The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Good luck to Big Mick in his new role. He took a fair bit of stick but 2 things that always stand out for me is his performances in the relegation play-off and strangely the 4-3 defeat to Arrogant FC last season. The first half performance from Big Mick that day was immense.

• Like 1

Good luck to Stephen McManus. All things onsidered, he should be remembered for having been a decent player for us. His retirement does leave a bit of a gap in defence, though his change of role should hopefully free up some cash fore an experienced replacement. You would assume that this has not come out of the blue to Robinson and co, and that some thought and planning has already gone into a replacement. We should hope to have someone in sooner than later.

That makes sense for both parties. He was clearly struggling with injury and it clears the way for us to bring in another player. I'm sure someone posted this rumour a day or two ago.

It will also probably help with our quota for academy coaches with Project Brave.

• Like 1

i seem to remember there being quite a bit of hype about Rohan Ferguson a few years ago for some reason, whether or not it's came to anything who knows.

When Airdie played Dundee United in the cup about 2 seasons ago, he apparently was outstanding and it was rumoured in the press after that game that he would be signing for United.

English Championship outfit Hull City weighing up move for Motherwell midfielder Chris Cadden

HULL City are weighing up a move for Motherwell midfielder Chris Cadden.

The in-demand winger is attracting interest from a string of clubs in England, with the Tigers understood to be considering a bid before the transfer window shuts.

Cadden, 20 was the subject of an offer from Hearts earlier in the summer, with then Jambos boss Ian Cathro keen to land the Scotland Under-21 cap for a right wing-back role.

However, Fir Park chiefs considered the package to be well short of what they are looking for.

Cadden is rated as one of the brightest talents to have come through Wells productive youth system in recent years.

Contracted until 2019, he will not come cheap but Championship Hull could now test the water.

They consider Scottish football as a hotbed of affordable talent, on the back of their successful signing of Andy Robertson in 2014, and will hope lightning strikes twice.

That deal was said to be worth £2.85million, with the Scotland left-backs rapid progress resulting in his recent £8m switch to Liverpool.

New boss Leonid Slutsky is keen to make his mark at City and reshape their squad to seal a quick return to the top flight.

The ex-CSKA Moscow man is on the lookout for a pacy, technically-gifted wide player like Cadden.

He has cash in the bank following Robertsons move and could further bolster his spending power by selling Sam Clucas to Burnley for £10m.

Selling Cadden now would be a high risk strategy. He is a key player for us and would be extremely difficult to replace. At twenty, he is only going to improve and he has two years left on his contract.

Wakey wakey, selling is our strategy!!!

Not meaning to single this out, but while on subject, I can't believe how much folk greet about players who may move: its too soon / best stay another year / not to another Scottish club /surely worth 10 times that

Life goes on

If we need to sell its got to be 2 million and massive add-ons to go now. We're entitled to 600,000 atleast if he was to move at the end of his current contract due to development fees anyway. So if they do want him, pay up. Saying all that it is probably a non story given its coming from that rag.

Selling Cadden now would be a high risk strategy. He is a key player for us and would be extremely difficult to replace. At twenty, he is only going to improve and he has two years left on his contract.

What I worry about is his form now, with all this transfer talk, I would hope it would not be affected, but have to say Moult has hardly been on his best form with all his transfer talk.

I can see why the English league want the transfer deadline before the start of the league.

• Andy_P locked this topic