The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Burton in for Boyce seemingly has a 500K buyout clause in his contract .

That Nigel Clough loves a signing from the SPFL.

Looking forward to seeing what new faces arrive this week, hopefully tomorrow is a busy day.

And modest with it too....

In terms of the point about free tickets and the connection between rising adult sales and free kids tickets you'll be aware that the club through the Wellevate scheme have been offering free tickets for U15's accompanying adult season ticket holders for a number of years yes?

2009/10 I think was introduced for the Cooper (2 kids) and a year later the East Stand for one child.

Looking forward to NASA being telt to put a man in space and credit being taken for it next time there's a rocket launch.

• Like 3

And modest with it too....

In terms of the point about free tickets and the connection between rising adult sales and free kids tickets you'll be aware that the club through the Wellevate scheme have been offering free tickets for U15's accompanying adult season ticket holders for a number of years yes?

Yes I know that - you'll be aware I posted months ago of the importance of issuing season tickets direct to the kids. Give the kids a sense of ownership, don't make them add ons.

This is not rocket science - the club has a realistic spare capacity of 6,000 seats. Give 3,000 of them direct to the kids and watch our support soar as the kids drive adults to attend with them, the opposite affect of the current scheme.

By the way, the club email marketing is still somewhere between poor and dire, which is a pity because a lot of their social media marketing is good. There are legal restrictions in email marketing to kids, I'm not proposing the club does that, but the email marketing to adults has to improve.

On this thread we have had people say they forgot about the £20.00 kids ticket - a missed opportunity. An email reminder to the adult fan base may have picked up several more.

On top of that - broken record time - this forum should be doing more to support the club marketing. Last week I had the temerity to start a thread highlighting the club videos - that wee idiot came on to the thread and moaned about it. A fine example of denigrating an effort to HIGHLIGHT club media. Staggering in it's stupidity.

One of you mods should be running a fundraising thread for the Les Hutchison double your money offer.

One of you mods should be running a "have you bought your season ticket," thread.

I note the club promoting a comedy night - no mention of it here? maybe I missed it.

So how about ya'll starting to use the heid and use this forum to promote the club and the club social media.

2009/10 I think was introduced for the Cooper (2 kids) and a year later the East Stand for one child.

Looking forward to NASA being telt to put a man in space and credit being taken for it next time there's a rocket launch.

You really are a sanctimonious clown.

Yes I know that - you'll be aware I posted months ago of the importance of issuing season tickets direct to the kids. Give the kids a sense of ownership, don't make them add ons.

The kids aren't add ons. Adults and kids tickets are in conjunction with one another. The weans get their own ticket and have done for the last eight years the scheme has been in operation.

This is not rocket science - the club has a realistic spare capacity of 6,000 seats. Give 3,000 of them direct to the kids and watch our support soar as the kids drive adults to attend with them, the opposite affect of the current scheme.

By the way, the club email marketing is still somewhere between poor and dire, which is a pity because a lot of their social media marketing is good. There are legal restrictions in email marketing to kids, I'm not proposing the club does that, but the email marketing to adults has to improve.

On this thread we have had people say they forgot about the £20.00 kids ticket - a missed opportunity. An email reminder to the adult fan base may have picked up several more.

On top of that - broken record time - this forum should be doing more to support the club marketing. Last week I had the temerity to start a thread highlighting the club videos - that wee idiot came on to the thread and moaned about it. A fine example of denigrating an effort to HIGHLIGHT club media. Staggering in it's stupidity.

One of you mods should be running a fundraising thread for the Les Hutchison double your money offer.

One of you mods should be running a "have you bought your season ticket," thread.

I note the club promoting a comedy night - no mention of it here? maybe I missed it.

So how about ya'll starting to use the heid and use this forum to promote the club and the club social media.

This forum should........Yes you are a bit of a broken road for the umpeenth time mistaking a couple of folk keeping an eye on an unofficial forum with the work of a football club's marketing department.

And I'll repeat again what I said the last time your came away with the Mods do this, Mods do that rant. What's stopping you doing it if you feel it merits it? The floor is yours. Nobody is stopping you.

And better still rather than lecturing other posters when they don't share your enthusiasm for the marketing gospel according to CMWellfan have you actually taken your ideas and suggestions to the folk at the Well Society and the club itself?

Exiles Club the WS recently launched - idea from a supporter. Flexi Ticket the club launched a year or two back - idea from a supporter. So if you do forward your suggestions to the appropriate people and they find some merit in them the chances are you'll get a fair hearing with folk that are actually in a position to implement some of what you demand.

• Like 14

Completely agree with Andy, we aren't an Official Forum for Motherwell Football Club, we are here to give fans a place to vent their hopes, frustrations etc for the Team they follow.

If you want to discuss this further, please get in touch by PM or start a new thread, stop hijacking others, this thread is supposed to be for the Rebuild of the team. Please lets keep it that way.

• Like 7

:dash2::dash2::dash2:

• Like 1

While not mentioning him specifically, the Coventry fans seem happy to be rid of all the players that are leaving as they not are not being offered a new contract. Not surprising as they've been relegated but they seem to consider them all as dross.

This Andy Rose guy looks like he has a decent pedigree, good few seasons in the MLS. I'm encouraged by the way things are shaping up. Wonder if this could mean a 5 in midfield. Prior to this I was thinking we would shape up something like the below but not sure.

Carson

Tait Heneghan CB LB

McHugh Bigirimana

Cadden Tanner Frear

Moult

I'm really hoping that we see some defenders arrive soon. For me this should be priority. Said this before but if we start another season with the same defence we are in big trouble. We need to invest in a replacement for McManus and someone with some pace at left back as Hammell needs to start on the bench this season. If we can get two first team defenders in and another striker I would be fairly confident for the season ahead. I'm really hopeful McHugh is being put in midfield this year and not staying at the back in a partnership with Heneghan

While not mentioning him specifically, the Coventry fans seem happy to be rid of all the players that are leaving as they not are not being offered a new contract. Not surprising as they've been relegated but they seem to consider them all as dross.

I think there's an element of seethe there with Bigirimana as he was a player they gave a chance to who then bolted to Newcastle who then came back and who has now jumped ship to us after they've been relegated. Prior to him being announced as a Motherwell player he was someone they were talking about building their team around: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-must-re-sign-12941773

As far as Rose goes then who knows at 6ft 2 and if he's the box to box midfielder that's been suggested then he sounds like a bit of a replacement for Pearson in a box ticking sense.

Another defensive midfielder when we have McHugh, Campbell and Bigirmana (who I believe is a deep lying midfielder if not strictly a defensive one) seems excessive. If he can play right back as well, is he being brought in as a squad player?

As someone else stated, starting to sound like Carl McHugh at centre back...

• Like 2

• Andy_P locked this topic