The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

^ how so?

He was pish in his second spell coz we were pish. We're no bad now, would happily take him back.

He seems to have been pish everywhere he's played recently. Didn't exactly set Dens Park alight with his contribution.

Guys like Moult and McHugh managed to perform in our weaker teams.

I think that the wry smile was because he has got his pacy front man in... he's just ad to wait for him to cut down on his other role.... I can exclusively reveal that I believe it to be, after hearing from my sister's, mother's, brother's only nephew that it is Usain Bolt,,,,, :)

I think that the wry smile was because he has got his pacy front man in... he's just ad to wait for him to cut down on his other role.... I can exclusively reveal that I believe it to be, after hearing from my sister's, mother's, brother's only nephew that it is Usain Bolt,,,,, :)

Is he not the 2nd fastest man in Jamaica after Omar Daley?

• Like 2

Your source has awful patter...

• Like 1

Today was a disastrous day at the office. Sometimes you learn more in defeat than you do in winning . We're still work in progress and the league cup midweek endeavours do have an impact . Just ask Neil McConnell. We do need a couple of players in and I'm sure that'll be happening soon.

The Accies team looks solid compared to the other relegation contenders.

After watching the game today you have to ask are we too inexperienced?

WTF, even by your standards that is utter bollocks, the average age of the team may be low but most if not all of those guys have played hundreds of games at whatever level they were at before they came to Fir park. If by inexperienced you mean they are not diving cheating b**st**ds like some of the Accies team i.e. Imrie and try to play football then yes we are inexperienced, but i know what style of Football i would want to watch.

There is a naivety about the team with some of our most experienced players - Moult, Carson and McHugh - making very poor decisions that have thrown away the last 2 games. Hopefully just a blip that we'll learn from quickly.

There's a naivety about the team full stop. More excusably in younger players certainly. As was said earlier, St Johnstone, by comparison, are a streetwise team and yes, unpalatable or not, that did involve conning the referee yesterday. In terms of football alone, our younger lads must learn for example Kipre should have launched the ball out of the park before Carson picked the ball up. "Streetwiseness" is also a quality some managers actively seek and encourage in players. Two players who come to mind were Eoin Jess and Scott Booth at Aberdeen. Even as teenagers they knew all the dodges, cons and tricks. Dundee United were also very good at coaching this aspect of the game. With some players, rashness is just part of their make up and thats a fact of life.

In terms of players being added up top, if things were to remain the same what would you buy to compliment what we have at the moment

I.e., small and tricky forward like McDonald

Strong centre forward type like higdon

Fast player to run off a centre forward type?

Interested to know what people or more specifically who folk would go for?

The way I see it is we have

Bowman- typical old fashioned centre forward type

Fisher/tanner- appear to be reasonable link up players

Moult- has a bit of both about him

Intrigued as to who we could go for that would compliment any of the above up front

Either way another forward/winger and defender in my opinion is crucial for the season ahead. Can only see 1 maybe 2 out of that coming in tho

In terms of players being added up top, if things were to remain the same what would you buy to compliment what we have at the moment

I.e., small and tricky forward like McDonald

Strong centre forward type like higdon

Fast player to run off a centre forward type?

Interested to know what people or more specifically who folk would go for?

The way I see it is we have

Bowman- typical old fashioned centre forward type

Fisher/tanner- appear to be reasonable link up players

Moult- has a bit of both about him

Intrigued as to who we could go for that would compliment any of the above up front

Either way another forward/winger and defender in my opinion is crucial for the season ahead. Can only see 1 maybe 2 out of that coming in tho

Priority for me is finding a striker with genuine quality. Whether he's good at linking up the play or threatening with his pace, we can adjust our style accordingly. The important thing is that we find a striker who puts defences on the backfoot and offers a bit of composure in front of goal. Find that player and he'll compliment Moult and Fisher well.

If the departure of Bowman can help finance such a move then so be it.

• Like 1

Priority for me is finding a striker with genuine quality. Whether he's fast or a good at linking up the play or threatening with his pace, we can adjust our style accordingly. The important thing is that we find a striker who puts defences on the backfoot and offers a bit of composure in front of goal. Find that player and he'll compliment Moult and Fisher well.

If the departure of Bowman can help finance such a move then so be it.

^^^^ 100% this.

As the squad currently stands I think our likely finishing position is bottom six but safe. We have some interesting options in every position, but I don't think we have the defensive options to put a run of good league results together.

A lot can happen in the next 2 and a bit weeks, and I think we'll lose at least one for our better players, but here's hoping it isn't Cadden, as I think if we can keep him and add the fabled pacy striker then we have a chance to do a little better than expected. However, I dont think that signing the one defender is going to change much, as nothing I have seen so far suggests there's many clean sheets in our future.

• Andy_P locked this topic