The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

He doesn't mince his words does he? "players we need to get out of the club"

I'd assume we're still talking at least Blyth and clay. Bowman does offer something, and I don't think we have any forwards knocking on the door from the u20s, so I'd expect us to have 4 in that area.

I guess we're not going for tuton then?

He did say at the weekend that we could offer two of the three a contract but we'd need to shift bodies on to bring in anyone else. So Tuton could still get an offer, whether it's with Dembele knocking us back or a couple of bodies out is probably the dilemma.

He did say at the weekend that we could offer two of the three a contract but we'd need to shift bodies on to bring in anyone else. So Tuton could still get an offer, whether it's with Dembele knocking us back or a couple of bodies out is probably the dilemma.

Why would we offer a striker a deal if a central defender knocks us back? Surely we'd be looking for an alternative centre back in that scenario.

He also said he'd like to add a "pacy" striker, by omission I'd say we're probably not going to follow up on Tuton. Who knows? We might if as you say, we get bodies out the door, but there was nothing in Robinson's interview last night to suggest that we'd be making an offer. He was similarly non-committal at the weekend.

I think he might be actively looking to get a few of the youngsters out the door for a season...particularly in midfield.

We now have, McHugh, Rose, Bigirimana, Clay, and Tanner all competing for starting berths in the middle of the park, with Cadden and Frear almost nailed on starters out wide...I'd imagine that the likes of Thomas (what happened to the Southend move?), Campbell, Hastie, McMillan and McLean could be shipped out for at least a while. How much money that saves us each month is anyones guess though.

I think he might be actively looking to get a few of the youngsters out the door for a season...particularly in midfield.

We now have, McHugh, Rose, Bigirimana, Clay, and Tanner all competing for starting berths in the middle of the park, with Cadden and Frear almost nailed on starters out wide...I'd imagine that the likes of Thomas (what happened to the Southend move?), Campbell, Hastie, McMillan and McLean could be shipped out for at least a while. How much money that saves us each month is anyones guess though.

To add to that, Craigan said in one of his post-match interviews at the end of the January window that he felt that he'd have liked to have got more of the u20 group out on loan but was limited by the situation with the first team squad. IIRC he specifically said he felt both Hastie and Turnbull would benefit from loan spells playing competitive games.

Much like you, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if that was a view that was shared with regards McMillan (who had a bit of a tough spell last season) etc.

Presumably Trevor Carson has picked up a knock in training? He's not even made the bench so far.

Robinson said post match last night Carson had picked up a 'strange/weird' injury (can't remember the precise wording' but he has trained and would be involved on Saturday.

Robinson said post match last night Carson had picked up a 'strange/weird' injury (can't remember the precise wording' but he has trained and would be involved on Saturday.

He said the strange injury was Alex Fisher and Carson was more for protection issue

• Like 1

I'm sorry I just don't buy this at all. Do you believe clubs have parity across their team in terms of wages? It's a reality of the game that the star players get the most money. Not everyone is on the same wage, not even close. A lot of them will be on similar money but the prized asset should be on the most if they are playing the best. The dressing room being totally unhappy over this is a total exaggeration in my opinion. Crazy that people are making an argument to pay some of the above the same as Moult

Fair enough, it makes absolutely no difference to me whether you buy it or not. You're last sentence is a result of some spectacular mis-reading though.

Rotten so far. Kipre looks decent.

I thought he was okay against Stirling. Looked like he might know what a game of football was, which put him up on Chalmers and Jules.

Need to assume that Robinson has seen enough of him over the last couple of weeks to think Kipré offers us something. Unlike Clay and Lucas last summer when we had them playing in the league cup as trialists so disorganised were we, at least we're signing a trialist when we have time to look at other options so you'd hope it wasn't a case of panicking and signing him simply because he's available...

He's been with us for a couple of weeks, so it's clear the manager sees something in him. we really need competition in that area, as at the moment Ben, tait, and mick pretty much know their name is on the teamsheet.

I'm eagerly awaiting the first departure from the club just to find out who Robinson apparently hates

• Like 1

Dembele was much more accomplished against Stirling.

Wasn't at the Livingston match but based on what I've seen it kind of worries me a bit.

Dembele at 29, Kipre at 20 I think I'd expect that. Hopefully we can sign up Dembele too but seems to competition from down south and given his age money might talk.

Not much scope for selling on if he performs well this season with only a 1 year deal, unless the club have an option to extend.

I think the gaffer is hedging his bets as he can't get rid of the folk given 2 year deals last year

• Andy_P locked this topic