S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Was piss poor at Dundee Utd was he not?

Think he started well but was sacked after a poor start to his 2nd or 3rd season.

Just had a quick Google. Got them 3rd and 4th placed finishes and a Scottish cup win in his first 2 seasons. Although form soon fell apart after they started punting all their good players.

He's done a pretty decent job at Falkirk since then and has playoff experience should we need it.

Edited by Heisenboab

Would love to see John Collins in, providing the whole club buy into his philosophy. He would certainly have us fit for next season!

He certainly speaks his mind and would take no bullshit. However, he left Hib’s citing a disagreement with the board about the budget to bring in new players. We have less money to spend than Hib’s so that would probably rule him out.

He certainly speaks his mind and would take no bullshit. However, he left Hibs citing a disagreement with the board about the budget to bring in new players. We have less money to spend than Hibs so that would probably rule him out.

If the budget for players was set out from the start, that wouldn't be an issue tho. Could be a deal breaker right enough.

I listened to him on the big interview with Graham Hunter, I really liked what I heard... it just seems crazy he is without a club at the moment.

Billy Davies - might be a bit ambitious but IMO this is the ambition the club should be showing. Someone who can make an instant impact but also strive for the best in the long term. Davies would not accept some of the performances we have dished out recently.

Jim Duffy - proven to have done well with a small budget at Morton. Highly motivated and very experienced

If the budget for players was set out from the start, that wouldn't be an issue tho.

I suspect the budget goalposts were moved at Hibs. He was also very strict with the players at Hibs and I can imagine a few of our present squad taking the hump at that sort of management style. He would certainly boot a few arses.

Billy Davies - might be a bit ambitious but IMO this is the ambition the club should be showing. Someone who can make an instant impact but also strive for the best in the long term. Davies would not accept some of the performances we have dished out recently.

Jim Duffy - proven to have done well with a small budget at Morton. Highly motivated and very experienced

Are you possibly too young to remember Billy Davies previous spell with us? Spent a fortune, got nowhere and is seemingly a very difficult man to like...unless your name is Tommy Sheridan.

Jim Duffy, holds a certain amount of appeal in the short-term, but I'm not sure about his longevity.