The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I just don't think it needs to be specifically articulated that we are a "stepping stone" club. I mean, I know we are, you know we are, I just don't think that's needs to be put out in there in the way it was.

That's all.

It doesn't bother me at all but I kind of get what you are saying, "stepping stone" sounds quite cold whereas something like "help me reach the next level" means exactly the same thing but leaves less room for offence to be taken.
  • Like 1

Aberdeen have just confirmed the signing of Gary Mackay-Steven on a two year deal. Wonder if that means anything in their pursuit of Moult? They seem to have quite an abundance of options in the forward area now.

I think Aberdeen will still be looking for a centre forward but depending on the fee paid for GMS, an increased offer for Moult may well be out the question now.

I think Aberdeen will still be looking for a centre forward but depending on the fee paid for GMS, an increased offer for Moult may well be out the question now.

While I don't doubt that they'll be looking for another forward, should they be? With Rooney, Stewart, Stockley, Wright, Storey, McLean, Mackay-Steven, Maynard among other more attacking options, should they really be spending 400k+ on another attacker?

Edited by CSmith

May I suggest Dean Shiels as at present not with anyone, there is talk of Dunfermline signing him, even a couple of my Rangers mates thought he was half decent!!

If dunfermline want him, I wouldn't think we've got much chance. He'll have his eye on them.

While I don't doubt that they'll be looking for another forward, should they be? With Rooney, Stewart, Stockley, Wright, Storey, McLean, Mackay-Steven, Maynard among other more attacking options, should they really be spending 400k+ on another attacker?

McInnes wants a proven goalscorer to compete with Rooney. The centre forwards mentioned above, Storey and Stockley, aren't up to the task and will be offloaded in due course.

McInnes wants a proven goalscorer to compete with Rooney. The centre forwards mentioned above, Storey and Stockley, aren't up to the task and will be offloaded in due course.

No idea if he's any good but Maynard is an out and out striker I'm sure. Assuming Mcinnes is sticking to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 I'd be surprised if Aberdeen are still in for Moult, or any other striker.

Indeed. Bigirimana and possibly Carson apart, our signings don't resemble the enthusiasm shared by Burrows at the outset.

Forgetting about possible missed signing due to them getting better offers, what should he say? We are going to sign two or three decent guys and five or six mediocre ones - be serious.

• Like 2

Forgetting about possible missed signing due to them getting better offers, what should he say? We are going to sign two or three decent guys and five or six mediocre ones - be serious.

Not that I have an issue with what was said, as I personally don't stalk the club's general manager online like some people seem to... but... he could have simply said nothing about potential future signings and left talking about the footballing side of the club to the 'football department'.

Moult does want to go, though I still doubt he fancies Aberdeen even though he'll be on 3 or 4 times his money. He definitely wants a move to England, but then again, I definitely want a move to Monaco from an Oil Company and neither look likely to happen at this moment in time.

He might not fancy Aberdeen but I doubt he can say no to the pay rise.

He has a young family, injury problems and probably doubts over the quality of his team mates this season. He would be mad not to jump at the first good offer.

"probably doubts over the quality of his team mates" is the kind of baseless speculation that makes this place great.

Moult's agent (and Moult himself) will be well aware of who is and who isn't interested in his services next season, regardless of who has actually made a formal bid at this stage. It's the agent's job to gauge interest. It may be that Aberdeen is the only club who wants him - in which case they need to pay the asking price. If there are other teams who have expressed an interest to Moult's agent. however, he'd be mad not to sit tight for a few more weeks and see what transpires.

• Like 2

"probably doubts over the quality of his team mates" is the kind of baseless speculation that makes this place great.

Moult's agent (and Moult himself) will be well aware of who is and who isn't interested in his services next season, regardless of who has actually made a formal bid at this stage. It's the agent's job to gauge interest. It may be that Aberdeen is the only club who wants him - in which case they need to pay the asking price. If there are other teams who have expressed an interest to Moult's agent. however, he'd be mad not to sit tight for a few more weeks and see what transpires.

Baseless? I'm not so sure...

Your second point is bang on the money.

WELL WINDFALL Motherwell could be set for £500,000 windfall thanks to former winger Marvin Johnsons sell-on clause at Oxford

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1277508/motherwell-could-be-set-for-500000-windfall-thanks-to-former-winger-marvin-johnsons-sell-on-clause-at-oxford/amp/

Sell moult for the same and we will be financially safe for a while as long as we don't go down.

• Andy_P locked this topic