S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

As much as I like to behind Robinson for the job, he knows the majority of the players, he is respected around the club and with Northern Ireland. I can understand why some people say to forget about Oldham as he had to bring in 23 players..... in a few weeks time though he is going to have start looking at replacing those we lose.... my head keeps thinking...........

Ian Cathro

His name kept coming up for various jobs but he didn't jump until Hearts came along..... did he underestimate the job or is he better to have on the coaching team, rather than in charge...

So at the minute I feel the same way about Robinson.. definitely want him involved with the coaching team but man in charge..... not so sure..... that doesn't however mean I will be pissed off if he does get it.

• Like 1

I can't say that any of the names quoted in the media so far excite me. Thats not to say that they are actually in the running for our vacancy of course. The club is rightly keeping things quiet.

Thing is though, someone who's agent is running to the press for comment isn't going to be the ideal appointment, that sort of thing tells you both the agent and the candidate think they are above the job and its merely a ploy to get them exposure and keep their name fresh in the minds of those who they really want to target.

What is key we stay up in the SPFL next season, we're guaranteed extra cash due to the Celtic CL kickback, an enhanced TV deal and I suspect because of the debacle in fixtures, 4 of the 6 pre-split games against the OF will be at home. All of that is worth an additional 700k I reckon over our existing turnover.

Relegation means the appetite for putting into the WS to have it matched by Les will diminish and as a few have pointed out, it's St Mirren, Dunfermline time. I for one will be gutted to see a top league with Ross County and Accies in it at our expense.

I think the appointment will either be Robinson (whom I would also wouldn't have any immediate aversions to) or someone who has hardly been mentioned if at all. One thing that has happened since Flow was appointed, the drip feed of information out of the Chapman has stopped, unless you are Onthefringes and you come on here to reveal a riddle, wrapped in a puzzle, surrounded by an enigma unlocked by a Fibonacci based codex.

I think the appointment will either be Robinson (whom I would also wouldn't have any immediate aversions to) or someone who has hardly been mentioned if at all. One thing that has happened since Flow was appointed, the drip feed of information out of the Chapman has stopped, unless you are Onthefringes and you come on here to reveal a riddle, wrapped in a puzzle, surrounded by an enigma unlocked by a Fibonacci based codex.

I agree with your post. We can assume that Robinson will be one of the five interviewees next week but it wouldn't surprise me if at least some of the others are outsiders/not been mentioned. As others have posted we have a crucial short term aim ie to keep us in the top league and a sustainable longer term aim of developing and selling on young players. Next week will be interesting.

Interesting comments from Mcdonald when he said most of the squad would like to see Robinson get the job!! Does he really mean most or just a selected few individuals above their station. Robinson certainly made the changes on Saturday that McGhee would never ever have made to get us the 3 points but no way is he the answer short or long term .

Hopefully have someone in place quickly to get us out this mess and hopefully the decision is made by the board as a whole not just by a player whispering in Burrows ear at Rugby Park!!!

• Like 1

Mchugh, frear, and McDonald were all quoted through the week as backing Robinson for the job. However, this happens at every club when there's a caretaker, and I'm sure there were similar overtures for black and Craigan in the last. Unfortunately it sometimes works and you get a malpas.

• Like 3

Rather than the 45 mins which too many seem to cite, wouldn't it be on the 12 months he was with the club where those with the power to appoint would have seen him on a daily basis, how he interacted, seeing that me maybe had something about him, his demeanour and what his colleagues thought of him. Certainly a significantly more well rounded probationary period say over a few randoms producing their CV's and having an hour chat?

But lets keep on with that 45 minute pish, it makes good forum fodder.

• Like 5

Interesting comments from Mcdonald when he said most of the squad would like to see Robinson get the job!! Does he really mean most or just a selected few individuals above their station.

He may or may not mean it, but he'd have to be an idiot to say he doesn't want his current (and potentially future) boss to get the job.

What would be the point in getting people to apply then just giving it to Robinson based on a 45 minute display against Kilmarnock

Fair comment. There is a reasonable argument for appointing Robinson until the end of the season but as you say what would be the point in advertising the vacancy?

Id bite your hand off for Alex Neil. The first name mentioned thats really got me excited. He may well be out of our reach but we should certainly be asking the question!

Fits the profile perfectly. Young forward looking manager with a knowledge of the Scottish game and a track record in developing young talent. Get on the phone Flow!