The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Rose confirmed and then this little bit in the interview:

He added: “We’ve also secured the signing of a left-sided defender who has Championship and League One experience and will do pre-season with us before we announce the signing.”

He added: Weve also secured the signing of a left-sided defender who has Championship and League One experience and will do pre-season with us before we announce the signing.

Is it just me that finds this odd? If you have secured his signing, surely you announce it? Otherwise it's just a player coming on trial...
  • Like 2

Is it just me that finds this odd? If you have secured his signing, surely you announce it? Otherwise it's just a player coming on trial...

Maybe his current registration/contract doesn't expire until the end of the month.

Maybe just teasing the muppets like us that'll go searching for a name. Otherwise, a player under contract to end of June - it is a bid odd though.

Hopefully more news to come today.

Slightly underwhelmed with today's business, two midfielders from a relegated club dosnt fill me with hope but will give them a chance.

Some of the names like Scougall and Greg Stewart mentioned and interview with Burrows saying he was excited dosnt seem to come to much, but maybe I'm just being negative

Surely then we announce the player as being signed on a precontract? Like I say, just struck me as strange...

Only if he has signed a pre-contract - those only cover specific scenarios. These days there could be all sorts of deals, clauses, options, extensions, bonuses, cross border exceptions, development fees and who knows what else that can play a part in timings and cost of a deal.

He added: Weve also secured the signing of a left-sided defender who has Championship and League One experience and will do pre-season with us before we announce the signing.

Aaron Taylor Sinclair?

Slightly underwhelmed with today's business, two midfielders from a relegated club dosnt fill me with hope but will give them a chance.

Some of the names like Scougall and Greg Stewart mentioned and interview with Burrows saying he was excited dosnt seem to come to much, but maybe I'm just being negative

I think we just need to be patient. We are probably looking at 10+ signings this summer and they will vary in quality, experience and anticipated contribution.

Burrows enthusiasm suggests to me that we'll make a number of signings at the Moult/McHugh end of the spectrum. To date, I'd say Bigi and Carson probably fit into that category. My hunch is that the proposed attacking midfielder will be along similar lines.

The left back might be injured so couldn't pass a medical at the minute perhaps? We might be waiting until he's fit and the medical ticked off before we can announce it, albeit the contract has been agreed.

Id put money on Aaron Taylor-Sinclair for the left back.Played for Wigan in the championship,Doncaster in league one and is currently a free agent.Would keep with Robinson looking for a Scottish core to the team. Plus is only recently "back" from a serious knee injury

Whoop whoop.

Defenders apparently Charles Dunne, was signed by Robinson at Oldham but is currently out injured which I imagine is part of the problem with him officially signing.

Got a cracking haircut so anyone going to watch pre-season training, he should stand out a mile.

Cheer up mate..........Tanner got promoted........that's four out of five came from relegated clubs

We need players that know the league. If we pick off 10 players from relegated League 1 and League 2 sides we are taking a huge risk, especially since Robinson's record in management isn't exactly sparkling.

Seems to me we are going down the Baraclough January route again. We only just got away with that the first time.

"Cross your fingers and hope this dressing room of strangers" gels looks like the grand plan.

• Like 2

I did mention Adam Chicksen a while back....he definitely fits Robinsons description, though can't see any reason for delay of announcement other than he's out of the country.

I'm probably miles oot....but would be a really good signing for us

• Andy_P locked this topic