The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

It makes sense, if what I heard about McManus hanging up his boots this summer being true...

What exactly did you hear Mitch?

McHugh would seem to be a good choice, and although only 24 seems to have leadership qualities. With that appointment will surely come a wage rise?

Nothing concrete. Just that the injury he picked up in the second half of the season was going to restrict his ability to perform at this level. Only time will tell.

If that is indeed the case, and it wouldn't surprise me then we'll need at least 2 new central defenders.

What exactly did you hear Mitch?

McHugh would seem to be a good choice, and although only 24 seems to have leadership qualities. With that appointment will surely come a wage rise?

You'd like to think that a contract is pretty much done and dusted if we are making a guy with currently 1 year left the new captain.

• Like 3

You'd like to think that a contract is pretty much done and dusted if we are making a guy with currently 1 year left the new captain.

I wouldn't quite say it reads as done and dusted to me but before you encroach into financial discussions there's few things more than you can do a player to show how coveted he is than to hand him your club's captaincy.

Interesting that two of the six summer signings so far are for one year only? ( Griffiths and Rose ) .

I'm maybe more surprised by Griffiths signing for one year.

Congrats to McHugh, make us all happy and sign a contract extension please.

Over the moon with McHugh being appointed captain. Encouraged Robinson seems to be wiping the slate clean. Might be nothing but hoping the description of McHugh as a midfielder in the tweet is an indication that Robison won't be employing him as a centre back this season.

• Like 1

Heard a rumour this morning that ourselves and Dundee are after Stephen Hendrie, been released by West Ham..

My oldest lad used to play with him at boys club level. One of only two times I seen a Motherwell Scout out and about as well. His club Garnkirk were playing at a tournament at Rossvale and Stephen was approached and asked to consider a trial at Motherwell. Last was end of season and last I heard of him until he appeared at Accies, was so disappointed he hadn't come to our side of the motorway.

If he is available, he has to be worth a look at.Hopefully he sees sense this time if a contract is offered :)

Interesting that two of the six summer signings so far are for one year only? ( Griffiths and Rose ) .

I'm maybe more surprised by Griffiths signing for one year.

Congrats to McHugh, make us all happy and sign a contract extension please.

It's possibly just been something that suits both parties. He doesn't need to rush out and find a new club after being released, and can consider what he wants to do while he's somewhere familiar with a shot at game time. We need a decent keeper to challenge for the #1 spot and provide viable cover. Win win.

Delighted with the news about McHugh, he displayed some real character this season and seems to have the respect of his team-mates. Also indicates how highly he is rated by Robinson. A contract extension would be mightily appreciated...

Yes. Another name that's been rumoured is fellow left back Matthew Briggs. Imagine photos from training will emerge soon enough.

Plus the lad Dunne from Oldham! Many left back names mentioned now

From doing a quick, basic bit of research, Tuton looks like a pacey striker, albeit, unprolific striker who is 25 and spent last season with Barrow in the English non leagues.

Dembele is a 6ft 3 centre half who is a good League Two defender down south, but has never really been higher (apart from 7 games for Stade Rennais at the start of his career).

Very good find however Well 4 Europe!

• Andy_P locked this topic