S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Going on the past few years, the betting markets are a good indicator of who it isn't going to be. The questions I have are: Is billy stark still unemployed? Do we still need to contact nijholt by phone, or can we drop him an email? Is Stuart Baxter a real person? and who will the ridiculous foreign interest be this time?

• Like 1

Robinson has little experiance as a manager. What little he has he made a baws of at oldham and got the bullet. Hes a great trainer and assistant but far too big a risk to keep us up. Dont know who will with that shambles of a defence and goalie.

Bookies odds mean next to nothing. I lost a fair whack on Van der Gaag and then profited on McGhee at 33/1.

I think the decision to put Robinson in interim charge rules out Craigan for now. I also think Oldham's upturn in form will count against Robinson,

My hunch is that we know who we want and a deal could be done shortly.

It's one of the most important appointments in recent years, given the on the park transition the new man will need to oversee as we eventually move on from the Lasley/Hammell/McManus era. Can't afford to get this wrong...

Id hardly class anything Mcmanus has been involved with us as an era ... The word Era conjures up commitment longevity love of the club.... the "McManus wilderness years" are more apt. Theres been as much space in our defence as there is in the wilderness under his stewardship.

• Like 1

Jim Duffy certainly the option that appeals most to me right now. Whether we could actually get him on board though is another matter.

Duffy is one of the Scottish Establishment on Scottish Football merry go round mob aka , Alex Smith, Paul Hegarty, Jocky Scott, Sandy Clark, Tommy Craig..... hes in a temp upturn with Morton but wouldnt touch him.

Stephen Robinson may not get much time to prove himself if the club's stated intention is to "appoint a new manager as swiftly as possible". That goes against the club's approach in recent years in taking its time to appoint the right man. You could be right Lobey. Its interesting that when Mark McGhee was appointed, he was approached by the club despite not applying.

Id hardly class anything Mcmanus has been involved with us as an era ... The word Era conjures up commitment longevity love of the club.... the "McManus wilderness years" are more apt. Theres been as much space in our defence as there is in the wilderness under his stewardship.

2nd,11th,5th place finishes in his 3 full seasons at the club so far. Probably an above average period in our history all things considered.

Bookies odds mean next to nothing. I lost a fair whack on Van der Gaag and then profited on McGhee at 33/1.

I think the decision to put Robinson in interim charge rules out Craigan for now. I also think Oldham's upturn in form will count against Robinson,

I had been wondering this myself tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd been considering options for replacing McGhee since his breakdown at Ibrox. Maybe not with the intention of making an appointment now but certainly with a view to the summer.

I'm maybe reading too much into it but it seemed telling that the interview in the Motherwell Times on February 9th (prior to the 7-2) McGhee expressed an interest in extending but at that point there had been no discussions. I get that we'd probably have been waiting to see how the rest of the season panned out but equally given that interview along with the subsequent results and heads gone moments no to mention the general ill will towards McGhee from sections of the support then it'd have made sense for the club to have been drawing up a shortlist at the very least.

I honestly can't see why Craigan would consider the job given his other employment, he'd need sectioned if he was even thinking about it tbqh and while Robinson seems a good coach given our circumstances I'd have thought we'd be aiming for an experienced guy who's on board with the club's overall objectives.

• Like 1

2nd,11th,5th place finishes in his 3 full seasons at the club so far. Probably an above average period in our history all things considered.

We all see t differently I dont rate him at all other like your good self have a differing view. Stevie Woods was a regular in goal from 1994 to 2003 he was probably the worst goalkeeper ive ever seen in a Motherwell Jersey and we had 2nd, 4th and 7th in that period.

Three managers sacked in the last two and a half years with the 'senior players' holding some influence throughout that time would suggest to me that in-house is not the way to go.

There is something not quite right about our squad of players and has not been since the last day of the season at Aberdeen in 2014. We need a fresh start now. We need a manager who will not pander to the senior players. Two relegation battles in 3 years, with these players apparently having a hugely positive influence at the club. Something does not add up. The play-off's showed us how these players could play, when they could be bothered.

Whoever takes over has a very difficult job on their hands. I would not like to be the person charged with getting the decision right.

• Like 1

The problem isn't the senior players.

It's that we have only signed four decent players - Moult, McHugh, Tait, Henneghan - in the past four transfer windows and one of them is a right back who can't defend.

The other clubs around us are building teams to survive in the league while we are playing a demented version of bargain hunt in English lower league football. Our recruitment this season has been horrendous and our entire transfer policy needs to a rethink. Hopefully Frear and Bowman will be a wake up call.

• Like 1

The problem isn't the senior players.

It's that we have only signed four decent players - Moult, McHugh, Tait, Henneghan - in the past four transfer windows and one of them is a right back who can't defend.

The other clubs around us are building teams to survive in the league while we are playing a demented version of bargain hunt in English lower league football. Our recruitment this season has been horrendous and our entire transfer policy needs to a rethink. Hopefully Frear and Bowman will be a wake up call.

So we're deciding Frear is not good enough based on less than two full games at a time when the team are underperforming.

That seems fair...

• Like 1

My shout would have been John Hughes but we were too late.

Peter Houston is worth a shout but might be to pricey.

Surely to god if we were interested in him we couldnt be outbid by Falkirk although I suspect ur referring to cost of buying out his contract and in that ur probably right but hes one Id have ahead of many of the other names.