The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Took my uncle to the game against Killie and he said to me if Rangers pay Motherwell for Moult and Heneghan it would be robbery! While he is a celtic fan, he goes to a game every week, often Motherwell or Hibs, and he has never rated our 2 boys. Just saying. We think Moult is great, but as per my previous post he grabbed his chance with hard graft in a terrible team. I'm sure the club know what they are doing, so if he goes for an undisclosed fee or free, let's just trust the club know better than most of us and will make the best decision.

Well if your uncle said it then I guess that's it set.

They're shite, get rid Robinson.

Anyone criticising Moult here is off their head. He's been amazing for us, gives 100% every game, has played through injuries, scored 18 goals each of the last two seasons, scored against the ugly sisters, scored against accies, scored important goals to win us key games, and has been positively engaged and involved with the club and fans off the pitch throughout.

We all know we're a stepping stone, that's the club model, so don't get all ex girlfriend when someone actually says 'stepping stone' to the press.

If Louis Moult is the whore, Motherwell FC is the pimp.

We'll be desperate to get him out the door before the window closes, along with the opportunity of any chance of cash. Absolutely no doubt we'll be using every media contact in the book to make sure the whole world knows he's available.

No it's the agent who is whoring him. It's an ugly game at times

Motherwell and Moult are playing this perfectly.

Main frustration however is that there doesn't appear to be much of interest from clubs down south. Hopefully that changes prior to late August.

Here's hoping this can be solved sooner rather than later, allowing us to reduce the debt by £200-300k whilst leaving scope to bring in 2 quality players on a decent wage. With at least 1 of the players meeting the Marvin/Moult blueprint.

• Like 2

Well if your uncle said it then I guess that's it set.

They're shite, get rid Robinson.

I think you are missing my point, which is that as Motherwell fans many of us big-up our players, but the outside view can be different and in some cases give some balance / another perspective. The outside opinion I mentioned is a guy who goes to around 60 games a year because he loves football, and he sees lots of teams and players multiple times. If you don't want to credit that then fine, but no need to have a childish response.

I haven't criticised Moult, I actually said I like the guy a lot.

I'm not gushing over Moult or others though when the time comes and our better players feel it's time to take the next step.

Motherwell and Moult are playing this perfectly.

Main frustration however is that there doesn't appear to be much of interest from clubs down south. Hopefully that changes prior to late August.

Here's hoping this can be solved sooner rather than later, allowing us to reduce the debt by £200-300k whilst leaving scope to bring in 2 quality players on a decent wage. With at least 1 of the players meeting the Marvin/Moult blueprint.

I'm all on board with this, I really am. It's the way the club has to operate.

However, as I think maybe Ya bezzer alluded to earlier. We have to make sure securing transfer funds now doesn't cost us money further down the line i.e. relegation. If Louis Moult was the difference between staying up and going down we'd probably make a net loss of over £500k from his transfer.

Gavin Mccafferty is reporting Bira Dembele has turned down our contract offer and we won't be offering him another one. Presume the info came from the pre match press conference.

Hopefully we've got a second option lined up.

Gavin Mccafferty is reporting Bira Dembele has turned down our contract offer and we won't be offering him another one. Presume the info came from the pre match press conference.

Hopefully we've got a second option lined up.

Yeah a few sources now saying the same. Shame he looked decent in the games he featured in but I'm sure we have plenty other irons in the fire.

I'm not surprised about all the Louis Moult discussion. I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that I know very little about what is going on here. We simply don't know what is going on behind the scenes and I'm not prepared to take the word of the media.

Sad day when a boy that gets released off Barnet is knocking back your contract. This is the reality of where we are unfortunately. Hopefully we have other options lined up

The bottom line is that we didn't offer enough money. Money wise which other Scots clubs, outwith those in the cities, would have offered much more? Its not sad at all its reality. We move on. Yes, we do need other options.

Getting sick of this now. If he wants to go then go and let's focus on a replacement. Feel the affection of the fans is being worn away by the way this is being handled like many before him. Leave the club with dignity and stop whoring yourself.

What's with the emotive language?Promoting the fact he's available is what he's doing, and I bet the club are right behind him...

Motherwell have been selling their better players since way back, no difference here....guys done a great job.What you going to do if he resigns now ?

The defence is very slow and will be roasted by any attackers with pace

We have the same back 4 as last season plus big Cedric who is untested and pretty raw as they say and Dunne whom early reports, to match his cv, are not encouraging. McManus divides opinion and missed the last part of the season through injury. Hammell, whilst a Motherwell legend, appears to be in his last legs, Tait missed the last part of the season and even his admirers admit he can't defend and Heneghan, whilst not without merit can be pretty error prone.

Defence, on paper and individually, is definitely a concern though hopefully with a better keeper and midfield this might allow them to play better collectively and to their strengths.

What's with the emotive language?Promoting the fact he's available is what he's doing, and I bet the club are right behind him...

Motherwell have been selling their better players since way back, no difference here....guys done a great job.What you going to do if he resigns now ?

Resign ?

I would love to be proved wrong but Louis Moult has no intentions of signing the extension laid before him. He apparently has changed his agent recently and I doubt he'll be talking him into staying.

What the club need to do it talk him up to fuck. In a similar way we did with Johnson.

Hopefully he gets a few goals from whenever he play until about Aug 26th. That's when we talk him up. At every opportunity. We have to hope that at that point some teams maybe miss their first choice or realise they need a guy to take a chance on.

Hopefully we can get a few bob and a decent sell on from a scenario like that.

There is also the thought that if/when that occurs, we need to be looking at replacements and may have to gamble (if possible) on bringing somone in before Moult leaves. Losing Johnson so late in the last Summer window really hurt us I think.

• Like 1

The bottom line is that we didn't offer enough money. Money wise which other Scots clubs, outwith those in the cities, would have offered much more? Its not sad at all its reality. We move on. Yes, we do need other options.

No it is sad. It's sad in the most heartfelt way how Scottish football has declined in every respect to the extent that established top flight clubs cannot afford the wage of an English fourth tier journeyman centre half.

I noticed the difference yesterday when considering Lee Erwin. He's a free agent and has been linked with the team for whom I have a season ticket in league 1. I thought about it last night and my thoughts were along the lines of would I want to see him at Motherwell? Yes. Would I want to see him at Charlton? No.

Why? Because he could do a job for one and not the other. Both teams looking to use wingers, both looking at using the 451 or 4231.

And that is really sad.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic