S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Regardless of whether we stay up or not I don't see him being in charge.

I'd be astonished if we got rid.

We're not the type of club who shifts managers quickly, especially one who hasn't had the opportunity to sign a single player.

Do we have an option to get rid of him at the end of the season? Or does he have a longer term deal? I thought he was only going to be given until the end of the season and then the club would re-assess things.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say there's a get out for both parties at the end of the season, il make a prediction that regardless of whether we stay up or not both parties "agree to amicably separate" Robinson to persue other opportunities and Faddy heads to the states. We then bring in coyle if we stay up or A.N other if we go down. Hughes/valakari would be my tip. Just what I think might happen mind you

Yogi would be excellent as Head Coach with a Director of Football above him. Yogi has a successful track record in Scottish football, but every club he has been at has had the same issue! He is a great coach,organizer and motivator, but is absolutely awful at player recruitment. Take that out of his hands and I fully believe he would do a fabulous job for us

However, We cant afford a Director of Football apparently. But we can afford an outside media company making cringeworthy pish videos and a fucking "Fan Engagement Officer" whatever the fuck that is.

You want "Fan Engagement"? Get your fucking office staff organized for a start, advertize and publicize the club and club functions/offers, And have some kind of forum/sounding board theough the Well Society.

• Like 2

Hughes' motivation seems to have let him down recently. He took over at Raith to try to steer them to safety with a massive gap over St. Mirren. A few months later the gap has gone and they're in the play-offs, including a 5-0 defeat at St. Mirren.

No thanks.

However, We cant afford a Director of Football apparently. But we can afford an outside media company making cringeworthy pish videos and a fucking "Fan Engagement Officer" whatever the fuck that is.

You want "Fan Engagement"? Get your fucking office staff organized for a start, advertize and publicize the club and club functions/offers...

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one baffled by how we can afford these non-football appointments. And even more baffled by their budgets. We seem to have a love-in with 3rd parties just now.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one baffled by how we can afford these non-football appointments. And even more baffled by their budgets. We seem to have a love-in with 3rd parties just now.

Compare the average home attendances for seasons we were finishing 2nd and 3rd to any other season.

Winning games doesn't grow the fanbase significantly, and it tends to drop right off with an average or bad season so can only assume this is the next strategy to try and get a more permanent connection to the club. Whether it's a worthwhile investment or not remains to be seen, but can't say the club aren't thinking out of the box.

OK, so points addressed in order:

1. Questionable business model.
2. Poor recruitment.
3. Irresponsible spending.

What inner workings of the business model are you referring to or are you using conjecture and cobbled together arguments on here to suggest that its all down to him? But feel free to share what the model as you see it is.

Again, going back to an earlier post. He is not part of the scouting network, he actions the request of the manager. If, however, we signed players on crappy contracts with no protection for the club then there would be merit in this argument. However at present he was responsible for signing Marvin and selling him on. It's already been quoted as possibly the most lucrative sale in the past 20 years for the club.

Finally, I guess this refers to January 2016 when the cash appeared to be flying. If you are under any illusion this was anything other than Les playing football manager 2016 with real cash and players and anything could have been said to mitigate it then it is beyond belief.

Keeping McGhee after the Aberdeen game and then appointing Robinson. These decisions will be disastrous for our season.

McGhee probably deserved a borderline stay of execution based on what he achieved in the past. With hindsight he tapped out after the Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox. As for the appointment, he was one of 6 who rubber stamped it. Maybe a bit quick to criticise when you're not fully aware of who the others who were available, what terms and conditions they demanded and ultimately who was interested in managing the team. For all we know (apart from some walking Fortune Cookies) it could have been a shortlist of one.

Appointing idiots as manager. Bragging about a business model that's not much different from picking a number on a roulette table. McGhee taking the piss and working part time.

I'll direct you to the above about being one of six. As for bragging, yes he came out and waxed about the scouting software and how they hoped it was give the club an edge. We don't know who it identified and which players were hyped by former staff/associates. Ultimately the decision to hire them was taken by the team manager. On the final point I'll take that, when Robinson moved ot Oldham he ditched the NI job, but to be fair he was leaving an assistant job to step up. McGhee had a precedent set by McCall but even if there wasn't I doubt he would have relinquished.

