The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

There are examples where trialists have worked out very well for us. I'm not saying using that method of identifying players doesn't have its place.

My concern (and it's only a concern, I'm not demanding resignations or anything like that over it) is that we released two defenders at the end of the season (three if you count Jules loan spell ending). We ended the season with midfielders at centre back and right back. I would imagine that due to this we would have had a list of targets for that area. I would imagine that we would only be looking at trialists before signing a single defender if we were unable to secure any of the targets on our list. That concerns me.

As it is, I'm kind of hoping that a better keeper and a better midfield will take some of the strain off our defence...

Carl McHugh didn't sign until the 5th of July last year and he was one of the clubs major signings last summer. Just because they haven't signed yet doesn't mean they won't, if anything it might just take a wee bit longer to convince certain targets to sign.

In the meantime it doesn't do anyone any harm to have a look at a few other players just in case, plus you never know who or what might turn up on your door step. At the very least it gives you other options if certain deals fall through, so you're not panic signing boys on loan just before the window shuts without having ever seen them play.

As it is, I'm kind of hoping that a better keeper and a better midfield will take some of the strain off our defence...

I certainly hope so too. A striker who can hold the ball up will help also. It will help our defenders if they are protected by a more mobile and defensively aware midfield and they have confidence in a stopper behind them, for whom they don't have to adapt and compromise their own game.

If your using twitter for selfies, beer shots and breakfast, then your doing it wrong!

I could ditch scudbook in a minute. Twitter, for me however is a valuable source of info (if you follow the right sites and not wallopers who post selfies!)

Ive never used or wanted to use any other sicial media. I loathe using facebook,its only good for slagging mates and having the odd rant lol

Ive just never understood the obsession with all these platforms. Anyway, we digress from the thread!

Ive never used or wanted to use any other sicial media. I loathe using facebook,its only good for slagging mates and having the odd rant lol

Ive just never understood the obsession with all these platforms. Anyway, we digress from the thread!

Staggering stuff. Do you have any idea how much businesses and individuals make from Facebook? And that includes MFC?

This very day there's someone on Twitter asking if they could buy the superb Lasley tribute photo.

Our club social media images are excellent. The club is poor at monetizing them. If they were better at it more money would be available for rebuilding the squad.

Which brings us right back on topic.

There are people out there who would pay for Motherwell players to come round and shite on their mantlepiece.

What's wrong with wanting pictures of their heroes ? I've a davie cooper signed top and ticket on my wall.

So guess I should've got him to shit in my kettle ?

What a knob knocking fans wanting reminders of their heros.

No i don't know him. Watched him play a few times and impressed. Not just my opinion either. By best signing I meant in 3 or 4 years from now. Maybe my comment was too subtle for you.

Fair enough mate, hopefully he turns out to be a cracker, so many kids can be hyped up and it just goes backwards like we've seen many time before

I don't know him, but I think Villageman is right. Semple is one of our youngsters that some big clubs down south were sniffing around.

No disrespect to the boy but there were folk who got released from the academy and signed for clubs down south and it's probably because all these boys have agents but he did play in the victory shield but only time will tell

No disrespect to the boy but there were folk who got released from the academy and signed for clubs down south and it's probably because all these boys have agents but he did play in the victory shield but only time will tell

Oh, I agree it's all ifs and buts at this stage of his career, but if the stories were to be believed, the big boys in the EPL are closely monitoring his progress.

But delighted he is continuing his development with us.

Who got released and signed up in England?

From what I've seen from Semple in the Scotland games, he looks a terrific prospect.

Staggering stuff. Do you have any idea how much businesses and individuals make from Facebook? And that includes MFC?

This very day there's someone on Twitter asking if they could buy the superb Lasley tribute photo.

Our club social media images are excellent. The club is poor at monetizing them. If they were better at it more money would be available for rebuilding the squad.

Which brings us right back on topic.

I know fine well how much money can be made from social media. Doesnt mean I have to like or use all platforms myself.

I think the biggest trick the club are missing is hiring yourself as Social Media & Marketing guru! Then we could have wee Lanarkshire vikings cutting around football stadiums the world over clapping like a golf fan on coke and making the club so much money our signing targets for next summer will be Higuain,Messi,Ronaldo and Martyn Waghorn

• Like 2

I know fine well how much money can be made from social media. Doesnt mean I have to like or use all platforms myself.

I think the biggest trick the club are missing is hiring yourself as Social Media & Marketing guru! Then we could have wee Lanarkshire vikings cutting around football stadiums the world over clapping like a golf fan on coke and making the club so much money our signing targets for next summer will be Higuain,Messi,Ronaldo and Martyn Waghorn

• Andy_P locked this topic