The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Up until last year when the football league I help run started a feed, I always thought Twitter was that bit on my mrs between her Twat n her Shitter!

I can handle Facebook, but really why do we need more social media for cunts to bury their heads in their phones instead of actually talking. And now we have club officials getting it tight because they dare to interact with fans on it. Ban Twitter! And Instagram too, no cunt needs to see incessant selfies of some ropey bird , that obligatory beer shot at the airport or wtf youve had for your tea that day. What a fuckin world we live in

• Like 1

Up until last year when the football league I help run started a feed, I always thought Twitter was that bit on my mrs between her Twat n her Shitter!

I can handle Facebook, but really why do we need more social media for cunts to bury their heads in their phones instead of actually talking. And now we have club officials getting it tight because they dare to interact with fans on it. Ban Twitter! And Instagram too, no cunt needs to see incessant selfies of some ropey bird , that obligatory beer shot at the airport or wtf youve had for your tea that day. What a fuckin world we live in

Let's ban internet football forums while we're at it.

Deary me.

Said it before I find it sad that he touts the clubs activities on his own Twitter account...it lacks professionalism. You don't see people in his position at other clubs doing this. Smack of a wee bit of wanting to be the fan's pal. Others will welcome the openness, not for me.

giphy.gif

As a couple have mentioned you look at other clubs like St Johnstone, Accies, Thistle etc and you have fans moaning about hearing nothing from the clubs or those in similar positions to Burrows and he's getting grief here for dropping a couple of informal tweets with a bit of news as to things to look out for. He's got fans tweeting his personal account on what seems like an hourly basis asking about everything from new signings to a scoreboard FFS.

You could possibly level an "unprofessional" accusation if we were making actual announcements via his personal Twitter but that's not what's happening here. All the announcements will be made through the various official channels and that's the difference IMO. It's not even as if the info he's shared is done in a show-y, "look at me" way like a Darragh MacAnthony-type character.

Burrows has informally given a heads up about a series of announcements that will be happening today. Honestly, fans at other clubs would welcome that sort of thing.

• Like 3

I've got to say I'm not a lover of Burrows, however on occasions when I have had a question or situation to deal with and I have contacted him on twitter I have always had a response. So while I don't overly like the guy, I don't think there is anything wrong with him using his own twitter account to interact.

• Like 1

Imagine being the kind of person who tweets the personal account of a guy who works at the club, asking about when we're signing somebody.

Away and get a fucking life.

This.

Whilst it's great that Alan is approachable and interacts with fans, the guys that tweet him every day asking the same bloody questions must do his head in.

Let the guy get on with his day job. I'm sure we'll all hear when the club sign someone.

Noticed yesterday there was two guys having an argument with Ryan Murrant on twitter as well that started from one of them asking about sitting in the dugout during a game or something like that. Weird.

Said it before I find it sad that he touts the clubs activities on his own Twitter account...it lacks professionalism. You don't see people in his position at other clubs doing this. Smack of a wee bit of wanting to be the fan's pal. Others will welcome the openness, not for me.

Can't really agree.

He is being approachable to the fans through social media which is a massive positive over other clubs and probably stems from his own passions for the club.

Should he be sharing very sensitive stuff with fans - ie. naming the player we are going sign, commenting on controversial refereeing discussions, making comment on players, etc then it would be a massive issue. But he doesn't, so what harm is there?

I was far from convinced from his appointment and has got a lot right and a lot wrong in my eyes during his time at the helm as he learns on the job. Unlike some, I do believe he is culpable to criticism when merited.

However, on this occasion you are absolutely miles out though, clutching at straws and making a perceived positive by the majority a negative.

If your using twitter for selfies, beer shots and breakfast, then your doing it wrong!

I could ditch scudbook in a minute. Twitter, for me however is a valuable source of info (if you follow the right sites and not wallopers who post selfies!)

• Like 1

Hitc reporting a few Premiership sides are interested in Louis Laing. Think this could be us? Maybe it was McGhees decision to get rid of him and Robinson liked him?

Complete speculation but that's what this summer is all about. Just a thought.

Hitc reporting a few Premiership sides are interested in Louis Laing. Think this could be us? Maybe it was McGhees decision to get rid of him and Robinson liked him?

