S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

This. Seems a bit of a clusterfuck. Mind you, that's just going by rumours on a message board so probably needs to be taken with a truckload of salt

Nobody knows what the club has been doing - which is how this business should be handled.

The level of mince spouted on here every time we are looking for a manager has zero relevance. The only thing you can say is that there are so many names and rumours and stories bandied about, one of them may hit the mark like a blind squirrel with a nut.

• Like 2

Winning at Killie bought us some time. Time to look into the options and more time to assess Robinson.

Unless we had someone signed and sealed before McGhee was punted we'd be mad not to use it.

Even here, in the land of at-will employment and few protections, we always assume at least 4 weeks to fill a position - longer if it's more senior.

I'd say this decision is pretty important.

I don't recall since Craig Browns appointment motherwell being particularly speedy with an appointment which isn't necessatily a bad thing. Robinson and co have already proved there equipped to manage things whilst the club take there time in making there next move.

I'm going to speculate Robinson until the end of the season with a view to Valakari coming in for a fresh start in the summer. I liked Simo as a player. I'm sure he never scored for us but scored on his debut for Derby (can't remember if Derby were in the premiership or not).

Really hope we get someone in before the St Johnstone game on Saturday. If we make an appointment prior to then I think it would give everyone a positive lift and end all the uncertainty. Not really on the Simo Valakari bandwagon, looks like he done pretty well in Finland but I'm sceptical about bringing someone who hasn't managed in Scotland into this situation. I like Robinson but again I don't think this is the time to appoint a manager with so little experience.

To be frank, the talk of these being the two frontrunners is giving me the fear. We are very much in a relegation battle we need someone with experience of dealing with this and someone who will instil some fight into these players. As much as I didn't like McGhee getting rid of him and putting in someone with no experience into this situation seems like a bizarre decision.

• Like 1

I don't recall since Craig Browns appointment motherwell being particularly speedy with an appointment which isn't necessatily a bad thing. Robinson and co have already proved there equipped to manage things whilst the club take there time in making there next move.

I'm going to speculate Robinson until the end of the season with a view to Valakari coming in for a fresh start in the summer. I liked Simo as a player. I'm sure he never scored for us but scored on his debut for Derby (can't remember if Derby were in the premiership or not).

Against Man Utd in the premiership a kind of scuffed shot into the corner if I remember correctly

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Since we're being made to wait, can we just pre-emptively complain about a presumed candidate each day?

Is John Hughes much better than Stephen Presley? I group them in the same category. Both strike me as guys who talk a load of shite and give themselves the impression that their teams play good football, despite their teams being generally shite. By all accounts ICT's relative success under yogi was due to Russell Latapy.

Why is he in the list of names if he already has a club? Would we pay money for Hughes?

He's only contracted with Raith until end of season. I'd take Yogi over Elvis any day of the week, passion, enthusiasm, had ICT playing some great stuff while he was there, overachieved with a top 3 finish *and* won a cup. Don't underestimate the club needs someone to galvanise the fans and the team - Yogi's a big enough personality to do this. Elvis, Robbo, Simo not so much...possibly sentiment from older fans for SImo.

I'd have thought we'd need Raith's permission to speak to Hughes and either way it would have been reported if we had made an approach tbh.

It probably wouldn't be that wild a shout for him to have some sort of release clause in there if a permanent offer came along given the short term nature of his deal with Raith.

He's only contracted with Raith until end of season. I'd take Yogi over Elvis any day of the week, passion, enthusiasm, had ICT playing some great stuff while he was there, overachieved with a top 3 finish *and* won a cup. Don't underestimate the club needs someone to galvanise the fans and the team - Yogi's a big enough personality to do this. Elvis, Robbo, Simo not so much...possibly sentiment from older fans for SImo.

No sentiment from this older fan would take Hughes over Valakari any day of the week.

• Like 1