S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

I think its pretty unfair that Robinson has been crticised on here when all he has been doing has been fighting to stay in the top league with a shadow squad through all the injuries and should be applauded for keeping it together. The formations have been criticized but I can't see what else he could do with what he has and he has been trying to keep us from getting gubbed every week. It has led to loses but only by the odd goal lately, not ideal in our position but it gives me hope that if we avoid the play offs he may actually get to mould the team he wants for next season, Hopefully that team will be a lot more positive

• Like 5

Hope we don't get all sentimental about things if we stay up, the big picture for me is Robinson and most of the team must be punted.

Robinson has done a bloody good job considering what he was left with , he's has to do it minus McManus,Tait , Pearson (to a large extent), Cadden and McHugh have had to be moved from the midfield, Moult hasnt been 100% fit ......if he keeps us up he deserves to stay

• Like 2

Hope we don't get all sentimental about things if we stay up, the big picture for me is Robinson and most of the team must be punted.

Then what ?

I was not a great supporter of Robinson's appointment. However, if we stay up I would give him the chance to build a team to play to his ideas of how the team should play. We have had terrible luck with injuries to our defence and he has had to patch things together. However, if we continue to leak silly goals next year he will have no excuses.

I was not a great supporter of Robinson's appointment. However, if we stay up I would give him the chance to build a team to play to his ideas of how the team should play. We have had terrible luck with injuries to our defence and he has had to patch things together. However, if we continue to leak silly goals next year he will have no excuses.

So build a team of 6ft+ monsters to "enjoy" his hoofball Philosophy? Hmmm

Still far from convinced,but, lets get this season done and make sure were still in the premier

So build a team of 6ft+ monsters to "enjoy" his hoofball Philosophy? Hmmm

Still far from convinced,but, lets get this season done and make sure were still in the premier

He's probably had to play a certain way to keep us up(hopefully)..........give him a chance with fewer injuries/pressure and will be better placed to judge ......like you say , still got work to do yo ensure safety

A Chance? How many chances? based on what history?

the mans a coach, probably above average one at that, based on his history.

yes he's been handed a crock of shit , yes he's a thoroughly decent fella, but his management record to date is full of people making excuses , in the main its unstructured narrow minded week in week out with no improvement, at Oldham, defence only, at Motherwell literally throwing forwards onto a pitch and chasing lumped high balls, with players out of position all over the pitch

Under McGhee, even in his last game , we played in the main, structured football, much more disciplined in every area, with the same shite players, McGhee unfortunately seemed to be making a stubborn twisted stand almost challenging the club management to a stand off and left the likes of Chalmers and Jules on and hung out to dry. McGhee wasnt the answer but sure as anything Robinson hasnt earned the chance

• Like 1

If we manage to stay up, especially if it doesn't involve the play offs, then I'm certain Robinson will be in charge next season.

I'm not saying that means he's the right man for the job.

The only chance he won't be here is if we go down.

A Chance? How many chances? based on what history?

the mans a coach, probably above average one at that, based on his history.

yes he's been handed a crock of shit , yes he's a thoroughly decent fella, but his management record to date is full of people making excuses , in the main its unstructured narrow minded week in week out with no improvement, at Oldham, defence only, at Motherwell literally throwing forwards onto a pitch and chasing lumped high balls, with players out of position all over the pitch

Under McGhee, even in his last game , we played in the main, structured football, much more disciplined in every area, with the same shite players, McGhee unfortunately seemed to be making a stubborn twisted stand almost challenging the club management to a stand off and left the likes of Chalmers and Jules on and hung out to dry. McGhee wasnt the answer but sure as anything Robinson hasnt earned the chance

If 7-2 and 5-1 defeats are "structured " , then give me unstructured hoofball all day long.....and I quite liked McGhee up until the end

• Like 2

Go watch the 1-5 game again, you'll find more motherwell highlights than in every game since combined , we needed one player hooked after 15 minutes in that game and McGhee left him for over an hour for some inexplicable reason.

McGhee wasn't sacked because he was incapable at managing.

Compared to what's been served up since, McGhee served up decent football

And I thought he was an utter cock of a man.

Robinson however isn't capable as a manager , however successful he is at keeping us up or however decent he is as an individual

• Like 1

Go watch the 1-5 game again, you'll find more motherwell highlights than in every game since combined , we needed one player hooked after 15 minutes in that game and McGhee left him for over an hour for some inexplicable reason.

McGhee wasn't sacked because he was incapable at managing.

Compared to what's been served up since, McGhee served up decent football

And I thought he was an utter cock of a man.

Robinson however isn't capable as a manager , however successful he is at keeping us up or however decent he is as an individual

It's an odd situation and I'm finding it hard to assess exactly how Robinson is doing.

Looking at it on paper it's not brilliant but not horrendous. - His record is now P10 W3 D2 L5. We haven't been beaten by more than a single goal since he took charge and plenty of those points have been lost due to mad errors. That says to me we are on the edge of clicking and getting some decent results. Add the injury list to the mix and I'd say he's done very well with what he's got.

Despite all that, I agree with your point about 'decent football' - on the park we can be absolutely brutal going forward. Considering we are starting with 4 or 5 attack minded players, we can look utterly clueless in the opposition half. Under McGhee we had passages of fluid and creative play however we seem to have lost that completely and are resorting to this utterly frustrating punt up the park.

I do think the board rate him and can see him being here regardless of what league we are in. I'm actually okay with that.

• Like 1

If Robinson keeps us up which i believe he will then he's earned the right to have a chance of rebuilding the shite left with us by Mark McGhee, Robinson himself has stated this is a big rebuilding job and I can see a major clearout that will also involve McFadden going as well and bringing in his own guys.

In fact i'd go as far as saying I'd trust Robinson to bring in players capable of making us better than McGhee. he did after all play a part in McHugh coming and he's been one of the few success stories this season.

• Like 2

We've hardly scored a goal from open play since Robinson came in. That style of play will guarantee we are in crisis and looking for a new manager before the end of the year.

Letting him continue is a huge risk.

I don't disagree that we've not exactly been a fluid side under Robinson however by my count we've scored 11 goals in the 10 games he's been in charge. 6 of them have been from open play so 54.5% of the goals scored have been from open play.

The 6 by my count are:

McDonald's against St Johnstone

The 4 against ICT

Cadden's against Dundee

So eight games out of eleven where we haven't scored from open play or even looked likely to any point.

Our play in the final third is probably the worst I've ever seen.

Maybe an idea to wait till you see a single player signed by Robinson playing for Motherwell before judging?

McGhee and Burrows set us up for this last summer with their laughable signing policies.

The Eight Horsemen of the Zimmer Frames have done next to fuck all for the team this year.

Maybe an idea to wait till you see a single player signed by Robinson playing for Motherwell before judging?

McGhee and Burrows set us up for this last summer with their laughable signing policies.

The Eight Horsemen of the Zimmer Frames have done next to fuck all for the team this year.

The guy has chosen to start Blyth and Jules so I've not got much faith in his ability to judge a player.