S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

I'd become increasingly more despondent with the 'Well over the last couple of years. When McGhee returned my enthusiasm and attendances tailed right off. This team and manager are a complete breath of fresh air, the club feels completely reinvigorated.

The team have a hunger, grit and determination that we've not seen for a long time. Personified nowhere better than in Louis Moult, a talented player with a faultless attitude who will give absolutely everything he has for his teammates and the fans.

We wouldn't have won that semi final with McGhee or McCall in charge, they'd have set up to counter some non-existent perceived threat from The Rainjurz. Robinson sees them for what they are, a shower of spineless crocks there for a pay day. He set his team up to play the same way they would anyone else and walked it.

I was worried in the off season to see McDonald, Ainsworth, Thomas, Heneghan etc leaving but by christ are we better off without the attitudes of the first three mentioned there.

I've gone from someone who was absolutely scunnered with watching football and would rather play golf on a Saturday afternoon, to a fee paying Society member in the space of a couple of months. I've always felt previous managers have burdened our club with feelings of inadequacy, we've managed to shake that old fashioned viewpoint now, long may it continue.

'Mon the 'Well!

• Like 6

Tom English is a bell end, looking at the result rather than the background. Riling up the BBC panel too.

I have to say I was disappointed he was so adamant about Ryan B's "flying elbow". I only saw the second incident on-line and am a long way from convinced it was deliberate.

I'm sure the media will lap up Brendan's schtick from now until the cup final, of course.

Think The Messiah is a little worried...

That has to be one of the best press conferences by a Motherwell manager ever.

Totally owned it from beginning to end.

He has me feeling 7 feet tall. No wonder the players love him.

Starting to feel a little embarassed about being underwhelmed by his appointment.

This guy is the real deal.

Awesome... If anyone hasn't watched it, you really should :nyam:

I thought I would listen in to the wee daily record video they do on the website today.

Just to laugh at the Pedro situation and see if the guys would give any credit to our lot.

Keith Jackson is someone I've been aware of but never really had any time to listen or read any of his columns. (Mainly as it's loaded with old firm 99% of the time.

If he represents our media in the country then every excellent press conference like the one we seen today is futle.

Here's a summary of what he said during the 20 or so mins.

I've tried to quote word for word but couldnt get it 100% but it aint far away from being spot on:

Steve Clarke was at Hampden and he watched Motherwell. I think he's got better players than Motherwell.

I would say Kilmarnock have better players than Motherwell. Yep, I would say he's got better quality than Mothewell.

Ryan Bowman is distraught about being labeled a dirty player, well I'm sorry but there is now a body of evidence to support suggestions that Ryan Bowman has a very, very nasty streak.... Brendan Rodgers is even talking about it. He made Cardosos face look as though he'd been shot.

Motherwell only play one way so it was obvious what they were going to face. It was a fairly ugly encounter.

Motherwell bludged their way through this match until Louis Moult produces a finish like that.

You've got 10 guys that are just clattering about, doing their stuff. There's no great style to what Motherwell do. There is *no* style to what Motherwell do. Louis Moult is an outstanding striker.

Hats off to Mr Robinson. He is currently playing a blinder. Showing a degree of wit, intelligence and dignity that others might want to take as an example. Of course, the true test will come when our good run comes to an end, but he is really making it it easy to be proud of our little club right now. The line about theRangers manager not having to concern himself about the final was a particular favourite.

As for Them and their continual whinging, they are proving to have failed on every level, even the simple act of being a good loser, and, as the late great Richie Benaud said, it is easy to be a good loser, all you have to do is lose.

I also pay no heed to anything that comes out of Keith Jackson. Indeed, Ive often wondered how he has managed to get to where he has and sustain a living. Hes a lucky boy hes from central Scotland because hed be reporting for a local rag if he were from south of the border.

How his opinions are entertained is a sad indictment of the quality of his audience and Scottish medias aparant willingness to indulge the ill educated and narrowly sighted amongst us.

That was a fabulous press conference from Robinson. The way he defended Bowman by using factual logic will serve to galvanise his team only further but will do nothing to win any war with those of the Keith Jackson mindset.

Unfortunately, the smear campaign has begun and the Scottish sports journalistic community are nothing more than a bunch of bullying wee boys tattle tailing who have been allowed to have considerably more power than they have earned.

I thought I would listen in to the wee daily record video they do on the website today.

Just to laugh at the Pedro situation and see if the guys would give any credit to our lot.

Keith Jackson is someone I've been aware of but never really had any time to listen or read any of his columns. (Mainly as it's loaded with old firm 99% of the time.

If he represents our media in the country then every excellent press conference like the one we seen today is futle.

Here's a summary of what he said during the 20 or so mins.

I've tried to quote word for word but couldnt get it 100% but it aint far away from being spot on:

Steve Clarke was at Hampden and he watched Motherwell. I think he's got better players than Motherwell.

I would say Kilmarnock have better players than Motherwell. Yep, I would say he's got better quality than Mothewell.

Ryan Bowman is distraught about being labeled a dirty player, well I'm sorry but there is now a body of evidence to support suggestions that Ryan Bowman has a very, very nasty streak.... Brendan Rodgers is even talking about it. He made Cardosos face look as though he'd been shot.

Motherwell only play one way so it was obvious what they were going to face. It was a fairly ugly encounter.

Motherwell bludged their way through this match until Louis Moult produces a finish like that.

You've got 10 guys that are just clattering about, doing their stuff. There's no great style to what Motherwell do. There is *no* style to what Motherwell do. Louis Moult is an outstanding striker.

So all of a sudden after 1 game Bowman is now a dirty player with a nasty streak ? We are just cluggers ? What a load of bollocks. I don't recall any crying and whinging after we beat Aberdeen 3- 0 in the last round. They just came back few days later up'd their game a bit and beat us. You folks will know better than me, since I'm over here, but I think we played Aberdeen much like we played Rangers and Aberdeen didn't kick up such a fuss...or rather the media didn't kick up such a fuss. I think Wee Yin mentioned it in one of his posts but that is how you should play in a cup tie. It's win or go home so the passion, physical level and effort should all be turned up to the max. Anyway..................... COYW

So all of a sudden after 1 game Bowman is now a dirty player with a nasty streak ? We are just cluggers ? What a load of bollocks. I don't recall any crying and whinging after we beat Aberdeen 3- 0 in the last round. They just came back few days later up'd their game a bit and beat us. You folks will know better than me, since I'm over here, but I think we played Aberdeen much like we played Rangers and Aberdeen didn't kick up such a fuss...or rather the media didn't kick up such a fuss. I think Wee Yin mentioned it in one of his posts but that is how you should play in a cup tie. It's win or go home so the passion, physical level and effort should all be turned up to the max. Anyway..................... COYW

As Robbo said some people didn't want us in the final. Hence all the shit talk that only occurred after Rangers got beat and NOT Aberdeen

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the smear campaign has begun and the Scottish sports journalistic community are nothing more than a bunch of bullying wee boys tattle tailing who have been allowed to have considerably more power than they have earned.

There's something quite disturbing and sinister about the rhetoric on the Radio (both channels) tonight, even from folk like Tom English who I think usually cuts through the crap.

Bowman's been getting labelled violent, nasty, "a dangerous player" and with "impartial" Rodgers weighing in we're getting more and more folk stoked up about something which is a yellow card incident across the country every other week. The personal abuse Bowman is getting on Twitter is something else.

Here's Cardoso on Moult and Bowman on Cardoso. The exact same challenge but Cardoso was unfortunate enough to get it square on the nose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkr3WVUKN-I

https://twitter.com/ssteviewalls/status/922485853452193793

I also pay no heed to anything that comes out of Keith Jackson.

For those remaining few of you who do read the likes of Keith Jackson in the Daily Record either in hard copy or online I think its time to reconsider that and stop. The media frenzy, involving newspapers and Radio stations is really quite disturbing and worrying. It seems that objective, factual and unbiased football reporting is beyond most of these outlets. I get it that they are commercial organisations, with the exception of the BBC which is little if any better, but they really have crossed a line in the sand this time.

A first class interview by Robbo.

• Like 2

To be fair in the Aberdeen game we played a hell of a lot better, closed them down and werent as physical as Sunday. But that said the abuse Bowman is gettting off so called journalists who claim to be impartial is shocking - as for that so called pundit Thomson what a prick of a man. Way over the top on his abuse of Bowman.