The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Would take Crawford off hamilton. If we stay up.and they go down they will be looking to offload and at this point in his career Crawford won't want to play in the Championship. I'm sure he will get other offers but the fact he's local my sway him to come to us.

Would take Crawford off hamilton. If we stay up.and they go down they will be looking to offload and at this point in his career Crawford won't want to play in the Championship. I'm sure he will get other offers but the fact he's local my sway him to come to us.

Heard he's looking to be off down south.

He's been desperate to go down south since Alex Neil left and hoped he would take him to Norwich, even if accies went down I doubt they would be easy to deal with to sign him. Some accies fans I've seen say he's not even that good as well.

McHugh - 90/11

Keatings - 120/37

I'd say that was better than McHugh.

2016/17

Keatings 5 in 27

Mchgugh 6 in 37

Marginally better I will give you that (in a more successful team not only this year but in all 3 seasons in the championship)

Ryan bowman would score a barrel load in that league in amongst the part time dross

He's been desperate to go down south since Alex Neil left and hoped he would take him to Norwich, even if accies went down I doubt they would be easy to deal with to sign him. Some accies fans I've seen say he's not even that good as well.

Hamilton's version of Ross Forbes

Its a pity they are all under contract and would cost transfer fees but theres a fair few good young Scottish players coming through the Championship. Thomas O'Ware & Jai Quitongo at Morton, Craig Sibbald at Falkirk and Stevie Mallan & Lewis Morgan at St Midden amongst others

There's a bit of chat over in P&B from a St Johnstone fan about us being interested in Alan Mannus who's fallen behind Zander Clark at Mcdiarmid Park.

As mentioned on that thread it would make sense. He'll be wanting first team football at 34 and Robbo is likely to be aware of him through the NI squads. Good keeper for our level and definitely an improvement on Samson.

Mannus is a very good goalkeeper and would be an improvement on what we currently have in our side. I will be very disappointed if we go into 2017/2018 season with Samson as number one, despite an improvement in performance since the turn of the year.

On the basis of some of the players in the championship listed further up on the comments there's a few who could definitely step up and do a job for us. I've also been impressed by the Falkirk left back Luke Leahy who i seem to remember impressed during the play off's last year and can get the odd goal himself. I believe he's out of contract this summer, i reckon could be a better option than Chalmers if we signed him.

Were we not in for him years ago, perhaps before he went to St Johnstone? Wouldn't be a bad should at all, always been a solid stopper.

Yes we were, Terry Butcher brought him to Fir Park for a trial but thats as far as it got. Not a bad goalie.

I've always felt that if we are taking players on loan, keeper is the prime position to fill with a loanee. I think because they are least likely to be sold on for a profit.

As always, however, it boils down to how many positions we need to fill, what our budget is, and who's available.

Mannus is a very good goalkeeper and would be an improvement on what we currently have in our side. I will be very disappointed if we go into 2017/2018 season with Samson as number one, despite an improvement in performance since the turn of the year.

Funny how people see things differently . .as I have said before , I work along with one of the St.Johnstone players father and Mannus has been the topic of conversation on many occasions and all about how poor he is . My workmate goes to all their games and he had been saying how poor he was from the start of the season until they finally binned him for Clark . The biggest problem seems to be that he will not leave his line at all or catch anything, preferring to punch everything . .remind you of anyone ? ? ? They have been glad to see him out the side and that is not just from the supporters.

• Andy_P locked this topic