The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Hope midfielder mentioned by Robinson announced tomorrow as we could be here a while trying to work out who it is .Would then think defence would be priority after that.

Probably because the attacking players are harder to get and I think after the league cup and once the season starts he'll assess who else he needs to bring in and who goes

In fairness to him he was clear in saying that the defence needs to be addressed in his interview earlier so you'd imagine it's on his agenda.

I like the way he's going about everything Robinson, he did actually impress me at the end of the season and has injectors confidence and hope bsck into the club and fans and has done so with his signings so far keep it, hopefully if he does well he will have a successful time with maybe a few trophies sneaking in there

In fairness to him he was clear in saying that the defence needs to be addressed in his interview earlier so you'd imagine it's on his agenda.

Aye, priorities in signing won't coincide with the timings of announced signings, but he seems to know exactly who he wants.

As pointed out, however, as nice as it is to do business early, other business is dependent on offloading players, loan deals, the transfer window and people bidding for our guys. So the last pieces of business might not happen until July or August.

I too am impressed by the way the boss, and our club, have gone about their business. Good to see some signings early on and that will help us prepare for the new campaign ahead. I'd be very wary about taking ex Tannadice signings. Looking at the names who were freed I really wouldn't want any of them.

Hope midfielder mentioned by Robinson announced tomorrow as we could be here a while trying to work out who it is .Would then think defence would be priority after that.

In todays Scottish sun Robinson says the midfielder is 99.9% signed but he won't be announced until next tuesday at the earliest as he's on holiday

Be happy if Scougall signs . If memory serves me he played against us for Livvy few years back in league cup game and was outstanding that night . Also seems to have done well at Sheffield Utd . If we get him it would be a cracking signing . Fingers crossed .

Probably reading way too much in to this but Scougall went on holiday on Monday. Say he's away for a week, back next Monday, means he can be in the building and signed on Tuesday, which is the day Robinson said we'd announce a midfielder

It means fuck all to be honest. Our best midfielder had to play centre half and our other options were Campbell,Lucas,Pearson & Clay, 2 of which are made of chocolate and barely played and Clay is barely a highland league level player. So Lasley was the (second) best of a very very bad bunch.

We are literally begging for money from Well Society members and give what looks like a 2 year contract with 1 year option to a 36 year old who was finished when he signed it nevermind 2 years later. Now were paying a first team salary to a guy who will/should be nowhere near the team. No matter how you spin it,thats fucking mental!

It means we stayed in the top league.

• Andy_P locked this topic