after last season genuinely felt he would turn it around this season. I reasoned that he was an experienced manager who had been reasonably successful and we were unlikely to get anyone better. Whilst I still think the last part is true I no longer think he has it in him to keep us up. He has to go if only to see if someone else can get anymore out of the squad. Unfortunately I fear bringing a new manager in and offering a new contract isnt going to be financially viable in long term due to the fact that if we fail and get relegated we will have to re-assess our business plan which wont include paying a manager premiership wages. With that in mind Id give the job to Craigan in the interim with Robinson as assistant (sorry but I just dont see Robinson getting a reaction out of this squad). Crags would have the support of the fans. He has the respect of the senior pros and he is tough enough to give the younger ones the boot up the arse some of them need. Once we know what league we are playing in next season we can look at it again.

Its only a matter of time now until McGhee is no longer the manager of Motherwell, he hasn't a hope in hell of recovering from this, he might go this week, he might go before the split or he might see his time out but one thing is certain, he wont be here next season.

Who replaces him? I'm fucked if I know, but some of the shouts so far have been wild in my opinion...

Billy Davies...a total cunt of a guy by all accounts, who no doubt sees us beneath him and would probably laugh at what we would offer, he didnt do particularly well with us when we were chucking money about left, right and centre, so I'd hate to see him attempt it with fuck all money

Terry Butcher...he was the right man at the right time, when we went into Admin, he helped galvanise the Club but ultimately we were only saved from relegation by non-footballing matters. His record since then is catastrophic

Alex McLeish...this is a right belter, firstly because the ginger cunt is a millionaire that would definitely see the job as beneath him, and secondly that the ginger cunt made the biggest arse of the Motherwell management job of anyone before, or since, spunking literally millions of pounds on shite and breaking up a team that was genuinely one of the best in the country.

Simo Valakari...would we want this guy as our gaffer if he hadn't played a season or 2 for us 20years ago? I highly doubt it, he has a decent record in the Finnish league, but not as good a one as Harri Kampmann had. The Finnish league? Come on tae fuck...

Stephen Craigan and Keith Lasley...someone explain to me how managing a glorified boys club, readies you for a crack at keeping a senior team in the premier league? Also, from what I've heard, Craigan earns circa £100k per annum from BT Sport for his 'intellectual match day thoughts', it might be shite and I hope it is because thats an obscene amount of money for BT to pay to subject his drivel on their viewers but if it is the case, who could see him walking away from that type of cash?

Steve Robinson...sacked by Oldham after a few months in the gig, as they hurtled towards relegation

Craig Brown...for by hes about 90, what makes the old fucker so special that he doesn't garner the same vitriol as McGhee does for fucking off to Aberdeen in almost identical circumstances?

Jackie McNamara...yes, I have seen this balloons name mentioned on one of the Well Fans Facebook Pages...Jackie McNamara, JACKIE MCNAMARA

If the Board do decide to listen to, what is now, the vast majority of the fans and empty McGhee, I hope to fuck they don't listen to their advise on potential management options

• Like 11

Its only a matter of time now until McGhee is no longer the manager of Motherwell, he hasn't a hope in hell of recovering from this, he might go this week, he might go before the split or he might see his time out but one thing is certain, he wont be here next season.

Who replaces him? I'm fucked if I know, but some of the shouts so far have been wild in my opinion...

Billy Davies...a total cunt of a guy by all accounts, who no doubt sees us beneath him and would probably laugh at what we would offer, he didnt do particularly well with us when we were chucking money about left, right and centre, so I'd hate to see him attempt it with fuck all money

Terry Butcher...he was the right man at the right time, when we went into Admin, he helped galvanise the Club but ultimately we were only saved from relegation by non-footballing matters. His record since then is catastrophic

Alex McLeish...this is a right belter, firstly because the ginger cunt is a millionaire that would definitely see the job as beneath him, and secondly that the ginger cunt made the biggest arse of the Motherwell management job of anyone before, or since, spunking literally millions of pounds on shite and breaking up a team that was genuinely one of the best in the country.

Simo Valakari...would we want this guy as our gaffer if he hadn't played a season or 2 for us 20years ago? I highly doubt it, he has a decent record in the Finnish league, but not as good a one as Harri Kampmann had. The Finnish league? Come on tae fuck...

Stephen Craigan and Keith Lasley...someone explain to me how managing a glorified boys club, readies you for a crack at keeping a senior team in the premier league? Also, from what I've heard, Craigan earns circa £100k per annum from BT Sport for his 'intellectual match day thoughts', it might be shite and I hope it is because thats an obscene amount of money for BT to pay to subject his drivel on their viewers but if it is the case, who could see him walking away from that type of cash?

Steve Robinson...sacked by Oldham after a few months in the gig, as they hurtled towards relegation

Craig Brown...for by hes about 90, what makes the old fucker so special that he doesn't garner the same vitriol as McGhee does for fucking off to Aberdeen in almost identical circumstances?

Jackie McNamara...yes, I have seen this balloons name mentioned on one of the Well Fans Facebook Pages...Jackie McNamara, JACKIE MCNAMARA

If the Board do decide to listen to, what is now, the vast majority of the fans and empty McGhee, I hope to fuck they don't listen to their advise on potential management options

Who would you have that you think we could afford?