The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Both Aberdeen fans. Also, both pointless twats. The fact that they are given free reign to spout their shite by the BBC is both indicative of the decline in standards of that organisation and just sad.

Surely its not beyond the capabilities of a publicly owned organisation as large as the BBC to employ informed and unbiased commentators and pundits.

Surely its not beyond the capabilities of a publicly owned organisation as large as the BBC to employ informed and unbiased commentators and pundits.

It's all gone to hell in a handcart since Bob Crampsie died. Just one of the many reasons I immigrated.

Don't think anyone will be jumping in with bids for Moult after yesterday. Had quite a stinker by his standards. Take out whether it was soft or not he gave away the winning penalty goal and also had a glaring miss when he should've burst the net. Love the guy but not a good showing on tv

Don't think anyone will be jumping in with bids for Moult after yesterday. Had quite a stinker by his standards. Take out whether it was soft or not he gave away the winning penalty goal and also had a glaring miss when he should've burst the net. Love the guy but not a good showing on tv

Play him in the right position and he do'll the business. Interested clubs will be well aware of that and the fact he's not match fit.

The thing is though, are there interested clubs (plural)?

All we know is Aberdeen were interested. Has any other club made an enquiry this summer?

Any other sides looking yesterday would not have been impressed. Big stage, missed his golden chance and then spent the rest of the game acting like a petulant child. This led to him giving away the match winning penalty. Not a good day at the office for Louis.

First post in a while...

I've struggled to muster any strength of feeling towards our squads over the last couple of years. I don't like the model of signing substandard players from the English lower leagues and hoping about 1 in 3 of them turn out to be useful and produce a small transfer fee. They've no interest in Motherwell and likewise I've no interest in their development and future.

It's a continual struggle to keep churning through them and just exist along the same lines indefinitely.

It's to the detriment of young Scottish players of our own which I find immensely disappointing. I've no real affection for the team anymore and my attendances have tailed off to the point where I was away out playing golf yesterday afternoon and didn't bother to check the score until hours after the match had ended. In the not too distant past, I'd never have envisaged that ever being the case.

There's no identity to our team on the park, they're 90% mercenaries who will be off the first payday they can get their hands on. Contrast it to our team of ten years ago...

First post in a while...

I've struggled to muster any strength of feeling towards our squads over the last couple of years. I don't like the model of signing substandard players from the English lower leagues and hoping about 1 in 3 of them turn out to be useful and produce a small transfer fee. They've no interest in Motherwell and likewise I've no interest in their development and future.

It's a continual struggle to keep churning through them and just exist along the same lines indefinitely.

It's to the detriment of young Scottish players of our own which I find immensely disappointing. I've no real affection for the team anymore and my attendances have tailed off to the point where I was away out playing golf yesterday afternoon and didn't bother to check the score until hours after the match had ended. In the not too distant past, I'd never have envisaged that ever being the case.

There's no identity to our team on the park, they're 90% mercenaries who will be off the first payday they can get their hands on. Contrast it to our team of ten years ago...

thats the model the board has developed. Contrast them to ten years ago. I'll always go and support the colours more than player who wears them these days. It's all about financial survival now. There is no longer lucrative rewards for players to remain with us. We are fans these guys ain't.
  • Like 2

About ten years ago our team had Jim Hamilton in it. Jim Hamilton played for 12 different sides.

About twenty years ago our team had Owen Coyle in it. Owen Coyle played for 10 different sides.

About thirty years ago our team had Paul Kinnaird in it. Paul Kinnaird played for 17 different sides.

• Like 2

First post in a while...

It's a business we are dealing with, not the BB's

• Like 1

The modern trend is to employ "opinionated" presenters to "get the fans talking".

First post in a while...

We're by no means alone in this regard. Most Scots teams are the same and is the English Premier League any different. I'm afraid thats modern day football. The days of Willie Kilmarnocks, Baldy Shaws and Joe Warks is long gone. Our team of 10 years ago also contained "mercenaries" like Chris Porter, Simon Mensing, Simon Lapping, Jim Patterson, Stephen Hughes, and Ross MacCormack.

So what model would you have then, your criteria seem to be nobody plays for Motherwell unless they were born locally, and been at the club man and boy,irrespective of whether they have any talent or potential. What we have now is football in the 21st century, not something from a Roy of the rovers comic, we are Motherwell not Melchester.

• Like 1

First post in a while...

I feel your pain Gav and I posted similar sentiments (although maybe not as strong) last year.

Loyalty though is a 2 way street and as others have pointed out 10/15/20 years ago we had players here for a season or two and then gone. I have no issue with that as long as they play well when here. The other side of the coin is clubs show no loyalty if a player loses form, is not liked by a new manager, or gets injured. It is a short career and players need to maximise their opportunities which they will not do as one club players.

I would love to see more home grown players in the first team and I have no doubt so would the club. Development fees if they move on even at the end of contracts are lucrative for the club (Erwin!), but these same rules prohibit us going for young Scottish talent from other clubs as they are too expensive.

Hence the model we have but the caveat for me is to see more of our own in the first team as the next 2 seasons progress, and a better quality of signings (which in the main this season we have). For now I would say the youngsters are not ready and fans would quite rightly criticise the manager for throwing them in en mass and have us in trouble yet again.

We are not the only club with this issue and I feel it is not the club that is the issue its the system.

Anyway hope your golf had a better result than the team on Sunday

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Fair enough. Wonder how much of a pay off he took. He was on a fair whack! Utter shite though.

Wonder if his stint in the papers gave us enough leeway to punt him on more favourable terms.

I very much hope so, as he was fucking shite.

Folk wishing him the best on twitter jesus christ. Fire him out a fucking cannon.

Wonder if his stint in the papers gave us enough leeway to punt him on more favourable terms.

I very much hope so, as he was fucking shite.

I know there were avenues looked at regarding this. Think it was more to do with him being of on a jolly rather being at home wearing his protective boot. Never heard of any outcome.

Statement on the official site would seem to show where the club stands in regards to feelings towards parting company.

Normally a wee spiel thanking them for their services and wishing the exiting player well in their future career.

Not for the bold Jacob, one sentence. Bolt.

One of the biggest wastes of money I can remember in over 30 yrs of following the team. Good riddance ya twat.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic