The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Other than Blyth, who else could we mover our of our thin squad..?

Blyth is a no brainer. I'd also look to actively move on Henegan and Moult. If we can get anything around £250k for Henegan,then that is a decent bit of business. Unfortunately, the talk of interest in him seems to have subsided for now. I'd love Moult to sign a contract extension, but seeing as that seems unlikely, I'd take anything north of £600k with a decent sell on clause from a club in England. We are a selling club and now would be the time to cash in. Both these players would need to be replaced.

Elsewhere in the squad, we could do worse than look to loan out one or two of our better youngsters. This is less for financial reasons and more to give them more genuine first team experience, even if it is a level or two below where we are.

Beyond that, you have to ask the question, what future does Luke Watt really have at Fir Park? Like Dom Thomas, he has failed to take his chance to grab a first team place, so either punt or send out on loan to save us a few quid.

• Like 2

Blyth and Watt are the two obvious players we want out. Possibly McManus and Bowman at a push if we don't sell any of our big assets.

Regarding MacLean and Campbell, I wouldn't like to see either go out on loan. Both are good enough to make a positive contribution to the first team and should be central to the progression of the club. I accept finances dictate our mass recruitment from down south but we need to leave room for our own products to flourish and help maintain the identity of the club.

There is no doubt that Louis will go when the money is right. That's why he came here, to better himself. That's the plan flow sold him and every other player that comes through the door. Whether we like it or not that's the reason players sign for us. We have to sell that's how we are going to survive as a club. Let's just enjoy Louis while we have him and hope to hell we have a lot more like him in the future. Coyw.

• Like 1

Club in a tricky situation with Moult. Sell and we end up with a big wad of cash. Keep and his goals could keep us out of the relegation zone and finish the season with a big wad of cash....

But that is where his valuation will be calculated by the club. If they feel £600 k will give us the money to move on and be compensated for the loss of an important player in the last year of his contract that's what any team will have to pay.

I'd like to add a couple more. One up top and one in defence. But that's on top of what we have ad a core squad minus maybe Blyth and Watt off the top of my head. There's not much room for manouvre.

If we move on Bowman, McManus, Moult and Heneghan like some are suggesting that's a whole different rebuild job before the end of August...

• Like 1

Similar in many ways to big Hutch . Could have sold him in the January of his last season . Kept him . Ended up making two unbelievable tackles up at pittodrie when game was 0-0in last game of the season . Ended up 2nd and got more money than if we'd sold him . Gamble paid off.Moult could end up doing same for us . Point is it's not as straight forward as some think . These are massive decisions and can work for or against you .

Similar in many ways to big Hutch . Could have sold him in the January of his last season . Kept him . Ended up making two unbelievable tackles up at pittodrie when game was 0-0in last game of the season . Ended up 2nd and got more money than if we'd sold him . Gamble paid off.Moult could end up doing same for us . Point is it's not as straight forward as some think . These are massive decisions and can work for or against you .

And club ultimately went further into debt , damage felt season or two later.

Ps although similar situation, any bids for Hutch were really poor so that decision isn't quite on a par with the speculation above, at £600k

So as you say not as straightforward as many think

• Like 1

Blyth is a no brainer. I'd also look to actively move on Henegan and Moult. If we can get anything around £250k for Henegan,then that is a decent bit of business.

I've been told by someone at the club that the strategy is definitely to move Heneghan on.

Just to go back a bit, Dembele I can't believe that deal wasn't done.

Surely when he came in for a trial, the conversation was had, how much he'd be looking for either directly or through an agent and MFC either said that was a possibility or we can offer x.

We then offer x, and he turns his nose up at it. Don't get me wrong I'm not naive enough to think we're offering top dollar and players are well within their right to maximise earnings but just seems yet again MFC miss out to someone looking to make marginal financial gains.

Surely when he came in for a trial, the conversation was had, how much he'd be looking for either directly or through an agent and MFC either said that was a possibility or we can offer x.

We then offer x, and he turns his nose up at it. Don't get me wrong I'm not naive enough to think we're offering top dollar and players are well within their right to maximise earnings but just seems yet again MFC miss out to someone looking to make marginal financial gains.

He's signed for a French side, so it's not that much of a surprise he kb'd us tbh.

http://www.stade-lavallois.com/actualite/l-actualite/25565-Bira-Dembele--Heureux-detre-ici.html

• Like 1

Trials work both ways. It's just a like a job interview. He checked us out, we checked him out. He had other offers on the table too, and decided to go with a different one.

On the flip side, it seems that a couple of guys we did sign had better financial offers available, but preferred us.

So far I think Robinson has done a great job building what looks to be a better squad of players than we have seen for a good few seasons. Don't forget we have one of the smallest budgets in the league, if not the smallest, so the job him and flow do to sell the club to incoming players must be applauded. Don't really think they could do anymore than what there doing. However they are some on here that they will never please.

So far I think Robinson has done a great job building what looks to be a better squad of players than we have seen for a good few seasons. Don't forget we have one of the smallest budgets in the league, if not the smallest, so the job him and flow do to sell the club to incoming players must be applauded. Don't really think they could do anymore than what there doing. However they are some on here that they will never please.

Accies definitely have a smaller budget.

I'm always a little wary of confidential contract details being discussed on the board as if they were fact, but even if Moult's sell on clause was 50% it was a still a great bit of business - especially with the clauses we'll put in his next contract.

• Andy_P locked this topic