The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

If it was Louis Moult's missus that was seen with an unknown white substance, we wouldn't be debating the content of players' contracts. We'd be outraged at the intrusion from the low life, bottom feeding publication and asking why we should take moral guidance from those scumbags.

• Like 1

If it was Louis Moult's missus that was seen with an unknown white substance, we wouldn't be debating the content of players' contracts. We'd be outraged at the intrusion from the low life, bottom feeding publication and asking why we should take moral guidance from those scumbags.

Thing is but he was pictured inhaling the gas and in the paper there was also a picture of him that looked like him sniffing the powder. Different if he was there with her but not doing anything but he was.

Thing is but he was pictured inhaling the gas and in the paper there was also a picture of him that looked like him sniffing the powder. Different if he was there with her but not doing anything but he was.

I get it, but all we're looking for here is an excuse to punt him. Pictures taken from massive telephoto lens to accompany an article by scum sucking journalists is hardly solid evidence. Of course, the journalists that write these stories are pretty clever, because not once does it say either of the people, whose privacy they invaded, took anything illegal or did anything illegal.

If it was somebody we wanted to stay, the club would issuing statements about newspaper intrusion and to eff off.

BTW, I'm not saying we shouldn't punt him. Let's just not pretend it's because we have some moral authority and we'd apply the same rules equally to every player at the club.

• Like 1

Look at St Johnstone's record for dealing with players who brought the club into disrepute. Two employees brawling in public and they receive a smack on the wrist (because they were wanted by the club). Most employers would have viewed that as gross misconduct and instant dismissal.

Look at St Johnstone's record for dealing with players who brought the club into disrepute. Two employees brawling in public and they receive a smack on the wrist (because they were wanted by the club). Most employers would have viewed that as gross misconduct and instant dismissal.

They also sacked George o Boyle and Kevin Thomas for allegedly snorting coke a good number of years ago

A lot of talk about Moulty leaving and understandably so. For me though I think he should stay regardless of the interest. For me players find their level and for me Moult has found his. Adored by the fans, proven scorer and he wont miss his rent on his current wage. I know he and his agent will maybe aspire to bigger and better but is the grass always greener? Ok so he could land a move in the window, be sucessful. Fair play and well done. But what if it goes like stoke? For me its sign on here, make a more than good wage and legend!!

In terms of football why should he care if he moves to a level not suited to his abilities as long as he gets a 3 year contract he could be made for life. He could be absolutely rank wherever he goes but if hes nailed a 3 year big contact hes made for life, and why wouldnt he. Look at Stephen Pearson (someone Ive always considered vastly over rated) he went to Celtic and was distinctly average on 9/10 grand a week for 3 year deal. That's him a millionaire even if hes the biggest pile of shite out. Fans adoring Moult and him being suited to us frankly doesn't matter a fuck and frankly as a young man with a family neither it should. If a deal is put to him that secures him for life he should take it. If not he can take ours.

• Like 1

The laughing gas isn't what's going to damage his career it's the picture of him sitting next to her while she shoves white powder up her nose in a public place. There was a previous player of ours fond of the powdery stuff whose career bombed big time after leaving us. Slightly different but will end you're time at said club.

Aye he could end up at Albion Rovers if hes not careful :ph34r:

• Like 2

We should drug test him when he arrives back. If he has been taking all that shit it'll still show up in his system. I'm pretty sure in regular employment it's potentially a dismissal. I'd think as he's supposedly an athlete he should be sacked to set an example.......... and also get him off our payroll, it's a cruel game Jacob mate, see you!!

I don't disagree with anybody that wants shot of him. All I'm saying is if it was a player we wanted to keep we'd play the "support him through this difficult time" card.

He does seem to bit of an eejit, even by footballer standards.

I don't think I have ever seen a player so universally disliked at a club.

Not sure why to be honest and it all seems a bit too personal for my liking. Aside from having a public moan about a plastic pitch, have I missed something? Is it because he's always injured?

He's not the first nor will be the last player to be signed and not set the heather alight. Is it because the haircut, selfies, tattoos and tweeting are only acceptable if you are scoring goals?

Skippy hasn't had any luck with a move to Aus. Take him back again ? Or do you reckon he won't come back

Seen this one coming; skips preseason, nothing better on the table, probably expects to pick up a deal with us, would take about 10 games to get up to speed / back to full fitness. Not for me. Not saying we have better in the squad but as Robinson said about Dembele, we want players who are keen to be here. I'm sure McDonald stalled on the option last year and was late to preseason, for me it's time to draw a line. If I remember right Jennings done the preseason stall as well, and maybe Mcfadden too.
  • Like 1

McDonald is already being discussed in former players thread and that's where he should remain.

Agreed. He made it pretty clear on Radio Scotland a few weeks back that he wouldn't work with Robinson again.

I don't think I have ever seen a player so universally disliked at a club.

A career as a reality TV star, model or gym instructor awaits.

I was told from a good source he was approached to go on love island, wouldn't surprise me to see him do a reality programme, seems to be pals with every reality star going

I was told from a good source he was approached to go on love island, wouldn't surprise me to see him do a reality programme, seems to be pals with every reality star going

I was going to joke that he's more likely to appear on Love Island than in a Motherwell shirt.

Massive tangent, but it's a surprisingly addictive show, admittedly full of awful human beings.

• Andy_P locked this topic