S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Who would you have that you think we could afford?

Re-read the 3rd line of what I posted...

...I genuinely don't know, its not my decision either, but I'm certain we'll get applications from all over the World and we should make the decision based on who the best candidate is and not what I, or any other fan wants.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Coyle, in all honesty. He's trod a reasonably similar path to McGhee in recent years and could be looking for an opportunity to kickstart his career after a few years without much success in England. For some reason I could see the board seeing him as an attractive option, but who knows what kind of expectations he would have. I daresay we wouldn't be what he's after and could just as easily see him at somewhere like Aberdeen if/when McInnes eventually goes.

The next appointment is a huge one. McGhee has a vast amount of experience and a pretty good pedigree, and whilst he's ticked one box in terms of bringing young players through, his reliance on the old guard for far too long (as well as a pretty shocking transfer success rate) has left us in quite a sorry state. I'd hope/assume that this will be the last season we are relying on Lasley et al and it's therefore vitally important that we have someone who can perhaps work a bit of magic in the transfer market. On that line of thinking, someone like van der Gaag may be a shrewd appointment - whether the board have the confidence to punt McGhee in the first place is one major hurdle however. I can't help but think that the board are somehow in awe of the illustrious shovel-faced egomaniac.

Its only a matter of time now until McGhee is no longer the manager of Motherwell, he hasn't a hope in hell of recovering from this, he might go this week, he might go before the split or he might see his time out but one thing is certain, he wont be here next season.

and the rest of the post...

Outstanding assassination job! :triniti:

My biggest concern is that McGhee will only move on if the great man decides to do so himself.

I fear that we will now see what happens when we have enthusiastic amateurs in charge of the club, rather than time-served professionals. It's great that we have die hard Steelmen around the club management structure that undeniably devote 100's of hours a week... But it's not enthusiasm we need right now, it's ability.

Worrying times.

But back in fantasy land, and assuming someone has't already mentioned it, Bobby Williamson would lead us back to glory.

• Like 1

It's not how he talks or what he says, it's what he gets teams doing on the park that counts. You could easily do a Yogi catchphrase bingo, "thae boys", "honest", "ma philosophy", "gave it everyfing oan the park" which'd be more varied that counting "you know"s. Having sat through Saturdays dross, I'd bite yer hand off for some pressing, possession-based stuff of the latter ICT Yogi era, catchphrase bingo or not.

• Like 3