Run In To The Split - Projections

Goggles & Flippers

We play each of the teams we need to finish above twice, right? Our biggest concern right now is what the other teams do the week we play rangers. If we can get anything from that game, or the other shite teams also lose, we have control of our destiny.

Any ideas as to how the post split fixtures are likely to shape up for home and away?

Any ideas as to how the post split fixtures are likely to shape up for home and away?

Its hard to say. If we are given 19 home games, which is by no means certain, we'll be due 3 home ties after the split. If things stay as they are we'd be due to play Kilmarnock and Ross County at home and Hamilton, Dundee and Inverness away. However one of those 3 "away" games would be played at home.

The next round of fixtures could see us propping up the league

The Sheep should beat Dundee in the Friday night game

Accies v StJohn

Caley v Killie

Thistle v Ross Cty

Can see 3 home wins.......and we will have our usual result in Govan

In a ideal situation would love them all and us to draw

Our current form unfortunately is relegation form ,3 points from 18......worst in the league

Next two home league games will massive if we are going to remain in the league and we will need to get some wins ASAP

• Like 2

Our current form unfortunately is relegation form ,3 points from 18......worst in the league

Next two home league games will massive if we are going to remain in the league and we will need to get some wins ASAP

I could be wrong but I don't expect both ICT and Hamilton to win their next games but I do think we will be 11th after Rangers game.

The stat 3 from 18 is poor but when you see the opposition it puts some perspective on it.

Their is a thread on Pie and Bovril not dissimilar to this. The interesting stat is that whilst we undoubtedly have the worst record v top 5 - we actually have the best (and taken more points from) record v bottom 6 teams than the others.

That may change but there is no doubt the Hamilton game at home is crucial. Lose that and it does start to look bleak. Hopefully the fans will turn up for that game.....

Noticed that after 33 games/ split we I'll have played 16 home 17 away

If Partick finnish in the top 6 ( which is looking likely)....... the fixtures outstanding to play every one home and away would see us play

2 (18)home Ross Cty/Killie and 3 (20) away Accies/Ict/Dundee

Obviously the league ain't turned out as SPFL predicted.....

Come the split I think we'll finish up with about 31 points, with Ross County on 29, Accies on 28 and Inverness on 25. However its almost impossible to predict outcomes. I reckon we'll pick up 4 more points from our remaining pre split fixtures. The home games against Accies and Inverness will be hugely important and it will be important to get two wins but I reckon we'll need to settle for one win and one draw.

Can't be bothered doing the wee league thingy.

Motherwell 34 points at the split.

McDonald and Moult to dig us out. I would even consider resting both of them against Rangers. Let Bowman play up front as lone striker.

If either McDonald or Moult, or god forbid both of them, come off that Ibrox pitch injured, it's time for a collective whitey.

It's also getting to the stage we need to consider a 30 day contract for a couple of defenders. I hope the club are poring over the unattached players list.

Even if McManus steps on the pitch again this season, he's unlikely to be match fit. And rushing Tait back gives me the fear.

It's also getting to the stage we need to consider a 30 day contract for a couple of defenders. I hope the club are poring over the unattached players list.

Even if McManus steps on the pitch again this season, he's unlikely to be match fit. And rushing Tait back gives me the fear.

Even before you consider the likely quality of those available as free agents, have to figure that anyone available now will be a country mile from match fitness.

We will have to go with the defence we have. Which may or may not see us relegated...

McDonald and Moult to dig us out. I would even consider resting both of them against Rangers. Let Bowman play up front as lone striker.

If either McDonald or Moult, or god forbid both of them, come off that Ibrox pitch injured, it's time for a collective whitey.

Agreed. In this game and at the likes of Parkhead, Pittodrie and Tynecastle, Bowman should be our preferred choice. Whilst Moult is the better striker, Bowman is the better target man. He's big and strong, can run all day and hold the ball up. In his limited gametime recently he's shown he can give us something.

In short, 15 points will all but guarantee our safety.

We play Accies twice, and Inverness twice before the end of the season, if, in theory at least, we were to take 12 points from these 4 games, that would leave us needing 3 points from Rangers, Partick, Ross County and probably Dundee and Kilmarnock.

All very feasible on paper, but when we've won 7 games all season...

• 2 weeks later...

Did this a few years ago and its seems apt. If we do go for Robinson to get us over the line until the summer or we go for a manager for the future it's imperative that we retain SPFL status for major financial implications this summer. 5 games left to play, top 6 would be a relief. My guesses are in red. I don't think we'll do it but should be safe post split.

Current League Table (28 games)

Partick 33

--------------------

Kilmarnock 31

Dundee 30

Ross County 28

Motherwell 27

Accies 24

ICT 23

Partick Thistle (total 5):

Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - 1 point

Partick Thistle v Ross County - 3 points

Celtic v Partick Thistle - 0 points

Partick Thistle v Motherwell - 1 point

Rangers v Partick Thistle - 0 points

Killie (total 1):

Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - 1 point

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Kilmarnock - 0 points

Kilmarnock v Rangers - 0 points

Celtic v Kilmarnock - 0 points

Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - 0 points

Dundee (total 6):

Dundee v Celtic - 0 points

Dundee v Aberdeen - 0 points

Ross County v Dundee - 3 points

Heart of Midlothian v Dundee - 0 points

Dundee v Hamilton Academical - 3 points

Ross County (total 1):

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Ross County - 1 point

Partick Thistle v Ross County - 0 points

Ross County v Dundee - 0 points

Hamilton Academical v Ross County - 0 points

Ross County v Celtic - 0 points

Us (total 8 :ph34r:):

Motherwell v St Johnstone - 1 point

Rangers v Motherwell - 0 points

Motherwell v Hamilton Academical - 3 points

Motherwell v Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 3 points

Accies (total 4):

Rangers v Hamilton Academical - 0 points

Hamilton Academical v St Johnstone - 1 points

Motherwell v Hamilton Academical - 0 points

Hamilton Academical v Ross County - 3 points

Dundee v Hamilton Academical - 0 points

ICT (total 4):

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Ross County - 1 points

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Kilmarnock - 3 points

Aberdeen v Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 0 points

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v St Johnstone - 0 points

Motherwell v Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 0 points

Table at Split (wishful thinking)

Partick 38

----------------------

Dundee 36

Motherwell 35

Killie 32

Ross County 29

Accies 28

ICT 27

--------------------

Partick Thistle (total 5):

Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - 1 point........correct!!!!!!

Partick Thistle v Ross County - 3 points.......correct!!!!

Celtic v Partick Thistle - 0 points

Rangers v Partick Thistle - 0 points

Killie (total 1):

Kilmarnock v Partick Thistle - 1 point...... Correct !!!!!!

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Kilmarnock - 0 points. ......Wrong !!!!!!

Kilmarnock v Rangers - 0 points

Celtic v Kilmarnock - 0 points

Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - 0 points

Dundee (total 6):

Dundee v Celtic - 0 points.........Correct !!!!!!

Dundee v Aberdeen - 0 points........Correct !!!!!

Ross County v Dundee - 3 points

Heart of Midlothian v Dundee - 0 points

Dundee v Hamilton Academical - 3 points

Ross County (total 1):

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Ross County - 1 point. ......Correct !!!!!!

Partick Thistle v Ross County - 0 points.........Correct !!!!!

Ross County v Dundee - 0 points

Hamilton Academical v Ross County - 0 points

Ross County v Celtic - 0 points

Us (total 8 :ph34r:):

Motherwell v St Johnstone - 1 point.....Wrong !!!!!!

Rangers v Motherwell - 0 points........Wrong !!!!!!...... Correct amount off points

• Like 1

I think 3 more points pre split is a realistic target for us, although we have to go full out for the 6 of course. I never thought that we'd beat both Accies and Inverness at home. With our squad I think its more realistic to pick up points away from home than at home and hopefully the SPFL will oblige by giving us more away games than home.