S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Assistant to the worst Motherwell manager ever. Failed at Oldham.

Shite.

For once I will agree with steelboy. I think it is a really poor and uninspiring choice. Pretty much tells you no one else of any calibre wanted the job.

However Robinson is the manager now and you have to support him. I like to think I am pretty open minded and don't mind saying I was wrong if that's how it turns out so it''s down to him because you can't really argue with results.

• Like 2

For a manager who had Oldham at the bottom of the league to have been the outstanding candidate, the competition must have been dire. Having said that, Robinson is a likeable guy and highly rated coach. To have a chance of success, it's important to have the right staff around him. He'll likely need a more experienced assistant than Faddy and given that he signed Josh Law for Oldham and recommended Dean Brill to McGhee, our head of recruitment is going to have his work cut out.

I suspect I'd have been more supportive of the appointment if Robinson got the job in the days following McGhee's departure. However, the incompetence of the club is not his fault and I have no doubt he will be 100% dedicated to doing his best for Motherwell, unlike his predecessor. Good luck to him. Vital few months ahead for Motherwell, the Board and Burrows - they can't afford another mistake.

• Like 1

Wish him well although, I am concerned that we will see defensive boring football. But if it gets results I'm all for it.

Given some of our recent results defensive and boring is what we need. All the best to Robinson if he gets us to a 10th or better finish then it will be a successful season.

No surprise with that post then. I suppose you will have the Robinson out thread up and running soon.

He obviously deserves a chance but if the end of the season comes and we are relegated hard questions will be asked of how we managed that considering the the chaos at Killie, Accies operating on a shoestring and Richie Foran.

I'd be interested to hear what reasons anyone has for believing that Robinson is going to reverse the decline of the first team we have all been watching since summer 2013?

Pretty uninspired and lacking in ambition and don't see the crowds rushing back with his brand of football. I can't see me getting on the early train from Aberdeen any time soon. However, survival is what we need and hopefully we do become hard to beat and avoid relegation and the play-offs. I am coloured by the outcome of the last time we tried this with Malpish. I can't come up with too many coaches who have stepped up to be successful managers. However, wish him well.

Good luck to Robbo, by fuck he'll need it with some of those players and our club structure.

Looking forward to all those stay away fans coming back on Saturday.

The club statement confirms that we are ran by committee; a board governed by an exec board and the well society. It appears we've turned the clock back 40 years, which is quite an achievement.

For all that CMWellfan can be a bit of a dick, he's right about the structure and those in charge. Amateurish would be an improvement.

• Like 1

It just smacks of the cheap option. That may or may not be the case but that's how it looks. If Valakari with a track record of winning trophies as a manager was a poorer candidate than Robinson then Robinson must have given one hell of an interview. Or is Robinson the only candidate willing to work for what we were offering both in terms of salary and resources?

Obviously, we all hope he does well but one word has been used several times already about the appointment and it sums it up for me. Uninspiring...

It just smacks of the cheap option. That may or may not be the case but that's how it looks. If Valakari with a track record of winning trophies as a manager was a poorer candidate than Robinson then Robinson must have given one hell of an interview. Or is Robinson the only candidate willing to work for what we were offering both in terms of salary and resources?

Obviously, we all hope he does well but one word has been used several times already about the appointment and it sums it up for me. Uninspiring...

Same as with John Hughes who won trophy with Caley and had them in top six. I assume there was payment to Raith required to get him. If so very shortsighted. Also, maybe Simo wanted his own assistants. We will never know.

This is the outcome I've expected from the start and one that I'm reasonably happy with. Wasn't at Killie or Aberdeen but it sounds like Robinson's tactics contributed to a good result at Killie and an much better performance than we've came to expect at Pittodrie. All in all, I reckon he's got enough about him to grind out survival, though question marks remain about his ability to carry out a summer rebuild.

Same as with John Hughes who won trophy with Caley and had them in top six. I assume there was payment to Raith required to get him. If so very shortsighted. Also, maybe Simo wanted his own assistants. We will never know.

Hughes walked out on Inverness when they were in a relatively comfortable place because of the clubs budget plans. Could never see him agreeing to become our manager. You might say "but he's at Raith Rovers now!" but I'll bet he agreed a budget for next season that will make them competitive in their league. That wasn't going to happen at our place.

Usual positivity on here give the guy a chance for gods sake we are a team with no benefactor as owned by fans get 3000 fans at home games yet we expect to get top notch managers I right .Maybe if some of these fans actually went to games instead of just dishing out abuse from a keyboard we might have been able to get a more qualified manager but in our current situation I am happy to go with Robbo.

• Like 2

Totally uninspiring appointment guys been assistant to two failed managers and sacked by Oldham after three months so we give him a contract till may 2018,the whole thing is a total farce. just when the fans need a lift with a new appointment we get this

• Like 1