S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Hughes walked out on Inverness when they were in a relatively comfortable place because of the clubs budget plans. Could never see him agreeing to become our manager. You might say "but he's at Raith Rovers now!" but I'll bet he agreed a budget for next season that will make them competitive in their league. That wasn't going to happen at our place.

His budget at Caley was slashed after the cup win and it was less than he thought he had agreed. He is only manager at Raith until end of season so don't think budgets would have came into it. But just pure guessing on my part. Just really hope it all works out well for Robbo.

Totally underwhelmed. Club has missed a serious chance to get a fresh perspective and reinvigorate itself. Relegation beckons, the last two results have been the classic dead cat bounce...

Totally agree. Remember this guy wasn't even on our radar up unil a few weeks ago when he was asked to come back as "assistant" to Mark McGhee. So, either he was viewed by the powers that be at the club as an assistant or, all this was part of some masterplan. Make-up your own minds.

• Like 5

Uninspiring choice for me, missed a chance to bring someone fresh in to oversee the mass cull of the playing squad required. He could prove me wrong, but too much of the old pals act here for me just now. Also think a contract to end of the season would have been a better option, and mystified why it has taken this long to announce the assistant as McGhee's replacement?

That all said, he will get my backing and hopefully he can prove all the doubters wrong. Confident he will guide us to safety come seasons end and then it will be job done.

As others have said, probably cheap choice, but also a relatively safe choice.

Good luck to him.

• Like 2

barraclough was"the outstanding candidate",mcghee was"the only man the club wanted" and now robinson is"the outstanding candidate",i think serious questions need to be asked of the folk making the decision at the club.

• Like 3

You don't have interviews then hire the shitest one. Whether he's an outstanding manager and whether he was the outstanding candidate from a group of 5 based on whatever our criteria is is two different things.

I am not particularly excited about this appointment, just because he's not new and we all like new things, but the fans criteria of someone different who's not an unknown , and knows our game without being a usual suspect, and has been successful but we can afford him, is always going to be difficult to match.

Pretty underwhelming especially with the fact he scraped it against killie and lost last week to Aberdeen and although they are 2nd, Hamilton beat them so they can't be hard to beat but best of luck and hope he keeps us up

That Hamilton game was unreal. Still in shock they had 20 shots and over 20 corners!

Cant say Im overly excited about the appointment but none of the candidates we know about would have carried unanimous support. Hopefully he can get some quick results and the support will rally round him.

What was the point of interviews and bringing Valakari over to rubber ear him again. We need to support Robinson now and just hope he keeps us up. Lack of imagination and for sight and a chance lost to take the club in new direction springs to mind have to say. Is he going to continue our signing policy of duffers from the English non league I wonder.

What was the point of interviews and bringing Valakari over to rubber ear him again. We need to support Robinson now and just hope he keeps us up. Lack of imagination and for sight and a chance lost to take the club in new direction springs to mind have to say. Is he going to continue our signing policy of duffers from the English non league I wonder.

The other interviews must not have impressed or accepted what was on offer?

barraclough was"the outstanding candidate",mcghee was"the only man the club wanted" and now robinson is"the outstanding candidate",i think serious questions need to be asked of the folk making the decision at the club.

It's called PR. It happens when football clubs/companies make announcements.

And all this chat about the process being amateurish...Why is that? Because the club took time to evaluate their options, assessed a number of candidates, including the current interim manager, and chose the option that best met their criteria? Amateur hour indeed...

Have we just done away with the whole "let's give the new guy a chance" approach?

What a bunch of greetin-faced arseholes we are sometimes.

I'm happy for him to try and keep us up by whatever means necessary. Sure, the job in the summer is a different story, but then at Oldham he had to bring in an entire squad, things aren't quite that extreme for us. Let's see how it goes before getting the pitchforks out eh?

• Like 10

Whether the manager is someone new to the club or promoted from within doesn't strike me as being a big issue. Both would have to work with the current squad and will have the opportunity to significantly change the squad in the summer.

There's a certain element to our support who will criticise the club no matter what they do. The same people who are not happy with the choice of manager are the same who wanted shot of the old one. I'm afraid you can't have it both ways!