S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

I suspect that Alan Stubbs would be beyond our price range but if he was looking to re-build his reputation then he would be an exciting option:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-stubbs-management-getting-sack-12638634

Why does Alan Stubbs jeep getting a mention, couldn't get one of the biggest teams in Scotland out of the Second Division

Why does Alan Stubbs jeep getting a mention, couldn't get one of the biggest teams in Scotland out of the Second Division

Lost out to two of the other biggest teams in Scotland, Rangers and Hearts and as I said above he won a Scottish Cup. If we are ruling out people like Stubbs as not Motherwell standard then the pool is going to become very small indeed.

No opinion to the new manager.

Can we have a new club policy of the CEO actually giving a fuck who is signed for the club?

According to reports, "McGhee had full control over the football side of the club."

Look at the squad he left behind and weep.

We should maybe be looking at a form of Director of Football plus coach. While not a perfect model, better than rolling everything on the ridiculous decisions of one man.

No opinion to the new manager.

Can we have a new club policy of the CEO actually giving a fuck who is signed for the club?

According to reports, "McGhee had full control over the football side of the club."

Look at the squad he left behind and weep.

We should maybe be looking at a form of Director of Football plus coach. While not a perfect model, better than rolling everything on the ridiculous decisions of one man.

Posted elsewhere on this site that Alan Burrows prefers a DoF model but finances don't allow it at a club like ourselves currently.

According to reports? It's been talked about and posted on here since the start of the season who made the recruitment decisions. Also mentioned at the AGM.

COO, not CEO, by the way.

We all see t differently I dont rate him at all other like your good self have a differing view. Stevie Woods was a regular in goal from 1994 to 2003 he was probably the worst goalkeeper ive ever seen in a Motherwell Jersey and we had 2nd, 4th and 7th in that period.

I beg to differ, I would rate John Gardiner as the worst, followed by Samson then Twardzik.

Was getting a bit worried with all the Jim Duffy chat until someone mentioned the possibility of Barry Ferguson.

If that is the standard we are looking to bring in then the decision to get rid of Mark McGhee will come back and bite us on the arse, big time.

Things did not go his way, but I reckon McGhee is a decent manager and a decent man and I wish him all the best for the future.

• Like 2