Scottish Premiership Aberdeen V Motherwell Sat 11 Mar 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I am sorry but for us to lose so many late goals isn't down to bad luck anymore but poor discipline. When we try to hold out for a point it always ends up in defeat. But hey the board will see it as a positive and give Robinson the job based on a good 45mins at killie. Sorry for rant but i have been going to fir park since a 5yr old when we played Ajax in 1977 so i feel i am entitled to my opinion

I don't know if he's had his chance and failed Jim, but I'd say his brief spell in charge (so far) has been inconclusive. I don't really know what the Directors can take from his 2 games in charge.

I think Sir Alex Ferguson would have struggled to do any better, considering we were on the road to oblivion with all the goals we were leaking, I honestly think we done not too bad for the two AWAY games.
  • Like 1

I don't know if he's had his chance and failed Jim, but I'd say his brief spell in charge (so far) has been inconclusive. I don't really know what the Directors can take from his 2 games in charge.

He's tightened things up and got them much more organised in a short space of time , seconds away from a great result today

But will it generate confidence? We seem totally incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

That has been the case since the McCall days. The difference being we were scoring plenty under his reign.

I have been saying all season that our lack of goals has been as big a problem as our porous defence.

I am sorry but for us to lose so many late goals isn't down to bad luck anymore but poor discipline. When we try to hold out for a point it always ends up in defeat. But hey the board will see it as a positive and give Robinson the job based on a good 45mins at killie. Sorry for rant but i have been going to fir park since a 5yr old when we played Ajax in 1977 so i feel i am entitled to my opinion

Everyone entitled to their opinion mate and yours is a good point.

• Like 1

Absolutely Allan. In our last two games we've lost a 92nd minute goal and conceded a very late penalty. Thats not how to see games out.

If we could score more than zero or one per game it would be less of a problem. It's a team game and defence is only half of the equation.

Forget the penalty v killie cos it wasn't one

Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant; FWIW I didn't think it was. However Killie should not have been in a position to claim one late on when instead we should have been keeping them well out of our danger area. As Spiderpig said we don't know how to see games out vis a vis keeping opponents well away from our goal. We just seem to defend deeper and deeper as the game goes on.

If we could score more than zero or one per game it would be less of a problem. It's a team game and defence is only half of the equation.

I get what your saying,and agree... to an extent! But even Messi & Ronaldo would struggle to score in this team. Players cant score if they dont get the ball in the opposition half

Ok lets look at this another way. We have been honkin all season we dont create enough chances and we have a pourous defence. Now does anyone seriously think that ANY person can come in and overnight with the same players suddenly right EVERYTHING thats wrong.

The board have a choice to make and we all have to hope they get it right......bring in someone fresh with all the disruption that may bring and pray they hit the ground running (cos they will need to) or stick with the interim management team who have produced improved (although far from perfect) performances.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant; FWIW I didn't think it was. However Killie should not have been in a position to claim one late on when instead we should have been keeping them well out of our danger area. As Spiderpig said we don't know how to see games out vis a vis keeping opponents well away from our goal. We just seem to defend deeper and deeper as the game goes on.

You can't really stop teams getting into your box especially in last few minutes at their home ground, but I agree we do seem to lose more last min goals than most, if it certainly feels that way

It's frustrating today , but it's more encouraging than a few weeks ago , I would give robbo next week too, to see what they can do at hone

I wouldn't be against Robinson getting till after St J. game.. He appears to have strengthened up the defence although that may be due to the increased effort put in in the last two games. Still defending far too deep but then who is there with skill and some pace to give some relief to the back four. Clay hardly seen, Cadden when he was getting rave notices earlier in the season was about pace and strength, that's not showing now, why?. Being kind to Pearson to say he has been ineffective since his return. I'm afraid January transfer market was another missed opportunity AND the replacement left sided player for Johnson seems to be getting developed as full back. Cannot understand why Campbell is not given another chance, he was a success against Hamilton.

I would give robbo next week too, to see what they can do at hone

The board know all about Robinson having worked under Mcghee for such a time. The two games in charge is an added bonus I suppose, to see what he brings to the table as his own man. There is certainly no need to delay an appointment another week once all the candidates have been interviewed IMO.
  • Like 1

It does not matter who we have as a manager they will still have to work with the players we have at the moment and if those players are not professional enough to keep a clean sheet for 91 mins and end up losing the game then we have major issues. Losing a goal after 92 mins is unacceptable 1-0 or 7-2 it's still a defeat and feck all points that's why we are 3rd bottom. We could bring in Mourinho or Guardiola but if the players are not able to see out the last few seconds of a game then we will have problems, they need to step up and be a bit more professional.

It does not matter who we have as a manager they will still have to work with the players we have at the moment and if those players are not professional enough to keep a clean sheet for 91 mins and end up losing the game then we have major issues. Losing a goal after 92 mins is unacceptable 1-0 or 7-2 it's still a defeat and feck all points that's why we are 3rd bottom. We could bring in Mourinho or Guardiola but if the players are not able to see out the last few seconds of a game then we will have problems, they need to step up and be a bit more professional.

Because Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid et al have never conceded a goal in injury time, right?

In any game, in any country, if a team of any size loses an injury time goal, you're going to say they're "unprofessional"?

I get that an injury time goal hurts like hell as a fan. I accept that we have lost more than our fair share of late goals this season. However, in terms of defensive discipline, I don't understand how you can castigate a patched up defence as "unprofessional" having held firm for 90 minutes against a superior team who battered seven goals past us just a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Because Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid et al have never conceded a goal in injury time, right?

In any game, in any country, if a team of any size loses an injury time goal, you're going to say they're "unprofessional"?

I get that an injury time goal hurts like hell as a fan. I accept that we have lost more than our fair share of late goals this season. However, in terms of defensive discipline, I don't understand how you can castigate a patched up defence as "unprofessional" having held firm for 90 minutes against a superior team who battered seven goals past us just a few weeks ago.

If it was a one off then yes i would not blame them,these things happen but Motherwell make a habit of it and we never learn,not seeing games out has cost us at least 3 or 4 points this season alone. So that's why we need to be more professional so that when there is a chance to get a win or a draw we take it,playing well for 90 mins counts for nothing if you throw it all away in injury time.

• Like 1

Was working in a pub full of Jambos all night and they said that the Hamilton keeper was outstanding, but the rest of the team were the worst they've seen in decades at Gorgie. That gives me hope.

We have the same 2 opponents as Acccies over the next 2 games.....will be an interesting game when we meet at FP