Really don't see us being in for him.

Given Laing's parting shot when he left it'd seem very unlikely.

I'd imagine if Premiership sides are interested then it'd be someone like Accies or Killie that would be interested. Killie only have something like 4 defenders on their books at the moment and one of them is from their dev side. The same piece indicates that League 1 sides in England might be in for him as well so I'd have thought if he was going to end up anywhere through choice then he'd be back down south.

Apparently we have three defenders training with us so we can have a closer look at them...

I'm really hoping that Robinson puts a big emphasis on defensive recruitment. IMO we need at least 1 first team centre back and left back. We can't go another season with the same defensive core. Plenty of time yet but hoping we see some recruits in this area from a decent level sooner rather than later.

The thought of only Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell at the back again gives me the fear. Tait and Heneghan maybe but not the other two.

I'm really hoping that Robinson puts a big emphasis on defensive recruitment. IMO we need at least 1 first team centre back and left back. We can't go another season with the same defensive core. Plenty of time yet but hoping we see some recruits in this area from a decent level sooner rather than later.

The thought of only Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell at the back again gives me the fear. Tait and Heneghan maybe but not the other two.

I think we all agree that the defence needs work but you have to remember we have signed a new goalkeeper and several midfielders. You would hope that these signings would help the defensive side of things before you even get new defenders

Having said that, my concern is (and I've already said this) that we're looking at trialists in this area. Smacks very much of last season's approach to centre midfield when we ended up with Clay and Lucas who were not seen as massive success stories. It may be that like the rumoured left back, Dunne, these are players that Robinson is already aware of and just wants to check their fitness or how they fit in with the rest of the squad but my concern with trialists is always that you're at the point of last resort and end up getting a body in just to make up the numbers who won't really contribute...

I think we all agree that the defence needs work but you have to remember we have signed a new goalkeeper and several midfielders. You would hope that these signings would help the defensive side of things before you even get new defenders

Having said that, my concern is (and I've already said this) that we're looking at trialists in this area. Smacks very much of last season's approach to centre midfield when we ended up with Clay and Lucas who were not seen as massive success stories. It may be that like the rumoured left back, Dunne, these are players that Robinson is already aware of and just wants to check their fitness or how they fit in with the rest of the squad but my concern with trialists is always that you're at the point of last resort and end up getting a body in just to make up the numbers who won't really contribute...

I'd agree with you if we were at the tail end of pre-season and scrambling around in the way that Hartley seemed to with Dundee and Accies regularly do but we're still in the middle of June. I'd hang fire until you actually find out who the trialists are tbh.

TBH, I don't have a problem with trialists any more than I have a problem with job interviews. In fact, I think it's a better way to get an idea of how a player will fit into the squad than watching them play in a different team with a different system in a lower league.

It's all about how we make use of the opportunity to assess them.

TBH, I don't have a problem with trialists any more than I have a problem with job interviews. In fact, I think it's a better way to get an idea of how a player will fit into the squad than watching them play in a different team with a different system in a lower league.

It's all about how we make use of the opportunity to assess them.

Yeah. I'm with this as well. If we'd just signed someone no-one would have made the comparison, regardless of quality. Taking them away with us to Ireland, getting them playing, seeing whether they fit in the squad and giving them more of a go is a solid plan, for me.

I've been wondering if Robinson's emphasis on 'Character' at the end of the season may play a factor in our recruitment as well, so that gives him the chance to assess that as well.

There are examples where trialists have worked out very well for us. I'm not saying using that method of identifying players doesn't have its place.

My concern (and it's only a concern, I'm not demanding resignations or anything like that over it) is that we released two defenders at the end of the season (three if you count Jules loan spell ending). We ended the season with midfielders at centre back and right back. I would imagine that due to this we would have had a list of targets for that area. I would imagine that we would only be looking at trialists before signing a single defender if we were unable to secure any of the targets on our list. That concerns me.

As it is, I'm kind of hoping that a better keeper and a better midfield will take some of the strain off our defence...

When are people going to get it into their heads that Louis Laing is fucking garbage? Accies level signing - at best.

• Andy_P locked this topic