S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

What we are failing from here is the chronic underperformance of our midfield. It's been an issue for about 5 years now and has never been addressed. They win the ball, feed and support the strikers and protect the defence. That hasn't happened in a satisfactory way since we had players of the calibre of Jennings, Coke, Law etc.

Very true. Successive managers have failed to address this problem despite having had more than enough money to do so. Any formation involving a 3 man defence on paper ie 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 inevitably ends up as 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 or something similar. I don't why Robinson has settled on this 3-4-3 formation as it doesn't work (it did at Ibrox for some reason). It places intolerable strain on the 2 wide men/wing backs. Prior to coming back Robinson earned a reputation as being a good tactician but we've seen precious little evidence of it lately.

One thing I can say about Robinson is he can change a game. He changed the game at Killie, he changed the game last week (granted we didn't score) and he changed it today. Both Baraclough and McGhee failed to do that, I believe because IB couldn't read a game and MM couldn't accept he was wrong. Midfield is still a huge concern.

The 3-4-3 works if Cadden and Frear can get forward, it doesn't work if they get pinned back as if they do we can't get out and the midfield gets overrun. Hopefully the two week break gives Tait a chance and we can move to a more familiar formation in a couple of weeks.

Was watching Randolph today. If Samson had lost the 2 goals Randolph lost this place would have been in meltdown.

He has put in some great performances for West Ham, but I have seem him lose a number of goals this season due to an inability to bully his way to dealing with cross balls.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheap option, given the gig after moves for preferred candidates never came to fruition.

No coincidence that after binning him Oldham went on a run to secure their league one safety.

Failure to push the boat out to get someone with experience at the helm when we are in such a precarious position is quickly coming back to haunt us.

Maybe he'll be a good Championship level manager.

• Like 1

Cheap option, given the gig after moves for preferred candidates never came to fruition.

No coincidence that after binning him Oldham went on a run to secure their league one safety.

Failure to push the boat out to get someone with experience at the helm when we are in such a precarious position is quickly coming back to haunt us.

Maybe he'll be a good Championship level manager.

If he was the best of all the interviewees, it must have been a shit shortlist.

There will be no acceptance of accountability. It's fair too easy to blame the society

The club has been on a downward spiral since Boyle and Dempster left whatever you thought of them they ran the club well, and what Dempster has done at Hibs is testament to that. I just get the feeling that the people in charge at Fir park just now are out of their depth and have no idea how to run the club, the whole WS / fan ownership concept for a club of our size is just not going to work. Irrespective of what league we are in next season there needs to be a radical change in how the club is structured and run as at the moment we seem to have a distinct lack of leadership on and off the park.

• Like 1

So if we distinguish between on field performance and the running of the club as they are two distinct entities, explain how the latter needs heads to roll?

Appointing idiots as manager. Bragging about a business model that's not much different from picking a number on a roulette table. McGhee taking the piss and working part time.

Robinson has won one game since his kid on official appointment . There's no hiding that's relegation form. He has inherited a poor squad but hasn't helped himself with poor tactics, starting line ups and a team that based on today's performance isn't busting a gut for him . McManus in the dug out today beside him stinks further of jobs for the boys or maybe he was just returning the favour to his big mate for getting him back to Fir Park.

The thought of him in charge next season in either league gives me the fear. The completely wrong appointment for so many reasons - thanks Mr Burrows and the board

McManus was in the dugout because faddy was in the squad. Pretty sure he's been involved in coaching in some capacity for a while. We're already paying him so might as well give him something to do while he's injured.

Robinson has won one game since his kid on official appointment . There's no hiding that's relegation form. He has inherited a poor squad but hasn't helped himself with poor tactics, starting line ups and a team that based on today's performance isn't busting a gut for him . McManus in the dug out today beside him stinks further of jobs for the boys or maybe he was just returning the favour to his big mate for getting him back to Fir Park.

The thought of him in charge next season in either league gives me the fear. The completely wrong appointment for so many reasons - thanks Mr Burrows and the board

Regardless of whether we stay up or not I don't see him being in charge.

McManus was in the dugout because faddy was in the squad. Pretty sure he's been involved in coaching in some capacity for a while. We're already paying him so might as well give him something to do while he's injured.

More coaches than Parks!

• Like 1

Have to agree with these posts. John Hughes for our next manager I'd punt Robinson after the Caley game. He'll bring us fight and determination. 2 main qualities we'll need to get us back up. We need boardroom changes too.