How full of praise we all were when McGhee managed a mini bump after his inspired arrival, when we stood up to Oxford's bullying, when we told Rangers to go fuck themselves and gave them the 5% of the seats we were obliged to give them.

I'm listing these, Flow would himself but is delayed at his trial in Nuremberg, also has to clear up the Brexit mess he caused, El Nino and not clamping down on Asad enough in Syria.

For me the only major fuckup he has made is signing up that rambling trumpet Murrant.

Oh yeah .... and assuming his peers who care a fraction of what he does would not be fucking cunts.

• Like 4

Hughes' motivation seems to have let him down recently. He took over at Raith to try to steer them to safety with a massive gap over St. Mirren. A few months later the gap has gone and they're in the play-offs, including a 5-0 defeat at St. Mirren.

No thanks.

St. Mirren have probably been the best team in the division since the winter break. It's not like they have been struggling, they've been absolutely flying.

Raith Rovers were on a 15 match without a win streak before Hughes turned up. Since then 4 wins in 8 matches. Gotta put that down as an improvement. Just wasn't enough.

I wasn't just talking about McGhee going with Scotland I was talking about McGhee not bothering his arse to come back from Brighton until Wednesday some weeks.

The most senior employee at the club needs to either be making the manager work full time or demand that the board makes him work full time. You are obviously close to Burrows so any chance you ask him how many training sessions we have had this season without a qualified coach present?

I wasn't just talking about McGhee going with Scotland I was talking about McGhee not bothering his arse to come back from Brighton until Wednesday some weeks.

The most senior employee at the club needs to either be making the manager work full time or demand that the board makes him work full time. You are obviously close to Burrows so any chance you ask him how many training sessions we have had this season without a qualified coach present?

Apparently the training was a shambles when McFadden was taking it while McGhee was away hence the club going looking for Robinson. Appointing McFadden as an assistant when he had no experience in taking training, especially knowing fine well McGhee wasn't there most times, was every bit as galling as the managerial appointment.

St. Mirren have probably been the best team in the division since the winter break. It's not like they have been struggling, they've been absolutely flying.

Raith Rovers were on a 15 match without a win streak before Hughes turned up. Since then 4 wins in 8 matches. Gotta put that down as an improvement. Just wasn't enough.

Wasn't enough that they managed to allow two clubs leap frog them one of which Semi Pro. They were that bad, 8 games ago they were 6th.

What people are saying then is we need St Mirren manager, not the myth at Raith.

The club has been on a downward spiral since Boyle and Dempster left whatever you thought of them they ran the club well, and what Dempster has done at Hibs is testament to that.

Since Leanne Dempster went to Hibs, they've been relegated with the most spectacular collapse you'll ever see and spent 3 years in the championship.

:lol:

At least some of the shite we've had over the last 4 years is her legacy.

What does a travel agent know about running a successful football club anyway?

What does a travel agent know about running a successful football club anyway?

Question. What profession back ground would lead to someone knowing how to run a successful football club. A person with a civil engineer background is President of the most successful club in European Competition.

Question. What profession back ground would lead to someone knowing how to run a successful football club. A person with a civil engineer background is President of the most successful club in European Competition.

That was just a dig at those who like to dissect Alan Burrows CV as a stick to beat him with.

Who's this Murrant dude that people keep mentioning? And how do people know he's rubbish at whatever it is he does? I've only ever heard him mentioned on here and P&B.

He's the senior vice President of the Fan Engagement department.

He is mainly focused on the big Claret and Amber retirement and headhunting their replacement. In his spare time he does surveys which conclude the fans want a new scoreboard.

• Like 1

He's the senior vice President of the Fan Engagement department.

He is mainly focused on the big Claret and Amber retirement and headhunting their replacement. In his spare time he does surveys which conclude the fans want a new scoreboard.

I guess;

"Who is he?"

"He's the fan engagement guy"

Is a conversation that has a certain irony all of it's own.

• Like 5