The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I must confess I'm a bit baffled by the transfer window too. Hadn't really paid it much attention but on checking dates I was surprised it stayed open after the season starts. Clubs can easily unsettle players if they are minded. It should be closed before the season starts and only loans allowed during the season.

Just my 2p worth

Robinson said Cadden would net us 600k or more if he walked at the end of his contract. Anybody wants him mid contract will need to offer more than that.

While it's great for us, of course, it's fees like this that make it close to impossible for us to sign Scottish players over the age of 16 or 17.

Unless we are in dire straits financially, I wouldn't take anything less than the projected amount at the end of his contract, we would be daft to. Providing there's no loopholes where he could move for compensation. Glad he's still 23 or under when his deal expires, found it frustrating when we gave Murphy a contract until he was 24 and ended up getting a pittance up front although I'm not sure how much that has been offset by what we've received for both his Sheffield United and Brighton moves.

As for the keeper, I'd be lying if I said I knew much about him, but at any level for a keeper to come through a system and play fifty-five games by the time he is 19, he must be doing something right. Glad we plan to loan him straight back out though, so that match practice doesn't stagnate.

Robinson said Cadden would net us 600k or more if he walked at the end of his contract. Anybody wants him mid contract will need to offer more than that.

While it's great for us, of course, it's fees like this that make it close to impossible for us to sign Scottish players over the age of 16 or 17.

sadly this is true. But it also prevents the old firm from stealing our best young talent for next to nothing.

Aye, we're back to plucking figures out of thin air again and running with it.

£2,000,000 ffs :crazy:

true. Probably to much however I'm sure hull won't be the only interested party before the transfer window closes and motherwell hold all the aces.
  • Like 1

true. Probably to much however I'm sure hull won't be the only interested party before the transfer window closes and motherwell hold all the aces.

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that while, we're not in financial dire straits at the moment, we aren't exactly flush either. While its all well and good to state that we'd be due a minimum of £600k if we allow his contract to run down, it may well be that we'd be delighted to take that type of money just now, given the obvious lack of offers for the likes of Moult and Heneghan, both of whom I'd imagine would have been high up on our 'auction-off-to-the-highest-bidder' list.

Honestly, I'm convinced that any of our players is (and probably should be made) available at anything over £500k. Thats a huge amount of money to our club, and an amount that can allow us to progress, if we use it wisely.

• Like 2

It would be irresponsible not to maximize the return for what we have. As it stands we have two years of Cadden left and a potential development fee of 500k+, selling him for less than that would be plain crazy, especially at this stage in his contract. Injuries and loss of form happen, but if we start panicking at this point then the whole model is bust.

• Like 1

What everyone seems to be forgetting is that while, we're not in financial dire straits at the moment, we aren't exactly flush either. While its all well and good to state that we'd be due a minimum of £600k if we allow his contract to run down, it may well be that we'd be delighted to take that type of money just now, given the obvious lack of offers for the likes of Moult and Heneghan, both of whom I'd imagine would have been high up on our 'auction-off-to-the-highest-bidder' list.

Honestly, I'm convinced that any of our players is (and probably should be made) available at anything over £500k. Thats a huge amount of money to our club, and an amount that can allow us to progress, if we use it wisely.

if the board were to sell moult for 500 thousand right now, by the time we paid Wrexham there percentage and the sum that would be due to go to clear some of the debt, we woukdnt clear 200 thousand for the club. So would it be better to keep him and let him run his contract down and hope he had a rich goal scoring vein of form that would secure our place in the league? Numbers came from a board member.

Thats up to the board to decide I suppose. Will he score the goals that keep us up? Do we have someone in mind to replace him? Are we under pressure to sell from Boyle/Hutchinson? Are there any clubs willing to pay more than Aberdeen offered?

I don't know, but what I do know is that the sooner we pay our debts to our two most recent owners, it will be a million times easier to keep the Club on an even keel

Celtic 2-0 up in their Champions League qualifier. I saw on twitter earlier every club in the Premiership will get £250k in UEFA solidarity payments if they get to the group stage which might help swell the coffers a little bit.

Edit : Finished 5-0 so just about guaranteed a bit of extra cash.

• Like 1

From Robinson's last press conference he seemed to indicate a new arrival could be on the way. Hopefully the extra £ from Celtic getting through will accelerate this. Experienced centre back and a striker with more quality than Bowman/Fisher. Pleaseeee

From memory the money isn't payed out until the end of the season, so we got £230,000 for last season not long ago and if they go through - and it's hard to believe they won't - then the £250,000 for this year won't be seen until next year.

• Like 1

From memory the money isn't payed out until the end of the season, so we got £230,000 for last season not long ago and if they go through - and it's hard to believe they won't - then the £250,000 for this year won't be seen until next year.

Surely we can adjust budgets accordingly.. oh no I forgot we are skinto :( wishful thinking I guess

We tend not to shout good news stories about our finances and any windfalls from the rooftops. Just the doom and gloom ones.

We tend not to shout good news stories about our finances and any windfalls from the rooftops. Just the doom and gloom ones.

Why would we?

For example... Next Tuesday we sell Louis Moult. Our immediate action is to pull our 'big list of scouted centre forwards in English step 5' out of the back of the desk drawer. We've done well picking up bodies for small fees here and there. If they know we're flush with cash from selling Moult, in addition to us telling everyone we've got all the money, what bargaining position does that put us in?

• Andy_P locked this topic