The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I'm sure Aberdeen put in a bid for Marvin Johnson a few years ago that was nowhere near what we eventually got from Oxford. As with Cadden to Hearts, I doubt anyone in Scotland outwith the OF would be able to offer anything close to our valuation of players. Even with the Hayes money I'd be surprised it Aberdeen are prepared to chuck £500k+ at one player.

Preston were supposed to want £500k or as close to what they paid for him. I seem to remember reading Aberdeen weren't able to go higher than £300k.

From what I can gather thats outwith Aberdeen's budget. So, £500k (or more if we value Moult higher than that) would also appear to be outwith the Dons' budget. If they are seriously interested they should meet our asking price and thereby avoid wasting everyone's time and getting folks backs up.

They paid about 300k for Kenny McLean. So that might be where that figure is coming from

Nah, they're "reported" to have had a 2nd bid of £300k for him knocked back and that was prior to Alex Neil being appointed as their new manager. Given he worked with May at Accies and PNE are reported to have paid £800k for May in the first place I can't really see them having much luck getting him. Not if they're only offering £300k anyway.

The Sun (who had us in for Willo Flood lest we forget) have picked up the rumour and are running it as an "exclusive" however it's all unsubstantiated: if they don't get May they could turn to Moult-type thing.

Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere (it may have been P&B so hardly concrete fact) that what was reported as being paid for McLean was inflated. The actual figure was supposedly closer to £175k.

Having said that Aberdeen have just taken £1.5k for Hayes and they've got fresh investment at board level. Given McInnes knocked Sunderland back to stick around you'd think he'd be expecting to be backed by the club in recruiting players. In honesty I still think that if Moult was to move then it'd be down south as the majority of our transfer business seems to be cross border.

It's all relative, I suppose, but I wouldn't underestimate Aberdeen's finances at the moment.

I wouldn't over estimate it either. They lost £2mm last financial year. They have a new investor, he put in £100k but is mainly to try and develop "brand" in USA where he lives. They do have Hayes money but a fairly hefty wage bill.

• Like 1

Moult can sign a pre contract after Christmas. If he's not sold this window we won't get anything for him, so we aren't in a strong negotiating position unless there was a bidding war between a few clubs. It might be its better to keep him and let him go next season depending on what clubs are willing to offer. I know we have offered him a new contract but taking off the. Motherwell specs he'd be mad to sign it.

Off the back of the last two games i would be surprised if bowman is one of the guys he's actively trying to move on, hes getting game time and he's scoring goals, as well as playing quite well. I'm actually a fan of him, although he cant time a header, he's strong and surprisingly quick for a big guy. definitely a player there, a few goals pre-season, bit of confidence and he will get 10+ this season.

Bowman is doing well just now because the vast majority of Scottish footballers have been boozing and eating shite on their time off and he has obviously being doing the 'herbal life' cycle.

I am sorry cannot see that happening Moult to Aberdeen, even if they could afford the fee cannot see Aberdeen paying more than double he will get with us, I am sure he will end up in English Championship or first division where they pay a lot more than Aberdeen can afford.

I think Craig Brown said a few years ago that most of the Premier league clubs in Scotland were competing with English 2nd Division in wages and cannot see Aberdeen competing much more than that.

I think thats an absolute non-starter as well...from what I've heard his Mrs wants back down the road, not up the road to the back of beyond. His stock is high just now, and if he's going to leave us he'll be looking to maximise his wages, he wont do that going to Aberdeen. Also, heard a rumour last week that his injury is worse than they thought and he might need another operation.

I do wonder if Moult's injury problems with his groin, stemming back to the end of 2015/16 season when he played through an undiagnosed issue, could put a hault to a significant move.

Last summer he played with pain killing injections when required before getting his operation. This summer, Robinson doesn't appear to be particularly clear on when Moult will be ready to return.

I do wonder if Moult's injury problems with his groin, stemming back to the end of 2015/16 season when he played through an undiagnosed issue, could put a hault to a significant move.

Last summer he played with pain killing injections when required before getting his operation. This summer, Robinson doesn't appear to be particularly clear on when Moult will be ready.

It's not the same injury rather the same type on the other groin. He's about a month in recovery so expecting to be involved soon. Rangers first game was the target set by Mr Robinson...

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic