The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

even if moult stays we badly need another striker,someone with a bit of pace and movement to compliment the likes of moult and fisher would be ideal.there is other areas of the squad that need addressed first,particularly in defence but if we can somehow get shot of blyth or bowman or ideally both then we should be in a position to sign another forward.

The club should make a move for Ross Lyon of Rangers.

A loan move would be fine, he'd come to Motherwell. An exceptional young man and great player.

And eh, can play left back.

If I recall correctly, is that your mates lad that you've spoken about on here before?

The club should make a move for Ross Lyon of Rangers.

A loan move would be fine, he'd come to Motherwell. An exceptional young man and great player.

And eh, can play left back.

He is a good player, and probably could play on the left, but he is a right-sided player. So why take him on loan when we have a left-sided left back the same age as him already on our books who we are developing and who doesn't go to Rangers at the end of the season?

My old man says Archie 'Baldy' Shaw was one of the best right footed left backs he'd ever seen, different era but that shouldn't stop us signing what we need, if he can play left back well I wouldn't care if he was no footed.

I'd also remind you the great Joe Wark was right footed

My old man says Archie 'Baldy' Shaw was one of the best right footed left backs he'd ever seen, different era but that shouldn't stop us signing what we need, if he can play left back well I wouldn't care if he was no footed.

My old man thinks Mrs Brown's Boys is funny :spiteful:

Seriously, though, my preference for wingers and full backs is to be naturally footed for the side the play on, but I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions.

It's one of my pet hates but the lack of ability with a weaker foot does my head in. II can accept players have a stronger foot but the attempts that really top players contort themselves to play the ball when then they could kick with their weaker foot is infuriating

• Like 3

It's one of my pet hates but the lack of ability with a weaker foot does my head in. II can accept players have a stronger foot but the attempts that really top players contort themselves to play the ball when then they could kick with their weaker foot is infuriating

Chris McCart was our biggest culprit of the last 30 years I'd say, shuffled everything to his right foot.

I am not too sure if this is correct post, but the Well Society are saying that season tickets are up 15% but with discounts etc, the income is remaining the same, so do not get too excited about the extra cash to put in for players as that will not happen.

I'm sure there is extra cash from the league this year and £230000 from celitic making the group stages of the champions league so some cash is available.

If I recall correctly, is that your mates lad that you've spoken about on here before?

Yes - Liverpool were in for him and Warburton told him he was wanted by Rangers. I don't know the new managers opinion.

A great player with a great attitude. I said 'even on a loan," because he would be cover for a problematical position. If he signed full time what a coup that would be.

He should be on the club's radar. Well worth a phone call.

I am not too sure if this is correct post, but the Well Society are saying that season tickets are up 15% but with discounts etc, the income is remaining the same, so do not get too excited about the extra cash to put in for players as that will not happen.

I give the club credit for the £20 juvenile season ticket - a good move.

Next year make it an outstanding move and make it free.

That's a job for the commercial department - go find a sponsor for the "make it free," promotion.

Chris McCart was our biggest culprit of the last 30 years I'd say, shuffled everything to his right foot.

The best one footed player I've ever seen is also one of the best I've ever seen (not just in claret and amber). What a left foot and you all know who I'm talking about!!!!

• Like 2

I give the club credit for the £20 juvenile season ticket - a good move.

Next year make it an outstanding move and make it free.

That's a job for the commercial department - go find a sponsor for the "make it free," promotion.

That is not a bad shout. I'm buying a season ticket for Charlton this season that will have my boy getting his for free

• Like 1

Yes - Liverpool were in for him and Warburton told him he was wanted by Rangers. I don't know the new managers opinion.

A great player with a great attitude. I said 'even on a loan," because he would be cover for a problematical position. If he signed full time what a coup that would be.

He should be on the club's radar. Well worth a phone call.

I guess if he's as good as you and others say and has had interest like that, then unfortunately, I would suspect the lad may have ambitions beyond Motherwell and out with our budget for anything but a loan. Of course, we may be a shop window for him but surely we would rather give that shop window opportunity to a player who could earn us a few bob?

I haven't looked him up, how old is he and when's he out of contract?

I guess if he's as good as you and others say and has had interest like that, then unfortunately, I would suspect the lad may have ambitions beyond Motherwell and out with our budget for anything but a loan. Of course, we may be a shop window for him but surely we would rather give that shop window opportunity to a player who could earn us a few bob?

I haven't looked him up, how old is he and when's he out of contract?

I think he's nineteen just now, I'm not sure when he is out of contract. I prefer we sign our own players however Robinson said he had held money back from the budget to sign a loan player later when clubs firm up their first team squads.

Left back is a problem spot for us. Ross fits the bill for our club in so many ways, including a superb professional attitude. As I say, worth a phone call to Rangers. Stephen Craigan and many others around the club know who he is and have seen him play many times.

Incidentally - our youth development is admired across the country. People I know who work with both of the Old Firm development squads are very complimentary.

Kudos to everyone involved.

• Andy_P locked this topic