The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Why would we?

For example... Next Tuesday we sell Louis Moult. Our immediate action is to pull our 'big list of scouted centre forwards in English step 5' out of the back of the desk drawer. We've done well picking up bodies for small fees here and there. If they know we're flush with cash from selling Moult, in addition to us telling everyone we've got all the money, what bargaining position does that put us in?

Yes, take your point.

To flip your argument though, as we're constantly pleading poverty, teams think we will take any offer for our best players, and we maybe won't get as much as we could. Look at some of the fees Dundee united have pulled in.

I'm sure it is tight, but feel we tend to overplay the negatives and ignore the positives, for example focusing on lack of cup run, rather than acknowledging we got good draws in terms of revenue (e.g. Rangers at home, Celtic away last year in league cup).

Why would we?

For example... Next Tuesday we sell Louis Moult. Our immediate action is to pull our 'big list of scouted centre forwards in English step 5' out of the back of the desk drawer. We've done well picking up bodies for small fees here and there. If they know we're flush with cash from selling Moult, in addition to us telling everyone we've got all the money, what bargaining position does that put us in?

If a club wants to know the details of a transfer they just need to ask the agent involved.

Yes, take your point.

To flip your argument though, as we're constantly pleading poverty, teams think we will take any offer for our best players, and we maybe won't get as much as we could. Look at some of the fees Dundee united have pulled in.

I'm sure it is tight, but feel we tend to overplay the negatives and ignore the positives, for example focusing on lack of cup run, rather than acknowledging we got good draws in terms of revenue (e.g. Rangers at home, Celtic away last year in league cup).

I don't disagree, but we have been, and presumably are, turning down offers, I'm not sure how clear we could be that we expect our evaluation to be met. We did it with Moult and Cadden.

United? Fuck knows how they've got some of the fees they have. Goodwillie and Ciftci in particular turned out to wildly over-priced. I've wondered if their 'fees' announced are the full potential fees they could get, as opposed to the pounds and pence they received in the bank when the registration moved. As such, they've ended up paying stupid money to stupid players, which is the danger there.

Going by twitter, it's been confirmed that Moult has rejected the contract on offer. No surprise there but let's see how much genuine interest there is in him.

If there are any offers from England in region of £500k, I think we should take it, the sooner the better.

I tend to agree. Cadden would be a bigger loss to us. In addition if we tighten up defence and stop shedding goals, Louis' goals will be less important, even though they wouldn't be any less welcome.

At 500 thousand by the time everyone is paid off there ain't any real money to be made by the club. However a refusal to sign is almost as good as a transfer request at this stage. With the team looking like it's stronger in other areas its time to get the best deal possible and let him leave, giving the manager time to bring in his plan A or B.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1395940-louis-moult-will-not-sign-new-motherwell-contract/

Louis Moult will not sign new contract with Motherwell
STV
25 mins ago
The striker has rejected an offer and has less than a year left on his current deal.
The striker has said he will not sign a new deal at Fir Park.
The club had made an offer to extend the player's stay which would have made him the highest-paid player in manager Stephen Robinson's squad.
Moult's existing contract runs out at the end of the season and the player will be free to talk to other clubs in January unless Motherwell decide to sell the player rather than lose him for free next summer.
Rangers and Aberdeen were both interested in the forward, with the Dons being unsuccessful in a move to take Moult to Pittodrie earlier this summer.
The 25-year old has been an important figure for the Steelmen, scoring 30 goals for the club in the last two seasons.

With Moult, I'd be happy to take a punt, his goals are worth more to Mothetwell than anything less than say 500k. Great opportunity to progress in league cup and reach a semi final. I'd take a shot at a potential cup success (and staying in the league) and losing him for nothing in a year than selling for the sake of selling. Gives us a year to find a suitable replacement.

What is it with folk tweeting Moult & Burrows.

'Ah well his heads gone just sell him'.

'He's not up for it... should get money for him....'

Jeez man think it aye, post it aye, don't copy the player and boss in etc. Let's be gracious about it. The guy has been class for us on and off he pitch and deserves some respect from the fans.

• Like 7

If what has been reported in the media is true we need to get rid of Moult asap to try and make some money on the boy. I was expecting him to sign a short extension to his current deal, however, it looks like he’ll be another bargain buy for a bigger club. Not a lot we can do I’m afraid.

Jeez man think it aye, post it aye, don't copy the player and boss in etc. Let's be gracious about it. The guy has been class for us on and off he pitch and deserves some respect from the fans.

Sounds like the Twitter equivalent of the guy who was screaming "YER NO AT ABERDEEN YET LOUIS" over and over and over again at the RC cup game...

Also think given the lack of interest and his pish start to the season we'll be lucky to get £300k for him.

• Like 2

Sounds like the Twitter equivalent of the guy who was screaming "YER NO AT ABERDEEN YET LOUIS" over and over and over again at the RC cup game...

Also think given the lack of interest and his pish start to the season we'll be lucky to get £300k for him.

That's just ridiculous tbh. He has been nothing but professional for us and deserves the same respect as he gives the club and fans.

Moult has been absolutely magic for us, kept us up last year, played through injury, ran himself to a standstill, bent it up Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and quite aside from actually being good at football, has turned up at at things endlessly outside of actually playing football and has been a great ambassador for the club in the community.

If you're chucking him abuse/demanding he's sold/left to rot - delete as applicable, you're an absolute welt, probably with a tiny cock and a wife that hates you for it.

With Moult, I'd be happy to take a punt, his goals are worth more to Mothetwell than anything less than say 500k. Great opportunity to progress in league cup and reach a semi final. I'd take a shot at a potential cup success (and staying in the league) and losing him for nothing in a year than selling for the sake of selling. Gives us a year to find a suitable replacement.

Yeah, this is my view. I'd like to get more than 500k but I don't think we will unfortunately given Louis's injury and therefore slow start to the season. He's worth more to us than that I think for the reasons you've pointed out.

Great player for us, will continue to be and give 100% too. King Louis.

Why is this news? We knew he wasn't signing weeks ago.

That's what I was thinking.

I'd like to get 500k for him, but if all we get after moving him on and paying our cut to Les and JB is even 50k profit, it was still a great signing.

Also, whoever's behind that 'Where's Louis Moult' twitter account needs to stop immediately. Cringiest thing I've seen in a while.
  • Like 3

• Andy_P locked this topic