The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

As you say, we need "journeymen" who know the league and are proven in it to an extent. We can't take a punt on English non-league players every time.

Exactly. For every Louis Moult there is a Wes Fletcher, a Ryan Bowman and a Jacob Blyth.

Higdon and Sutton were 'journeymen' when they joined, but both scored a fantastic number of goals for us in their spells. If Fisher does half as well as them he'll have done not bad!

• Like 2

Fisher scored 8 goals in 1029 minutes of football. Bowman had 11 starts, 13 subs appearances and managed 2. Blyth seems to be a permacrock and has yet to manage a goal. It's been fairly well documented that Fisher dropped out the ICT side because of a dispute with Foran.

On that basis alone Fisher's an upgrade on 2 of the 3 first team forwards at the club. Unless for some reason goals he scored against us don't count, in which case he still managed to double Bowman's tally for the season.

Is he an "exciting" signing, no...probably not but I don't really see anyone claiming that he is or was meant to be.

Last season we had folk banging on about our transfer targets being sourced from non-league in England and how we didn't recruit from Scotland. Now we've signed a player who scored goals in the actual league we're in and was a transfer target for at least one of our direct rivals and yet somehow we've got people moaning about that. The absolute state of some folk btw.

• Like 3

Looks like our new keeper going to be Trevor Carson from Hartlepool .He is Northern Irish surprisingly and has been player of year in recent years for them and also Cambridge in the past .Might only be a rumour but seems a very strong 1

Where'd the rumour come from and Hartlepool got relegated did they not, he might be decent right enough

He looks the part, however, I never like to judge players on one sided You Tube montages. I would much prefer to see a mix of errors and good saves to get a more balanced viewpoint. Even the legendary goal machine looked good on You Tube. Seeing players weaknesses can be just as important as their strengths.

Nope will be judged on performances not height Andy Goram was not above 6 feet and look how he turned out for us ,I was just commenting that wasnt that tall in keeper terms. If he comes out and catches a couple like we seen in the clips then I will be happy enough I have not said all keepers need to be over 6 feet it just helps but can still be a good keeper .

Nope will be judged on performances not height Andy Goram was not above 6 feet and look how he turned out for us ,I was just commenting that wasnt that tall in keeper terms. If he comes out and catches a couple like we seen in the clips then I will be happy enough I have not said all keepers need to be over 6 feet it just helps but can still be a good keeper .

Scott Fox is 6ft and Tomas Cerny is 6ft 1, however I fear the memories of Lee Hollis (6ft) and midget Dan are still fresh in people's minds.

For what it's worth, having a browse through Hartlepool's quite convoluted fan forum it seems he's well thought of there. It's worth noting that he was out for the 2nd half of the season with a shoulder injury. He only came back for the last 2 games of their season.

He's still under contract and he's someone they thought they'd be able to sell on for profit however their relegation seems to have resulted in something of a fire sale. There's a reasonable amount of seethe at them "only" getting £200k for Nathan Thomas (cue hearty laughter from members of this board) and that they should be looking for £150k for Carson (which clearly won't happen).

There are a couple of comments like: "Losing Carson and Amond would kill any hope I have for bouncing straight back up." and that he's one of the few in their squad that they'd keep on post-relegation. It seems that he's one of the (admittedly few) assets in their team.

Overall that probably gives you a more rounded view than a YouTube montage (as impressive as some of those saves are).

If looking for 6 figures then dont see us being in that kind of market unless he has relegation clause in it where can leave for free if go out of league .

No, their fans think he's worth 6 figures (and many fans are utterly delusional about value). I'd imagine that after their relegation they'll be looking at some sort of mutual release.

No, I wasn't suggesting that you were criticising his height. Like capt_oats, I'm simply recalling the obsession people had with "Midget" Dan's height and expecting a similar response again.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic