The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Yeah that's right. Robbo said he expected an answer from him yesterday, so it might be that the club know whether it's a yes or no. If he has agreed to join it's probably that he hasn't come back up from London yet to complete the deal.

I'm not overly hopeful of him signing. At 29 this will probably be his last chance to get a decent contract and if clubs down south are after him it's likely they'll be able to outbid us. Hopefully Robbo's powers of persuasion can work again likely did with Bigi and others.

Depends on who the other teams are that have an interest. If his family is based in London and the teams looking at him are offering a better financial package and are closer to home then it's pretty much going to be a no brainer for him. His first club in England was Stevenage then he moved to Barnet which is only 20 miles away.

I'd imagine if there's another London club in for him then he'd stay put tbh.

• Like 1

Depends on who the other teams are that have an interest. If his family is based in London and the teams looking at him are offering a better financial package and are closer to home then it's pretty much going to be a no brainer for him. His first club in England was Stevenage then he moved to Barnet which is only 20 miles away.

I'd imagine if there's another London club in for him then he'd stay put tbh.

Yeah I agree, if there is a London based L2 or Conference club in for him I imagine he'd stay put. Don't know off the top of my head but I imagine there's a fair few clubs in those leagues dotted around the London area.

Over in Mexico at the moment and have just been talking to a Canadian guy who watches SPFL games on a Sat morning and he was saying we looked good last season against the old firm and thought we should have finished higher by what he seen - told him the rest of the games we were shit.

Guy is 63 and still plays week in week out loves football and knows a hell of a lot about Scottish/English/European football - bored the hell out the wife for the last 2 hours in the bar

• Like 1

Good decision by the club to get rid of Thomas, was going nowhere with us. Waste of a wage really. Had a few tricks but from what I've observed won't have the application to cut it at this level. I think he could do a job for a bottom half SPFL championship team but that's about it. Didn't buy the opinion that he didn't get a chance, had years to break through and numerous youth players have shown the opportunity is there if you grasp it

• Like 1

It might free up a wage but any half decent player will want a signing on fee and probably a bigger wage so it'll still cost us to replace him.

He looked fat in the preseason photos. Hiding your chin with a beard is a bad look for a 21 year old footballer. He might respond to McCullochs managerial style though and Killie are giving young players a chance and playing the ball on the deck.

It might free up a wage but any half decent player will want a signing on fee and probably a bigger wage so it'll still cost us to replace him.

He looked fat in the preseason photos. Hiding your chin with a beard is a bad look for a 21 year old footballer. He might respond to McCullochs managerial style though and Killie are giving young players a chance and playing the ball on the deck.

We don't need to replace him. He wasnt even in the team and didn't really provide anything off the bench.

Money can be used elsewhere in the team. Right move for both parties.

It'll help free up some money for our war chest. It was stated some years ago, at a club AGM, that signing on fees (if there are any at all) are normally paid by the selling club, not the new club. Given the circumstances, I doubt if there will be one at Kilmarnock for Thomas.

Thomas is gone.

Louis Moult would also jump at the chance to join Aberdeen.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Moult moves in Scotland. I think he can do a lot better than that.

However if they come in with a bid and there are no bids on the table from down south he might just take the up in wages and likely move to England once he has been there a couple years

Think you'll find 'talks' have been at a stand still for months...

The club did the right thing by offering a new contract.

Almost zero chance Moult was ever going to sign it.

I can't imagine any fan (or the player himself) thought he'd be with us any more than 2 seasons.

• Like 1

The club did the right thing by offering a new contract.

Almost zero chance Moult was ever going to sign it.

I can't imagine any fan (or the player himself) thought he'd be with us any more than 2 seasons.

No denying that. Was it the first offer the club made? :no:

We don't need to replace him. He wasnt even in the team and didn't really provide anything off the bench.

Money can be used elsewhere in the team. Right move for both parties.

We are going to be playing 4-5-1. We have Frear, Tanner, McLean (made of glass), Cadden (shouldn't be considered a forward) and Hastie who can play behind Fisher/Bowman.

We are extremely short of creative players.

We are going to be playing 4-5-1. We have Frear, Tanner, McLean (made of glass), Cadden (shouldn't be considered a forward) and Hastie who can play behind Fisher/Bowman.

We are extremely short of creative players.

I agree with the latter bit but the first part I'd say it'a more likely to be a 4231 (tomato/tomatoe I suppose) McHugh, Bigirimana, Campbell and Rose are the obvious candidates for the 2 holding spots and as you say, Frear, Tanner, MacLean, Cadden +1 for the 3 behind Bowman or Fisher.

I'd imagine there's a fair chance Hastie will be out on loan given Craigan wasn't against the idea in January.

Not seen this posted already

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40584027

Motherwell striker Louis Moult 'very grateful' for interest

By Andy Burke

BBC Sport Scotland

7 minutes ago From the section Football