The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

The rumours from the twittersphere are midfielder graham carey (Plymouth) and forward Jordan Owens (crusaders)

Could just be the old, Irish manager therefore were signing all available Irish players deal though. Carey in particular seems like he'd get something more lucrative in England. Owens scores headers a lot.

Ruddy released by Norwich, I suspect well out of our financial league but take him back in a heartbeat.

Edt: Also Sean Welsh of Partick released I always thought he was pretty solid defender.

John ruddy was released because Norwich can no longer afford to pay his £37k a week wage. Not too far away from our total football wage bill I would imagine

h**s seem to think that they'll get Moult for £500k + Michael O'Halloran. I'd imagine the chances of us accepting that are slim to none. MoH is a decent player but we've got no need for another winger with Frear,Cadden and possibly Ainsworth and Dom Thomas in the squad.

They're also fizzing about reports that Ipswich are considering a £500k offer for Garner! I've not seen anything from Garner to suggest he's as good as Moult but they obviously think he's worth more (probably because they spent £1.8m on him).

• Like 1

Apparently (don't listen to it myself) the 'experts' on Clyde Suoerscoreboard were saying last night it was 99.9% certain that Moult would be joining Rangers for £500k plus O'Halloran on loan. Assuming that's where Rangers fans are getting the idea it's a done deal...

I would be deeply disappointed in our board if we sell Moult to another team in our league if there are other credible offers on the table. You have to consider the damage he could inflict on us over a number of seasons and take that into account as well as any financial package.

I would hope that and O'Hallorans wage expectations will put an end to any possible deal.

Much rather see our prize asset go south and flourish knowing we had played a part in his development.

I don't want a loan player instead of cash, and also don't want to move him to another team in our league. I'd assume that a move to England would be more lucrative for moult, especially if he can get a team in the championship.

However, we can't force clubs to make offers, and we can't risk holding off until January.

• Like 1

Apparently (don't listen to it myself) the 'experts' on Clyde Suoerscoreboard were saying last night it was 99.9% certain that Moult would be joining Rangers for £500k plus O'Halloran on loan. Assuming that's where Rangers fans are getting the idea it's a done deal...

The experts on Clyde1 also said Rangers were going to sweep Motherwell aside both home& away during the playoffs.....

• Andy_P locked this topic