The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

There's some impressive stuff in that Carson video, Though there's also some shades of Sampson with his "slap the ball into the middle of the box" tendencies. Add this to his diminutive stature, and he could be one that sparks discussion through the season

• Like 1

I think Ripley probably has ambitions above us now. He was in the League one team of the season and broke Oldhams clean sheet record - 16-17 clean sheets or thereabouts.

I'm pretty sure a top League one or lower end championship club would take him.

Return of Ripley wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Really? Haven't Boro binned both Valdes and Guzan?

I'd have thought, now they're in the Championship, promoting their young keeper who was in the League 1 team of the year wouldnt be the most outrageous thing.

Hartlepool keeper isnt a surprise seeing as our gk coach came from Barnet in League 2 and was coaching the Norn Irn keepers so he probably has good knowledge of him.

Would be happy with Griffiths as deputy as well

Wee Dan's height is obviously an issue for clubs around Europe as he's not been signed with anyone since he left here.

He was about to sign for a club in the Czech Republic second tier but he was unfortunate to sustain a knee injury after leaving us which put him on the shelf for almost an entire season.

Anyone who thinks we have a chance of bringing Connor Ripley back needs to get back to reality. Best keeper in League One last season, and like the above post says, they have binned Valdes and Guzan. Would imagine if he's not second or first choice there, he'll have clubs lining up to pay him at least triple what he would be on with us.

• Like 1

For those who are concerned that Fisher only started scoring towards the end of the season, if you look closer at his stats, most of his nine starts came in that spell. In the time when he wasn't scoring, he was getting 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there off the bench. It strikes me at a glance as a player who had to wait for his chance and then when he got it, he took it. Scoring the amount of goals he did in a terrible team is credible as well, especially as he scored double what Billy McKay, a previously established striker at this level, did in the same team.

I'd also take Ripley back in a second, but as others have said, I imagine he has much bigger fish to fry. Probably just a lazy rumour, given Robinson took him to Oldham last year.

For those who are concerned that Fisher only started scoring towards the end of the season, if you look closer at his stats, most of his nine starts came in that spell. In the time when he wasn't scoring, he was getting 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there off the bench. It strikes me at a glance as a player who had to wait for his chance and then when he got it, he took it. Scoring the amount of goals he did in a terrible team is credible as well, especially as he scored double what Billy McKay, a previously established striker at this level, did in the same team.

I'd also take Ripley back in a second, but as others have said, I imagine he has much bigger fish to fry. Probably just a lazy rumour, given Robinson took him to Oldham last year.

Fair point - if the club announced the signing of Billy McKay the forum would be delighted.

Except for those that don't like being happy about anything.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic