The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I think there's an element of seethe there with Bigirimana as he was a player they gave a chance to who then bolted to Newcastle who then came back and who has now jumped ship to us after they've been relegated. Prior to him being announced as a Motherwell player he was someone they were talking about building their team around: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-must-re-sign-12941773

As far as Rose goes then who knows at 6ft 2 and if he's the box to box midfielder that's been suggested then he sounds like a bit of a replacement for Pearson in a box ticking sense.

I agree with the comment regarding Bigirimana but I believe they were hoping he would stay. The consensus of opinion on the players being allowed to leave was that they were happy to be rid of them. They're having a bit of a clear out after a poor season like us - happy to be taking one of their better players but not so sure about us taking one they don't consider good enough.

Seems like quite a lot of midfielders on the face of it.

Maybe McHugh will move to centre half permanently? Or maybe he's leaving?....

Stupidly I haven't entertained the thought of McHugh catching someone's eye and us receiving a bid for him...

I agree with the comment regarding Bigirimana but I believe they were hoping he would stay. The consensus of opinion on the players being allowed to leave was that they were happy to be rid of them. They're having a bit of a clear out after a poor season like us - happy to be taking one of their better players but not so sure about us taking one they don't consider good enough.

It depends where you look tbh. There's a thread on Coventry's fan forum where people are talking him up as a good player (at the start of last season). He was part of the Coventry side that finished 8th in 2015/16 having signed in the January window that season. He missed half of last season through injury (a bad concussion and it seems he picked up a knee injury).

I'm not going to pretend I know much about him but given I had the fear that we'd be going into pre-season with another Vanarama recruitment approach I'm quite open to seeing how we get on with someone from League 1 and 100+ appearances at MLS level.

It depends where you look tbh. There's a thread on Coventry's fan forum where people are talking him up as a good player (at the start of last season). He missed half of last season through injury (a bad concussion IIRC).

I'm not going to pretend I know much about him but given I had the fear that we'd be going into pre-season with another Vanarama recruitment approach I'm quite open to seeing how we get on with someone from League 1 and 100+ appearances at MLS level.

He got a whopper of an injury. Fell awkardly and done his medial ligaments and as he fell also got a concussion in the process. Double dunter.

I wouldn't call him a defensive midfielder, he's not the type of player to just "sit" in front of the back four as his athleticism is probably his main attribute. He certainly never played in defence for Coventry but was used for a spell as a right wing back, more down to his athleticism again.

Whilst I considered Bigirimana a surprise and something of a coup, signing Rose isn't quite as spectacular as that and I'd probably view him in the mould that he'll be a good signing and the type of player I'm happy we're pursuing, having signed Craig Clay in the same position last season (no harm to the guy but I just don't think he's upto it).

• Like 1

I'd always welcome Quinn back, particularly with the diminishing contribution of Lasley and Hammell, however I thought injuries were starting to catch up with him.

Talking of ex Motherwell defenders, I wonder where Nicky Devlin will end up. Left Ayr and seemingly one of the best players in the Championship last season.

I'd always welcome Quinn back, particularly with the diminishing contribution of Lasley and Hammell, however I thought injuries were starting to catch up with him.

Talking of ex Motherwell defenders, I wonder where Nicky Devlin will end up. Left Ayr and seemingly one of the best players in the Championship last season.

Linked with Dundee United...

Played the whole season whilst out injured for half of it? Wow. Still a no from me :negative:

I saw that he made 33 appearances so assumed that was the whole season. I don't really care about Ross county, so I just based my post on what I saw online.

I saw that he made 33 appearances so assumed that was the whole season. I don't really care about Ross county, so I just based my post on what I saw online.

He's managed 1 full game since Feb 4th and missed the last 10 games with a knee injury. Made 19 league appearances in all.

I saw his name linked with us via an obviously fake #ITK account on Twitter but in honesty after the Zak Jules experience last season it wouldn't be entirely surprising if we were looking at another experienced centre half and I'd have thought it'd be quite a difficult sell if we were pitching the role as cover.

The Sun, who revealed the imminent Cummings move, reporting Hibs are interested in Stewart and Moult.

Tbf it's the same journo who made up the story about us being in for Willo Flood. The article is bizarre, it's literally half a sentence tacken on at the end of the piece saying Moult could move because he's in the final year of his contract.

Had it been Kenny Millar that had written it up I'd have taken it a bit more seriously.

Tbf it's the same journo who made up the story about us being in for Willo Flood. The article is bizarre, it's literally half a sentence tacken on at the end of the piece saying Moult could move because he's in the final year of his contract.

Had it been Kenny Millar that had written it up I'd have taken it a bit more seriously.

The retweet from Kenny Millar is why I'm taking it seriously but yeah, not the best of articles.

The retweet from Kenny Millar is why I'm taking it seriously but yeah, not the best of articles.

He RT'd the Flood one as well tbf.

In honesty I'd have thought we'd be looking to sell Moult into the same sort of market Hibs have just moved Cummings to rather than move him on to a direct rival. It really just depends who's actually interested I suppose.

• Andy_P locked this topic