The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I'm a big fan of Burrows but I also very much doubt that he'd come straight out on Twitter and say that Moult has knocked back the contract offer at this point in time as it'd undermine the little leverage we have. As long as the deal is on the table and viewed as an option then the club can negotiate to a point.

There are also shades of grey there as well. Devils advocating here but he could easily have said it'd be his preference to move this window but he'll still consider the contract extension. I'd say it really depends on who is actually interested and who comes in for him.

• Like 2

Flow confirmed on twitter a few of hours ago that we haven't had an answer from Louis yet in regards to the contract extension.

Maybe in the end he won't extend his deal but I doubt Steelboy or his source would know before the CEO of the club.

That's right, players don't talk...

I'm a big fan of Burrows but I also very much doubt that he'd come straight out on Twitter and say that Moult has knocked back the contract offer at this point in time as it'd undermine the little leverage we have.

I doubt he would either. But in that case I'd expect him to say nothing at all since he has no need to do so (especially on Twitter), rather than just lie about it.

• Like 1

That's right, players don't talk...

I'm sure they do, but I'll take the word of the CEO over a post from a fan messageboard until there is evidence of a source or some info/quotes to corroborate.
  • Like 1

I doubt he would either. But in that case I'd expect him to say nothing at all since he has no need to do so (especially on Twitter), rather than just lie about it.

I'm not suggesting he's lying. All he's said is that Moult has neither accepted nor rejected the offer. That's the state of play right now and it's a welcome bit of clarity but it doesn't necessarily mean that the player hasn't expressed a preference IMO.

He hasn't given them a yes or no however if they've offered him the deal and they've been "negotiating" for however long I'd suggest that they'll have a reasonable idea as to his position.

If Aberdeen meet our valuation, he'll be off.

Obviously if Aberdeen and an English team both made an offer we'd rather not sell to Aberdeen, but realistically in the short term are Aberdeen even a rival? They'll be 20 points + ahead of us with or without Louis Moult.

Exactly. Our rivals are Ross County and Kilmarnock.

Given Aberdeen's spending habits, I'd be surprised if they meet our valuation. And even if they do, I remain unconvinced he sees his future up north.

Regardless, I'm more interested in who we bring in to replace him if he does move on.

• Like 1

That £400k figure was quoted in The Sun on Friday night. I'm not sure when the quotes are from but I'm not sure the £400k thing is new information.

If it's in the Scu mthen I'd take it with a big pinch of "feck off" never mind salt. If they told me this was Scotland I'd che k twice before agreeing

I much prefer the honesty we get from Alan Burrows as opposed to the lies and rumours from the media.
  • Like 1

Guaranteed that Moult will go look at the way he moved to us. I have no problem with it at all we have given him a platform and he has repaid us with goals seems like a genuine guy tries when others don't covers a lot of the pitch as well.

Hope I'm wrong and he stays though.

• Like 1

I'm sure they do, but I'll take the word of the CEO over a post from a fan messageboard until there is evidence of a source or some info/quotes to corroborate.

Batter in. Plenty of posts on here corroborated without the need for quotes from source :whistling: It's as they call it in the business 'discretion'.

Batter in. Plenty of posts on here corroborated without the need for quotes from source :whistling: It's as they call it in the business 'discretion'.

From your previous posts on the site it seems youre pretty well informed when it comes to transfers etc at the club.

Should I take from your response to my scepticism of the previous posters inside scoop that you have heard something similar in regards to Moult deciding to knock back the extension?

From your previous posts on the site it seems youre pretty well informed when it comes to transfers etc at the club.

Should I take from your response to my scepticism of the previous posters inside scoop that you have heard something similar in regards to Moult deciding to knock back the extension?

It doesn't have to be as black and white as him "knocking it back" though. He can easily have expressed a preference to move this window and try and earn more money elsewhere. None of that contradicts what Flow said yesterday which is that Moult hasn't given a definitive answer, a "yes" or "no". As Onthefringes says, it's about "discretion" on the part of the club in terms of the info that goes out publicly.

From the club's point of view the deal still being on the table it gives them a bit of leverage and from his point of view, well...if nothing that suits him or the club comes up by the end of the window then he can sign it and earn more money than his current contract pays for the next 6 months until they try to sell him again in January.

• Like 1

Which paper if you don't mind me asking?

Wishaw Times were reporting this earlier. Don't know their track record on transfers tbh.

Wouldn't be too sad to see him in fairness. Seemed to be destined for big things but the likes of Cadden, Hall etc done more when a first team berth presented itself.

What's happening with dembele. Thought we would know by yesterday ?

From the interview of Robbo before gateshead, Did he not say Bira went back south to deal with some family stuff? Which could explain also why theres a delay in any decision.

From the interview of Robbo before gateshead, Did he not say Bira went back south to deal with some family stuff? Which could explain also why theres a delay in any decision.

Yeah that's right. Robbo said he expected an answer from him yesterday, so it might be that the club know whether it's a yes or no. If he has agreed to join it's probably that he hasn't come back up from London yet to complete the deal.

I'm not overly hopeful of him signing. At 29 this will probably be his last chance to get a decent contract and if clubs down south are after him it's likely they'll be able to outbid us. Hopefully Robbo's powers of persuasion can work again likely did with Bigi and others.

• Andy_P locked this topic